Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Lack of Noise Marine Options

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Aothaine

Aothaine

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 893 posts

So I was looking around this morning for model options on Noise Marines and the only thing I could find was the Noise Marine extras. 

Anyone know where to find any slanesh specific or noise marine sculpts?

The Traitor

The Traitor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,099 posts
  • Chapter Name: Harvesters of Souls
I love how the FW Kakophoni look, and use them as regular NM. Besides, they can be used in official GW shops!
  • Kierdale likes this

RnkaNVt.jpgvwZTGE7.pngLwxnpOd.jpgbokizST.jpg

They rose from the dead to slay the living:

The Harvesters of Souls, the II Legion and their various allies.

The Grimdark Harvest, my hobby and commissions blog, and a thread here, in B&C.

Kierdale

Kierdale

++ EXERCITUM IMPERARE ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 5,680 posts
Many of the Raptor/Warp Talon shoulder pads have speaker-like grills which go nicely on Noise Marines.
  • The Traitor likes this

malisteen

malisteen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,570 posts
There's very little at the moment. Forgeworld had a noise marine dreadnought and some heresy era emperors children bits that might still be available. There's some third party stuff. And the noise marine conversion bits you already saw.

Beyond that, slaaneshi marine armies are paint jobs and conversions on regular chaos marine models. A proper 40k emperor's children release a la what thousand sons got, or what death guard are getting soon, is expected eventually, but nobody can say when. It could still be years away, if it ever shows up at all.

WarriorFish

WarriorFish

++ PRÆFECT SOCIORUM ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 18,043 posts
  • Chapter Name: Hunter Legion

As The Traitor mentioned the FW Kakophoni set is a nice alternative I've gone for, but I'd wager that the Slaanesh release will provide a new set if we use the god releases so far as a benchmark. When that will be is the real question that needs answering, perhaps!

gallery_30308_3239_193.pnggallery_30308_9518_1600.pnggallery_30308_3239_17729.pnggallery_30308_3239_4912.pngETL_Medal_04.gif
Painting Oaths Completed:
gallery_30308_3239_28.gifgallery_30308_3239_28.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_84.gifgallery_30308_3239_42.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_42.gifgallery_30308_3239_28.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_42.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gif
gallery_30308_3239_42.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_42.gif
In the grim predictability of online 40k, there can be only Sun Tzu quotes

SM Cataphractii | IG Commissar | CSM Daemonettes | =][= Inquisitor | AM Knight | DE Sslyth

Isinfier

Isinfier

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,644 posts
The Sonic Dreadnought was removed from Forgeworld's catalog (alongside the other Traitor Legion dreadnoughts) last year, fyi.

I'd hold out for the time being, Aothaine. We've already seen new Plague Marines and Rubric Marines. I wouldn't be surprised if an updated Noise Marine kit wasn't far off, especially given the amount Fulgrim has been cropping up in the fluff recently.

If you're using grimdark unironically you're part of the problem.

Aothaine

Aothaine

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 893 posts

I'll hold out then. I need to finish up 4th Company Dark Angels first then I'm debating between Emperor's Childred/Genestealer Cults/Primaris Flesh Tearers Company or Dark Eldar. 

All are vying for the position of "next army" and I want something that people don't see to often which is why I've listed EC and GC in that list.

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,941 posts
  • Chapter Name: Cacophony of Unbound Pleasure

I just went with those

http://www.spellcrow...ons-c-9_43.html

but since it's not unlikely for us to get an Emperor's Children release eventually I'd wait for a bit longer. ^^

Disclaimer:

If my posts appear rude to you, I apologize. It's not meant to be rude in any way, it's just the way folks are in my country. It's really more about being direct than being rude. I know how it's perceived in the english speaking community and I already try to tone it down but I barely notice when it's too much since it's normal for me.

So yeah, I'm really not rude it's basically just cultural differences that act against me here. Again, I apologize.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpg

Kaldoth

Kaldoth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,674 posts
Definitely lots of third party parts. I've used Kromlech, puppetswar, and spellcrow. Zero complaints on casting quality, and the spelcrow guitar sets are really nice.

Sersi

Sersi

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 567 posts
  • Chapter Name: Black Templars

As stated above we'll be getting some new model loving eventually. Next year most likely when they kick off the Slaanesh/Aelf campaign in AOS next year.  But honestly your best bet if your moderately handy with green stuff is to convert yourself. That's always the best way to get exactly what you want.   I'm restarting my Emperor's Children as true-scale using converted Primaris marines, Forge World shoulder pad, and 3D printed Sonic Weapons. 

"Fear the cute ones!"

Drudge Dreadnought

Drudge Dreadnought

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,448 posts
  • Chapter Name: Chaos, Dark Eldar

As stated above we'll be getting some new model loving eventually. Next year most likely when they kick off the Slaanesh/Aelf campaign in AOS next year.  But honestly your best bet if your moderately handy with green stuff is to convert yourself. That's always the best way to get exactly what you want.   I'm restarting my Emperor's Children as true-scale using converted Primaris marines, Forge World shoulder pad, and 3D printed Sonic Weapons. 

Do you know of any good sources of 3D print model files? I've got a good printer, I just don't have much time to 3D design stuff. Are you using your own personal designs, or like scans of actual parts, etc?

Babymordred121

Babymordred121

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1 posts
  • Chapter Name: Heretic Astartes

Definitely lots of third party parts. I've used Kromlech, puppetswar, and spellcrow. Zero complaints on casting quality, and the spelcrow guitar sets are really nice.

For my Slaaneshi warband, I ordered some of the puppetswar "Demon Children" pauldrons (basically Emperor's Children, but with a skull and wing instead of talon and wing). I'm using the slightly bulkier Mark III power armor as a base, and, from their pics online, I figured the Demon Children pauldrons would blend right in; however, while fitted to the shoulder properly, they do look leaner than the ones that came with the original set. I haven't painted them yet, so that may make a difference; my gut reaction, though, is that they were designed with the standard Heretic Astartes models in mind, and would look better on those than on my MIIIs. Overall, though, very satisfied with the amount of detail. smile.png

Edited by Babymordred121, 17 July 2017 - 08:48 PM.

ElDuderino

ElDuderino

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 519 posts
I've seen some very nice conversions using hellstrider and raptor bits

http://castigatorsch...urient.html?m=1

Edited by ElDuderino, 17 July 2017 - 08:10 PM.

• Kierdale likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users