Paradogmatic's Works - Void Hunters - ( Demi Squad WIP )

The helmets remind me of the power armor in the 'Fallout' computer games. Are they from a 3rd party?

The helmet on the Sergeant is from Forgeworld and the one on the Grenade Launcher squaddie is from a 3rd Party called KFStudio on Ebay - Specifically the "Galactic Knight 5 Heads in mask Viking Style by KFStudio"

What kit is that Primaris bolt gun that is on the strap from? Looks good so far!

The one on the Sergeant slung under the arm? From the Intercessor box - all the weapons / arms in this shot are from that.

Thanks. I’ve only got the dark imperium Intercessors for now. I need to pick up that box.

Even if it doesn't necessarily work for your Chapter, I'd grab either the Dark Angels or Blood Angels version of the box now -- its like $5 more and you get the whole extra sprue of shoulders, heads and some bits for the faction -- some of which are pretty usable anywhere. I'll probably grab a DA one for my next set of Intercessors.

Little bit of an experiment tonight -- picked up some Deathwatch with the intention of converting them into Vanilla Marines that fit into the sizing of the Primaris a bit more, since I had seen some other threads that stated they were closer in scale.

I'm thinking it worked out rather well -- Once the Primaris are up and running I'll be converting at least a Tac squad of ex-Deathwatch ( mostly DW torso/leg combos with alternative other bits -- may keep the backpacks as I love the auspex-things ). I'll take off any typical Inquisition markings and put my own brand on them.

Some quick mockup shots  :

3481ulf.jpg

1g5cDsR.jpg

ERytT8i.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Had some setbacks on paint -- I've gone back and forth over my bone a few times for my base colour -- one of my less successful attempts, though I did like the split of colours :

yYK8Py7.jpg

mEWI2Ml.jpg

Stripped that back but kept the images as a roadmap for future attempts.

Also had a bit of hobby-ADD and palate cleansing on a Custodian Guard today :

INcXf9b.jpg

flxEXxc.jpg

fQFvQtk.jpg

Needs a bit more contrast and I'm thinking of trying an alternate ( darker ) scheme, but it was nice to knock something out in a few hours rather than the overthinking I've been doing on my Primaris.

The Custodes looks great!

yYK8Py7.jpg

This model looks promising. Is that a bolt rifle with an auxiliary grenade launcher mounted under the barrel? Where'd you get this weapon?

The Boltgun is from the standalone Intercessor box -- you get one per sprue of 5 so it works out pretty well for demi-squads.

• 2 months later...

Did some work over the weekend when inspiration struck -- started working on my Primaris Captain w/ Plasma and Power Fist.

Still needs a lot of work but I'm happy with the movement of the pose so far.  A lot of details to finish / change / clean up but he's got me excited.

0nq5M67.jpg

x05ICz8.jpg

cI04yFs.jpg

• 1 month later...

So the Void Hunters have pivoted now that I've found the right army fit -- 'Deathwatch' by another name :

Started up a few other Captains because I have convert-itis. I'll be finishing the Powerfist / Plasma Captain first but here we go :

Primaris 'Watch Captain' -- Weapons are not final at all -- just needed some arms for posing :

80Emrel.jpg

Regular 'Watch Captain' -- With Thunder Hammer/Storm Shield/Jump Pack -- SUPER WIP but the pose is working for me -- thanks for your sacrifice Achilles :

ckg9Sba.jpg

p3OguGT.jpg

pDeLcqV.jpg

p0j4oRz.jpg

• 3 months later...

Finally finished blocking out the basing & some of the details for some of the heavy hitters in my Fortis team -- the guy with the cloak is converted from the Primaris Gravis Captain model which served no purpose in my plays-as Deathwatch force :

iSdIqaS.jpg

jwoiTpB.jpg

9zpsGy3.jpg

WIP of the Inceptor too -- needs some surface details still. I'll trim down the peg under the foot when I do a final attachment to the base so its more hidden. He's about the same height as an Inceptor on one of the clear bases -- I'll have to find more scatter to work with the other Inceptors I build :

JoXV9wn.jpg

dbnSAEF.jpg

Roigjyc.jpg

Archived