Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Flesh Tearers and Primaris reinforcements

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

Arkangilos

Arkangilos

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,966 posts
  • Chapter Name: Sanguinary Crusaders
All BA and their successors are blood drinkers. All of their sons feel the thirst for it. Cawl even said that he wasn't changing that because that's part of the Emperors design.
Also, the timeline is 112 years after it started, and Guilliman ended in Ultramar, which is on the other side of the galaxy.

Previously known as Telanicus

IA Sanguinary Crusaders The Crusaders of Blood (Revised, still under some work) And WiP Page
IT Warriors of Cain Unholy Chosen The Chosen of the Unholy Imperium of Cane.

gallery_29004_10383_20021.jpg

sockwithaticket

sockwithaticket

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,562 posts
  • Chapter Name: Crimson Tears

All BA and their successors are blood drinkers. All of their sons feel the thirst for it. Cawl even said that he wasn't changing that because that's part of the Emperors design.

Are they? I've only seen it specifically mentioned for (unsurprisingly) the Blood Drinkers. Most of references to what the likes of the Flesh Tearers, Flesh Eaters and Knights of Blood get/got up to are rather vague or oblique like 'blood rituals'; from which you might infer blood drinking, but I've always assumed it was hinting that they do other things that would be considered more depraved than simply drinking blood.

Certainly I've never read anything to suggest the angels triumverate (Encarmine, Sanguine, Vermillion) indulge in blood drinking, perhaps largely because they barely have any fluff outside their codex snippets. Admittedly I haven't read all of the Black Library BA novels and most of my info comes from Codices, lexicanum or 40kwiki.

Always interpreted the red thirst as a metaphorical description of a craving for hand to hand fighting and bloody violence rather than a literal bloodlust.

My Crimson Tears and occasionally Inquisition/Deathwatch WIP thread (most recent page):
http://www.bolterand...updated/page-28

Deathwatch Hall of Honour thread:
http://www.bolterand...maccrage/page-4
My non-40k stuff (mainly Malifaux and Fantasy solo figures):
http://www.dakkadakk...ist/610818.page

Arkangilos

Arkangilos

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,966 posts
Read Dante by Guy Haley. Plus since at least second editions they've been called Vampires. Plus Mephiston used to have a rule where he had to stay and drink blood. That's what the red thirst is.
  • Sun Reaver likes this

IA Sanguinary Crusaders The Crusaders of Blood (Revised, still under some work) And WiP Page

roodie

roodie

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 31 posts
  • Chapter Name: Flesh Tearers

The Sanguinary priests' symbol (and tool of the trade) is literally a chalice full of blood :-D

Arkangilos

Arkangilos

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,966 posts
Back in the day, Mephiston fell to the Red Thirst in its entirety, rather than the Black Rage. It was him as the Red Thirst survivor, and Lemartes as the Black Rage survivor.

There are also examples from Blood Quest, the HH novel about Signus, Dante, and even the Deus Encarmine series.

Dante is the one I would put the most faith in (it's the most recent and closest to codex).

Nova_chron

Nova_chron

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 729 posts
  • Chapter Name: XII Legion
I will be using primaris units in my new FT force representing the remnants of a strikeforce that fought on Baal during the hive fleet's attack, and the new reinforcements delivered by big blue. My thoughts are Seth can see the salvation of his chapter, and has welcomed them as brothers but is watchful of them so he is serving alongside some to not only act as a example to the chapter to welcome the new brothers but also to present a figure of the chapters authority and hammer home the fact they are flesh tearers now not (insert Ultima founding chapter here)
we_badge_nova_chron.pnggallery_62972_10568_30745.jpg
"Man must truly be insane for he creates gods by the thousands yet cannot create the lowliest of worms" -plato

sockwithaticket

sockwithaticket

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,562 posts
  • Chapter Name: Crimson Tears

Dante is the one I would put the most faith in (it's the most recent and closest to codex).

Cheers, seems I'll have to fall down the Black Library rabbit hole after all.

My Crimson Tears and occasionally Inquisition/Deathwatch WIP thread (most recent page):
http://www.bolterand...updated/page-28

Deathwatch Hall of Honour thread:
http://www.bolterand...maccrage/page-4
My non-40k stuff (mainly Malifaux and Fantasy solo figures):
http://www.dakkadakk...ist/610818.page

Sun Reaver

Sun Reaver

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 312 posts
  • Chapter Name: Sun Reavers

That book is well worth the fall twice over.

• sockwithaticket likes this

'By his Blood I am made.

By his Blood I am armored. 

By his Blood shall I triumph.'

-Catechism of Blood

Ageis

Ageis

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 528 posts
I can see seth challenging a primarus marine to single combat infront of the whole chapter, then proceeding to whoop him up and down the fortress monastery just to prove a point
  • Demoulius and Bjorn Firewalker like this

Flesh Tearers Log

http://www.bolterand...-flesh-tearers/

Flesh_tearers_banner_3_zpsdjhluzmt.jpg    i1aQnlh.jpg?1

Caldersson

Caldersson

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 617 posts
  • Chapter Name: Blood of Fenris

That book is well worth the fall twice over.

i think i have thag book actually. actually that might be the one where i did a paint challenge give away...
Challenges Completed:sml_gallery_69091_12729_6611.jpggallery_4664_11830_1029.jpeg<p> Looking to buy Wulfen or SW Termie shields, send me a PM.

Arkangilos

Arkangilos

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,966 posts
Definitely read it.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users