Possums Angels of Vengeance Redux, Made it ma!

Punk possum

Yes Punk, I think this offering will suffice!

Magnificent work as always brother. Loving this Dreadwing terminators, and I’m really digging those Primaris. Glad to have you back!

Very cool wash up before ETL Brother Possum, it's always a treat to view your dudesmen.

Thanks for sharing.

IS

Thank you very much, Sadly I've nothing as impressive as a Warhound to vow for ETL but more on that later...

Yes Punk, I think this offering will suffice!

Magnificent work as always brother. Loving this Dreadwing terminators, and I’m really digging those Primaris. Glad to have you back!

Thank you Brother glad to be back. I know that Primaris are a bit contentious with some but I'm really loving painting them and TDA is always fun to paint 

Fantastic work as before. Thanks for sharing

Thank you and thanks for taking the time to comment its really motivating to know that other like your work  

Just curious, did you get the transfers made up for the shoulders? 

HI no I didn't. GW stocked them a few years back I bought a couple of sheets on a whim as I had at the time no real intention of doing an AoV army but am a sucker for transfer sheets ( I have a ridiculous number of random decals). I've been hugely helped out by the selfless kindness of Brother Arkley who sent me a bunch of the chaper icons that he had from the same sheets as I would have run out by now otherwise.   

GRC Thanks dude that really made me smile. 

Now I have finally got the round to it and vowed for the ETL its not the biggest vow by any stretch but it is achievable and leaves me with a few bits and bobs in reserve for follow up vows. 

I'll not bore you all by posting pictures of some dudes in undercoat that can be seen on the outpost. Well I'd best get cracking those dudesmen wont paint themselves!

Greetings Brothers of the First

I've managed to get started on my ETL Vow so this is just a quick update but first,

Great stuff mate!

Thank you I'm always humbled and glad that people like what I'm doing with my  toy soldiers I hope you like the latest instalment.  

Great work! Great army your have when finished

Cheers Brother, When its finished? is any army every really finished? No doubt I'll get to a point where I decide to wrap up on the AoV but I've still a bunch of decals left so it wont be for a while...

So I've been able to make some progress with my vow in between bouts of hayfever induced streaming eyes and nose ( oh how I love this time of year) and a rather jolly Birthday trip to Warhammer World on Saturday (came back with a fair bit of stuff for my Daughers of Khaine AoS force some reinforcement for my Beil tan craftworlders and after 30+ years in the hobby my first 40K scaled predator, yeah that's right my first!)  

Any hoo ETL stuff I've completed 3 of the Stalker bolter squad and made a start on a fourth so that sort of means I'm 20% done with 12 dudes still to paint... 

fpWhxjd.jpg?1

I Shamelessly stole the Idea of doing the chest icon skull red from Dark Rage as it is just cool. Thank D.R. 

cKJF3Qa.jpg?1

Qq1Llsd.jpg?1

So there we are 3 down 12 to go "Stay on target stay on target"

Hope you all like and good luck to everyone else who has vowed for the ETL regardless of faction or forum (still hope Forum Dark Angels win though). 

Very nice, really like the mix of colours and glad the red skull was helpful.

I was actually thinking of going back to the master and lieutenants to give them gold skulls but ended up thinking naa..

Very nice, really like the mix of colours and glad the red skull was helpful.

I was actually thinking of going back to the master and lieutenants to give them gold skulls but ended up thinking naa..

Thank you for the idea on the sarge and Gold you say? humm I have an ancient and a master in the pipe line...

Love 'em, especially the green trims, they really bring some pop.

Thanks I'm really liking the green too, it started as a bit of an experiment to try and mix codex heraldry with established D.A. practice as I see the Primaris new boys as being a bit of a blend. Following all that time crusading with big Bobby G., I imagine the experience of fighting along side the author of the Codex and seeing first hand one of the the emperors sons would leave a pretty big impression.   

MOAR!!!!

Ok then following a quite productive evening I've managed to finish another dude! Quite pleased I've managed to edit my process  down to only 4ish hours from start to finish. So I'm now a bit more confident that I'll get at least another Vow in and how much I can commit. 

So following Greenz's request here is dude 4 

1Cnj2Nt.jpg

Hope you all like him.

ETL Tracker 4 down 11 to go...

• 4 weeks later...

Greetings once more Brothers of the Rock

Soo its been a while, sorry about that Real life has intervened on my hobby time with a pretty pack month or so (including slightly disturbingly my eldest sons 18th birthday, I feel both proud and old :biggrin.: )  Also my hobby butterfly issues have reared their head and I signed up for a path to glory AoS campainge at my club with a faction I had almost no painted models for and three weeks to get ready, my club mates assured me that unpainted was fine but in my head it just isnt so cue much painting of Witch elves...

