Black Templar Chapter Tactics Leaked: Reroll Charges

Kilamandaros

Unless they said so during the actual bat rep Rob only said that there were 8 CTs in the book but did NOT specify which ones they are outside of the UM, in fact he made it a point to say that he wouldn't be releasing that information. Any claim of what CTs there are in the book other than UM and IF (which were confirmed by the CF example) is speculation, although it's a very safe bet to say that all the other founding chapters, other than the usual DA BA and SW, will be in the book thus leaving two extras

Those 2 extras would likely be Crimson Fists and Black Templars. Exactly as I would expect.

I would agree EXCEPT that Rob used CF as the example of what to do with successor chapters and said they would use the IF tactics, leaving one a mystery. I totally expect BT will get their own though

That's assuming Crimson Fists are a thing. As ronin pointed out, they uses Crimson Fists as an example when talking about the Imperial Fists.

I still think Salamanders > Black Templars, at least so far as Chapter Tactics go. Leave the latter to Chapter Approved when they can be given the love they need.

Could just as easily be:

• Blood Angels (Replace with BT)
  • Dark Angels (Replace with Salamanders)
  • Space Wolves (Replace with....?)
  • Ultramarines
  • Imperial Fists
  • Iron hands
  • White Scars
  • Raven Guard

That is if we're 100% certain that the CT for BA/DA/SW won't be in the C:SM codex. I've read somewhere that even though they'll be receiving their own codex sometime that they'll still be in C:SM, though it seems to defeat the purpose?

Salamanders get Chapter tactics Henricus. Watching the archived Livestream from yesterday right now. Phil and Rob are talking about how CTs effect a SM army, and they specifically mention how Salamanders play differently from White Scars. There's no need for hysteria.

I expect nothing and I will still be disappointed. As always.

Henricus, coming to the BT board and insisting on Salamanders>BT, several times, for me is just low key baiting.

This is exactly like the 7th edition codex rumours, where Nids had eaten BT chapter (lol).

We will be fine. And if we are not in the codex expect us in the codex Adeptus Ministorium with Sisters.

for me is just low key baiting.

It's a good thing you weren't here earlier; everyone was in on it. :wink:

Glad to hear that Sallies are at least getting a CT. Assuming the DA, BA and SW are presumably receiving their CTs in their respective codices, that leaves plenty of room for BT, CF and... BR? The latter would be nifty, given DoWIII's recent release, although I'd expect Forgeworld to handle that CT given the upcoming Angelos model.

They just need to reconcile what exactly they want to do with the BT now. They aren't quite unique enough to justify their own codex, but they have just enough flavour to need a CT that alters some of the existing units (Sternguard/Vanguard Veterans) to better relate to the likes of Sword Brethren.

To make BT unique depends on GW.

Which brings me to my first point.

It ties into the issue of what exactly to do with the Templars specifically. I wouldn't be surprised if they experimented with a CT for them yet couldn't distinguish it enough from other CTs. That or they've simply opted for the easy approach.

We'll see in the long run. I'm not holding out any hope, although as I've said before, I'd rather see other factions given some love first.

Brothers, all of this debating over chapters is pointless. Have you not forgotten the shame that we will NEVER be Ultramarines?

Truth be told, we have been further away.

We are getting there slowly.

We are protective of our turf.

No, we the community make them unique.

GW provides the framework. We are the ones that turn it into legend.

Look at our forum. Look at the number of topics and crusades.

GW didn't create a single one of those we did.

If you want to give up your chapter, then by all means do. That is your choice.

I, however, will not give up MY Templars until thye pry them from my cold, stiff fingers.

We are protective of our turf.To make BT unique depends on GW.

I, however, will not give up MY Templars until thye pry them from my cold, stiff fingers.

Our reclusiarch dispensing wisdom, as always. You make me proud to call myself a Templar, brother.

Just a quote from the Codex FAQ:

I just bought Index: Imperium 1 – what should I do with it?
You’ll want to keep hold of your index. Codex: Space Marines doesn’t include rules for playing with Blood AngelsDark AngelsSpace WolvesDeathwatch or Grey Knights armies, so you’ll still need Index: Imperium 1 to play with those. You’ll also need it for using some of the more unusual models such as the 30th Anniversary Space Marine, the Legion of the Damned and the Terminus Ultra Land Raider.

3 First founding chapters are not in the codex. There are 9 first founding chapters. Ergo, of the 8 chapter tactics, 6 are first founding and 2 are not. Ergo, we need not even have the faintest worry that we'll lose our CT.

We are protective of our turf.

Even in death though, I'll still clench ;) and just like Tankred, we'll endure...

Henricus Insitoris, you didn't watch Text to Speech Episode 24 didn't you? The one that talked about the Templars?

I recommend you do, because it's a nasty hive of fury and hate that you're kicking...

