Black Templar Chapter Tactics Leaked: Reroll Charges

Kilamandaros

Well that is GW for you ... Not knowing what is up and down, we know how good they are at math.  Either way CF and BT are not being left out and this is really not a change for CF or hurts their play style.  

Also the Primaries Chaplin looks very sharp.  

I'm not sure if this has been posted yet from FB via GW.

"However, Lee Slater- the Crimson Fists and Black Templars are unique in this regard. As they have such non-standard ways of fighting, both have their own Chapter Tactics and special rules"

The Warhammer Community article says CF uses the IF CT but have their own warlord and relics

So to summarize, "the world isn't ending (again), the Templars weren't tossed into the trash bin (again), and GW continues to roll out things we can look forward to (again)."

At what point do rational beings start to realize that "rumors" are inflammatory, based on ignorance (i.e. a lack of knowledge), and given enough time, proven to be untrue?

Now, whether or not you as an individual "like" what transpires is a completely different kettle of fish. That has to do with personal preferences, to which we are all allowed to have. Nobody says you have to like what GW is doing.

However, given how horribly wrong most rumors are in the early stages, it would seem prudent to take a pause before you grab the sides of your knickers and pull them up over your head.

This should be a good lesson for everyone to remember.

"We" are made of sterner stuff.

So to summarize, "the world isn't ending (again), the Templars weren't tossed into the trash bin (again), and GW continues to roll out things we can look forward to (again)."

At what point do rational beings start to realize that "rumors" are inflammatory, based on ignorance (i.e. a lack of knowledge), and given enough time, proven to be untrue?

Well, there was that one time.  One big, nasty time.  You know the one.  :dry.:

But I too will happily sit upon the throne of smug and look down upon the panicking melee of Chicken Littles with stern scowls.  Scoot over and make room for my Dreadnought butt :wink:

Can you blaim them? BT sells models.

That might be true for resellers but it certainly doesn't seem the case for Geedub these days; I can't remember the last time I saw a BT character/upgrade sprue in-stores, and Forgeworld has been gradually removing their BT products for a while now on account of them not selling particularly well.

That's assuming people actually buy them from Geedub, though.

Cute GW, pushing the new deal models onto BT. OMG PRIMARIS WITH HELBRECHT IZ AWSUM!! BY 2DAY!

Despite your rather valid point I think this is a good thing. If Helbrecht and Grimaldus combined with the reivers (is that how you spell it) is a solid combo then at least we know they won't be terrible in combat despite being an infiltration unit.

Of course any veteran unit will probably be just as good if not better but that's besides the point.

Cute GW, pushing the new deal models onto BT. OMG PRIMARIS WITH HELBRECHT IZ AWSUM!! BY 2DAY!

Despite your rather valid point I think this is a good thing. If Helbrecht and Grimaldus combined with the reivers (is that how you spell it) is a solid combo then at least we know they won't be terrible in combat despite being an infiltration unit.

Of course any veteran unit will probably be just as good if not better but that's besides the point.

Lead with your best foot.  Or haven't you noticed that the big fella front and center of all the arranged models on GW's homepage banner is none other than Big Papa Brecht? :cool.:

But let's not begrudge a company for pushing its new wares. :wink:

By the by, seems about time to change the thread title now doesn't it. :D

I'm digging the Chaplain. The rest is still meh.

I have a feeling that if primaris get true melee beyond reivers, they might have a templar option since we're the only melee oriented codex chapter left.

They have stated that they don't want to overlap existing marine roles with primaris marines. While I feel this is not only folly, but has already been subverted due to limitations (all roles already had multiple options), I don't doubt there will be more primaris variants in our future.

I wish my standard marines weren't so short.. going to need to re base to help with the height discrepancy.

I'm curious why the chaplain doesn't have his crozius but overall I really like the model no matter how edgelord it looks. I'm thinking maybe that scepter could be modified into a paddleum to whip the neophyte primaris into shape.

Can you blaim them? BT sells models.

That might be true for resellers but it certainly doesn't seem the case for Geedub these days; I can't remember the last time I saw a BT character/upgrade sprue in-stores, and Forgeworld has been gradually removing their BT products for a while now on account of them not selling particularly well.

That's assuming people actually buy them from Geedub, though.

Do you have a source for that claim?

I would actually bet you that the contrary is the case. BT seem to be one of  the most popular (if not THE most popular) second founding chapters, judging from the general community activity (recent twiter survey for example).

I guess the recent phasing out of various chapter unique models, accessories etc. (not just BT) has mainly two reasons:

1. focusing on one chapter (posterboys) is more economical

2. freeing production capacity for new products

BT does not sell these days because they don't have anything to sell.

Except the Upgrade sprue and chapter specific chars we are vanilla for all intents and purposes.

If GW made a proper Sword Bro kit, it would sell like hot cakes.

We as fans have been paying extra for our 10 man squads, if we want them all kited with Tabards and chained weapons. And I do believe GW has been milking us for a long time on that one.

Let's see what 8th edition brings us. Fingers crossed.

A chapter upgrade that fits to the current tactical squad without need for extra modelling would be nice... I would quite like to know whose bright idea it was to reverse the pins and holes on the tactical squad torsos

No one is to blame, they're just that old. 

but GW told us in a article weeks ago that Banshees are very strong. Now, we see that Banshees are one of the worst units in the whole game. In another Forum, a guy makes a big statistic about units... Banshees are the worst of them

I'm digging the Chaplain. The rest is still meh.

I have a feeling that if primaris get true melee beyond reivers, they might have a templar option since we're the only melee oriented codex chapter left.

we are not the only one. I would say Raven Guard got more focus on cc then on shooting.

Archived