What has been your go-to unit in 8th Edition?

I can't count Guilliman....

but as far as the rest of the codex when I think of all the games I've played since the codex dropped I have to admit there is one or two units that make every list of mine. (Even with my self punishing mind set of using mostly Primaris)...

Tigurius (amazing force multiplier that just seems to be incredibly well priced for what he does and works in competitve games as well as fun games)

Hellblasters. Everytime I go to pull them out my list just gets worse. (Primaris of course). But that said it is a bit saddening to me that DA use them a lot better now. I just talked my DA playing friend into getting them in his list with the fire line mentality and helped him remake his core out of these guys. I may have created a monster.. .he wants 10 more and just ripped into a Chaos soup list pretty darn good with them.

My Contemptor is giving me a great turn around on pure combat capacity. Firepower is reasonable but I'm really enjoying hitting folk with a S14 Damage 3 weapon. Killed a Thornback in a single turn, Thunder Wolf cavalry and all sorts of things my squads might otherwise struggle with.

Also, although I've yet to buy the models.

Vanguard Detachment, Space Wolves

HQ

Bjorn the Fell-Handed, twin-lascannon

Elite

Murderfang

2 x Venerable Dreadnoughts with storm shields

Because I love Dreadnoughts, so what can be wrong with a detachment composed solely of Dreadnoughts?

After lots of games these are my Go-to units:

-Hellblasters

-Intercessors

-Scouts

-Sicaran Venator

Units that have disappointed me after extensive playing:

-Librarians (Completely underwhelming powers, Tiggy has a cool -1 to hit rule at least)

-Redemptor Dreads

-Vindicators

-Chaplains

-Terminators

Units that have great rules but prohibitive or sometimes limiting costs:

-Stormtalons

-Landraider

-Repulsors

Fantastic units that are always in the running for any list I write:

-Predators

-Chaplain Dreadnought

-Reivers

-Inceptors

Edited by Ishagu

• 3 weeks later...

I've been really surprised by how awesome Rievers with Carbines and Grav-chutes are performing.  They're surprisingly resilient when dropped in cover, throw a decent amount of firepower and can usually fight their way through most comparably priced harassment units.  

For the price (100pts) they are fantastic objective grabbers and grant some much needed mobility to my army.

I'm also never leaving home without at least one unit of Intercessors with an Auxillary Grenade Launcher in my list!

I played my Reivers vs. Harlequins tonight wow they did great. I run them with boltguns too.

I run them with Boltguns and although okay, I never thought of them as 'great'... then I read....

Libby casted NZ on box cars so the Harlequins couldn’t deny it then boltered them all down.

Yea, they're awesome! lol

perspective is everything.