Lack of Noise Marine Options

Aothaine

So I was looking around this morning for model options on Noise Marines and the only thing I could find was the Noise Marine extras. 

Anyone know where to find any slanesh specific or noise marine sculpts?

There's very little at the moment. Forgeworld had a noise marine dreadnought and some heresy era emperors children bits that might still be available. There's some third party stuff. And the noise marine conversion bits you already saw.

Beyond that, slaaneshi marine armies are paint jobs and conversions on regular chaos marine models. A proper 40k emperor's children release a la what thousand sons got, or what death guard are getting soon, is expected eventually, but nobody can say when. It could still be years away, if it ever shows up at all.

As The Traitor mentioned the FW Kakophoni set is a nice alternative I've gone for, but I'd wager that the Slaanesh release will provide a new set if we use the god releases so far as a benchmark. When that will be is the real question that needs answering, perhaps!

The Sonic Dreadnought was removed from Forgeworld's catalog (alongside the other Traitor Legion dreadnoughts) last year, fyi.

I'd hold out for the time being, Aothaine. We've already seen new Plague Marines and Rubric Marines. I wouldn't be surprised if an updated Noise Marine kit wasn't far off, especially given the amount Fulgrim has been cropping up in the fluff recently.

I'll hold out then. I need to finish up 4th Company Dark Angels first then I'm debating between Emperor's Childred/Genestealer Cults/Primaris Flesh Tearers Company or Dark Eldar. 

All are vying for the position of "next army" and I want something that people don't see to often which is why I've listed EC and GC in that list.

As stated above we'll be getting some new model loving eventually. Next year most likely when they kick off the Slaanesh/Aelf campaign in AOS next year.  But honestly your best bet if your moderately handy with green stuff is to convert yourself. That's always the best way to get exactly what you want.   I'm restarting my Emperor's Children as true-scale using converted Primaris marines, Forge World shoulder pad, and 3D printed Sonic Weapons. 

As stated above we'll be getting some new model loving eventually. Next year most likely when they kick off the Slaanesh/Aelf campaign in AOS next year.  But honestly your best bet if your moderately handy with green stuff is to convert yourself. That's always the best way to get exactly what you want.   I'm restarting my Emperor's Children as true-scale using converted Primaris marines, Forge World shoulder pad, and 3D printed Sonic Weapons. 

Do you know of any good sources of 3D print model files? I've got a good printer, I just don't have much time to 3D design stuff. Are you using your own personal designs, or like scans of actual parts, etc?

Definitely lots of third party parts. I've used Kromlech, puppetswar, and spellcrow. Zero complaints on casting quality, and the spelcrow guitar sets are really nice.

For my Slaaneshi warband, I ordered some of the puppetswar "Demon Children" pauldrons (basically Emperor's Children, but with a skull and wing instead of talon and wing). I'm using the slightly bulkier Mark III power armor as a base, and, from their pics online, I figured the Demon Children pauldrons would blend right in; however, while fitted to the shoulder properly, they do look leaner than the ones that came with the original set. I haven't painted them yet, so that may make a difference; my gut reaction, though, is that they were designed with the standard Heretic Astartes models in mind, and would look better on those than on my MIIIs. Overall, though, very satisfied with the amount of detail. :smile.:

Edited by Babymordred121