Calling all Dread-heads!

If you take a blood angels elite detachment you could have a librarian dreadnought as your HQ! Just throwing that out there, Im sure most opponents wouldnt mind if you didnt try to use any buffs from this detachment on others and vice-versa.

Also, venerable dreadnoughts with a rifleman loadout seem very powerful (2x TL autocannons). Just bought 3 left and right autocannon arms from forgeworld, pretty hyped for having 3 riflemen on the back line to soften up targets for my Ironclads up front! (or punish eney transports / elites for getting too close)

Ive already posted this list on a similar thread in the BA forum and its still very much a work in progress (1500 pts-ish):

2x primaris redemptors, both with gatling cannons and storm bolters. (might switch to one or two macro plasmas after playtesting more)

3x venerable dreadnoughts, rifleman loadout (two twin autocannons)

3x Ironclad dreadnoughts with chainfists (meltagun) and hurricane bolters.

1x chaplain dreadnought, Twin lascannon or inferno cannon.

It seems like it could deal with both horde and vehicle lists quite well, the only drawback being a lack of troops so capturing objectives in some games will be impossible. I might switch out a redemptor for a Razorback with assault or dev squad to have at least somthing on the field that can capture objectives, and make target priority a little more complex for opponents.

Right, but I keep hearing people say "if the model is missing from the codex, use the rules from the index, but if the model still exists within the codex, use the rules from the codex." I've heard that alot although not necessarily specifically about the rifleman dread. 

Not really. It says if it doesn't exist in the codex, but it's in the index, then use the index. Seems pretty cut and dry to me. Just use points from the codex and you are golden.

^ What teun135 said.  As per the original errata, My techmarine on bike and conversion beamer come from the index.  Their PL/points are also from the index since there is no entry in the Codex or point change.

Ditto for duel Autocannon, or assault cannon autocannon, etc.  They are in the index so valid.  No points change from those entries in the Index to Codex.