Salamanders can have their Flamer and Hammer focused Chapter Tactics, I don't mind...

highly doubt they'll use IF Chapter Tactics on Templars, especially after saying for the umpteenth time that all unit builds will be viable for 8th... we should have 8 Chapter Tactics available in the book without the inclusion of Crimson Fist, since Crimson Fist never had their own Chapter Tactic to begin with, they use the same Tactic as the the Imperial Fists during 6th and 7th, and I think they'll be using the same at 8th...

here's my opinion of which Chapter Tactic (and Chapters available) there will be:

• Ultramarines (no one surprised? GOOD)
  • Salamanders (here you go Henricus, your beloved Space Lizards that got kicked out of Helsreach...)
  • White Scars - probably bike focused allowing them to ride faster and advance and shoot
  • Raven Guard - sneaky beakies will hopefully have the ability to advance or Infiltrate entire armies, or Deep Strike and advance if you have Jump Packs
  • Imperial Fists - some sort of Bolter Centric Tactic
  • Iron Hands - hopefully Feel No Pain
  • Black Templars - some sort of attack bonus or anti-witchcraft to accommodate lack of psykers and preference to melee
  • This one is either a customized Chapter Tactic you can pick from a list similar to how they did it back in 2nd ed. maybe as sort of another throwback, so you could have your own specialized Chapter, or Primaris Space Marines.... a Chapter Tactic specific to an army that has Primaris keyword only and will not apply to those without Primaris keyword... makes sense if you want to sell Primaris...

Here's what I guess they would be... I highly doubt the DA, SW, GK, and BA would be on our Codex as it's already stated ^^^ and it's also been said many times... Crusader Squads are a separate entry through the Index, and they would be too for the Codex, so they would be Restricted to "Keyword: Chapter<Templars> " that's more than proof enough for me that we'll be getting our own Chapter Tactic... now as to how lackluster it will be, remains to be seen... I guess as long as my Emperor's Champion can swing his S8 Black Sword melee against the likes of Arhiman and such, then I won't have an issue :p

When killing a psyker in every battle (including battles without psykers) is more than enough to satisfy victory conditions, then you know you're a Templar...

oops, wrong thread :p

Can't say I've ever heard of it. Is that the sod that reads off of the Lexicanum/Warhammer 40,000 Wiki word for word and acts as if he's the Emperor's gift to the universe? As far as fury and hate goes, eh. If you can't have a discussion without going Space Wolf/Sister then that's on you. :tongue.:

That CT list seems more or less like what we'd expect in that case, although the final entry could be anything. I'm still leaning hard towards it being some sort of Primaris-specific CT (Unnumbered Sons? Fulminators?) as opposed to a player-created CT. If they were going to go down that route one would hope they brought back the old trait tables from previous editions.

On that note, I'm curious to see how Primaris fit in with the rest of the BTs. Guess we may get a little snippet of information on whether or not they've been absorbed into the main structure in the upcoming codex.

Can't say I've ever heard of it. Is that the sod that reads off of the Lexicanum/Warhammer 40,000 Wiki word for word and acts as if he's the Emperor's gift to the universe? As far as fury and hate goes, eh. If you can't have a discussion without going Space Wolf/Sister then that's on you. :tongue.:

That CT list seems more or less like what we'd expect in that case, although the final entry could be anything. I'm still leaning hard towards it being some sort of Primaris-specific CT (Unnumbered Sons? Fulminators?) as opposed to a player-created CT. If they were going to go down that route one would hope they brought back the old trait tables from previous editions.

On that note, I'm curious to see how Primaris fit in with the rest of the BTs. Guess we may get a little snippet of information on whether or not they've been absorbed into the main structure in the upcoming codex.

Oh... nope, not that one... can't believe you've never heard of Bruva Alfabusa and

PUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRGINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN WITH MY KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNN

entertainment and enlightenment for you... here

In regards to player created CT that's what I'm hoping for as well, but it will seem to be unlikely, mainly because it may make the First Founding or even the BT Chapter Tactics useless in comparison to customized Chapter Tactics... 

On the note of BT and Primaris, they already gave us screenshots artworks, depictions and even actual models of Primaris colored Templars... even Primaris with unit type designations that are designed towards Templars, (kinda don't agree w/ GW on this, but they used Black Pad and White Cross for Ranged Support and the usual for Assault Marines for Close Support, while line units get the typical White Pad w/ Black Cross... I though the Black Pad belongs to Chaplains...)

So I reckon there will be (or are for players who already have Primaris) Primaris Templars in the lore, and GW will probably found a hole in the lore to stuff them into and say that the these Primaris agrees w/ Templars to the no psyker rule, and that's why they joined here... or some similar to that...

I hope that BT don't "only" get something to deny psychic, or even get that ability. Having your units somehow deny psychic powers would imply you have some sort of psychic power yourself.. maybe more resiliency if anything... though I would prefer a CT emphasizing zeal

Same here. Something to give infantry mobility to charge upfield and hit things with chainswords really hard. Our Chapter Tactic being something not usable in half our fights, and maaaaybe saving us a couple mortal wounds in the other half, sounds....bleh. 

Continued speculation.... basing this of the ultra CT, they got +1 stat (LD) and a special rule (shoot after falling back). Maybe we can assume we get similar treatment? +1 attack? Special rule = if a BT within 6" dies advance as if it were the movement phase?

RG: +1 movement, infilatrare on certain units

IH: ignore tends of AP -1 , ...?

IF: +1 BS when firing a Bolger weapon

WS:..? Can fall back then charge

Sal:...? Something with flames

Continued speculation.... basing this of the ultra CT, they got +1 stat (LD) and a special rule (shoot after falling back). Maybe we can assume we get similar treatment? +1 attack? Special rule = if a BT within 6" dies advance as if it were the movement phase?

Too early to tell based on simply that info.

Too early to tell based on simply that info.

Of course, just having fun speculating.

Archived