I love your marines. The combination of red and green gear looks so awesome.

Thank you I too really like the green on the 4 coy boys (I like the green shoulder pad rims so much it almost makes up for having to paint that company icon on all their knees :wink: )

More great work. Particularly in the little details like the markings.

Cheers I never really put too much effort into things like squad or company markings before but I really do think it makes a big difference. 

Now on the the actual update last time we were at 4 dudes done and 11 to do well that number has gone down a fair bit after a few very hobby productive days...

first up the stalker bolter squad is to done!

k1TsIoS.jpg

Also the Auto bolter guys get a big ol done following some brushes of fury style action.:smile.:

86SlFvW.jpg

I really like the wrist comm unit majigger on the Sarge its just a shame that such a distinctive bit cant really be used too often. 

This means that now I'm on the horns of a dilemma what to do next? the Agressors so tjhat all three of the squads are done? the Ancient because he is pretty much super dope especially when running with his hellblaster buddies? or the Master because he is a really nice mini that I want to paint? 

I think I'm gonna save the Master till last as a sort of incentive to push through the other dudes but anyone care to help a brother out here?

Thanks for looking in

ETL Tracker 10 down 5 to go...

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings Brothers.

I come before you once more Having followed Master Belial's Advice I've finished the ancient. Truth to tell this took a bit longer than I'd anticipated but I'm mostly happy with the result. 

NGHoY1K.jpg

b63KcRP.jpg

So that ticks the ETL tracker to 11 done 4 to go. 

• 1 month later...

Yikes what has happend to the last month? First some long over due replies and then an update. 

:thumbsup:

See I'm doing my best to wrestle that slacker title from you. :rolleyes:

Magnificent, as always!

Thank you, given how much I like your Consecrators thats a real compliment. 

Clean and crisp as always good stuff

Cheers JJD, I hope that the next installment is up to standard, its been a long time since I painted three minis in a day so I'm hoping that the quality hasnt slipped too much, take a look and let me know. 

Oh wow! What amazing freehand on that banner!

Thank you very much but I'm embarrassed to say the only real free hand on there is the chapter name and the checks ( which are a bit fuggly when compared to the sublime check work of a certain GRC...)  Everything else is decals or molded. 

Now when last we met I had just got 11 out of 15 dudes done for the ETL (in what was meant to be the first of at least two vows but then life and stuff kind of got in the way)  that left to aggressors and Master to do so have I pulled it out of the bag? Err well not quite yet but almost. 

BjrUs8k.jpg

So thats the Agressors done and I've started on the Master but there is a fair way more to go with him, So will I make it? I hope so Its going to be a super close run thing though. 

Ohhhh man - looking great!  How are you doing the chapter symbol?  I'm starting to run into problems now of needing to freehand.. and i'm pretty bad at freehanding.

EDIT: also so excited to do my ancient after seeing yours!

Well if you saw the log header you know I have managed to slip in under the wire. Hooray! now home for tea and medals! 

But first 

I do love your AoV guys :smile.:

Wait is that another Avatar? how many of those do you have? And thanks, the fact that there are more of them is in no small part thanks to you and your generosity Thanks again. 

Ohhhh man - looking great!  How are you doing the chapter symbol?  I'm starting to run into problems now of needing to freehand.. and i'm pretty bad at freehanding.

EDIT: also so excited to do my ancient after seeing yours!

Cheers I cannot emphasize how much comments like yours help motivate me to keep pushing forward, I am excited to see your ancient now and soon I hope. As to the chapter symbol I bought a couple of sheets of AoV decals years back in the 15mins that GW stocked them and was running out but then Brother Arkley donated a load of them that he had this is a major factor in me keeping going. If you have access to a laser printer or have a friendly local print shop in the download section of this hallowed site there are a couple of AoV decal sets that you could print onto decal paper, that would save the hassle of free handing or Shapeways had some pretty nice looking 3d printed AoV pad sets.  Hope some of that helps. 

Now on to the competion bit.

gXLttBR.jpg

There is one bit that's not done and that is his name scroll. But the reason for that is I have decided to name my master after the forum champ so he is done but waiting on a name. I'll post a picture of him all named up once the final contribution scores are published. Also I'm quite pleased with his ETL VI leg scroll thingy which typically doesnt show too well in the photo...

And now the final ETL contribution round up photo. I'd hoped to do more but sometimes life just dont work out the way you hope. maybe next time. 

iZEYrX3.jpg

Archived