As always, your work inspires and terrifies in equal measure!
Thanks for the comment Son of Carnelian
So sadly my holidays came to a end there. Early in the year I ended up with a horrible virus that lasted for two months. So this in turn has result in a lot of catching up, needless to say I really needed the two week off... but I could do with more time off to be honesty.
Any time I've had toward the hobby last week has been spent toward getting models painted for Warcry. Any other time been spent with the guinea pigs I got back 10th August & just building up that trust with them.
But thing are settle down & I am aim to try get a bit more time toward the hobby from Friday on words. My aim next week to try get my Thousand Sons Rhinos & Predators all complete, along with the Exalted Sorcerer so expect them some point next week.
Once again I'm looking forward take part in this year Call of Chaos. After taken part recently in ETL. For me it not who win, it more important about see the work each hobbiest in the community does. It should never be about arrogance or ego's.
Call of Chaos is a event that is pretty important for my Iron Warriors over the years I've been part of the forum. So here what I've vow so far.
1. Havocs w/Autocannons (x5)
- I'm just waiting to make use of the brand new Chaos Marines, using the autocannon from the shadowspear model.
2. Havocs w/Chaincannon (x5)
- It funny, anyone who followed my Iron Warriors over the years will seen me converting up Autocannon as Heavy Bolter with the barrel from the Assault Cannons. Now we get this as a wargear. But I'm wanting to use the new parts from the Havoc unit, which I've already got. I already converted up a Battle Brother with the Chaincannon for my Siege Breacher unit & he was a test model to see if a few idea would work out.
3. Lord Discordant
- I'd just bought the model while that Warhammer World for my birthday. It one of my favriote models since been preview early in the year. Really enjoy painting the first Lord Discordant back in April.
4. Iron Warriors Rhino
5. Iron Warriors Rhino
- Both for the Havoc units. I want one Rhino to have a Crucified Alpha Legion to be base upon my games against Ryan & after getting the Forge World transfer. I'm also ether looking into a crucified Space Wolf or Salamander for the second as a Primaris. Really enjoy converting the Ultramarine. If I went with the Salamander it might possible be done in contrast. While the Wolf would rep my game while that Warhammer World.
- I've had another Forge World OOP IW Dreadnought waiting a while. Part of this was to wait for the Sister of Battle walker to be release. But seen the preview a few week ago, it look a bit small for the conversion I wanted. So instead just build him as he is but cover in Barbed Wire & I'm going to get the Iron Hand Character this weekend to use the Servo arm's.
- I've been meaning to get around adding this model to my Iron Warriors. But as said above, just time was become a issue. So I will really need to try come up with something that rep someone who part of Warsmith Abhorred Riddick command. Someone who sent to deal with anyone who wish to challenge him or to go & take on Champion of other faction in single combat. I like the idea of the Iron Warrior who shown up in ADB Black Legion novel. Part me maybe going with a Techmarine but not all out Warpsmith vibe.
- I have two of these already for Combat when the Chaos Knight codex was release. The third one will be arm with the Autocannon, as I think a friend is after a single one.
11. Chaos Knight Rampage
- The Knight for my World Eater, just give me option for my list. Simple use him instead of the three Maulerfiend & it mean I will have eight units. He most like going to get built on Saturday as I've had the model since there release.
12. Nurgle Lord
- I've been meaning to go back to my Death Guard army over the past year & also try get more games with them. Part of this is, I also need to get a Lord sorted. I saw a cool bit art work over on Instagram which has inspired this. But other side is, my uncle going over to Japan in the next week & is going to try pick up the Hero series three for me while he is there.
13. Greater Possessed
14. Greater Possessed
- These two are a bit of a risk. The Greater Possessed as for my Iron Warriors. But I want a more tech look. So I'm waiting for the Arco-flagellant to get release to use part from them.
Here how the three squads of Iron Warriors look, with the new updated Chaos Models. One of the unit still has one Battle Brother to add. I'm just waiting for the Scout Primaris to get release, as I'd like to use the radio backpack on one of the models.
I've also done a quick update on my Dreadnought I'd added during Christmas last year. It was just to removed the Plasma Cannon arm & he traded that with a Lascannon. This arm came from a Metal Chaos Dreadnought I added to my army back in 2015, so they just both swap arm's.
This Dreadnought blow is also possible going to see a small change. Replace the Missile Launcher with a Close Combat arm. Just I prefer combat to be honesty. When the Dreadnought was orignaly added, theme was going to be a fallen Battle Brother of the Havocs. But as said I prefer combat more than anything else. I'm not quite sure yet.
So hopeful from next week there will be a few more updates. With aim of getting the Thousand Sons tanks finish & World Eater Biker so that bring the unit up to eight models.