Flesh Tearers and Primaris reinforcements

Has no one been in an organization that brings in new people?

If they are unaware of your customes and traditions, you teach them. You then do the induction ceremony, which in itself puts them in line.

Don't know about you, but my organisation isn't big on the blood drinking and whatever other depravities have had the Inquisition keeping a particularly beady eye on the Flesh Tearers...

I get your point and for the vast majority of chapters their customs and traditions would be fairly easy to instruct newbies in over time, with some of the BA successors I think it's a bit more complex given the perhaps more objectionable nature of some of the things they get up to that aren't exactly widely known outside of the BA family?

There's also the important distinction to draw between those Primaris G-Man drops off after the whole space bug kerfuffle and new ones actually brought through the regular recruitment process from that chapter's homeworld. I'm talking about the former as (and I may be lagging behind others here) I've not read any fluff that says the timeline is far enough advanced that chapters are bringing through large numbers of their own Primaris rather than the ones siphoned off from the crusade.

All BA and their successors are blood drinkers. All of their sons feel the thirst for it. Cawl even said that he wasn't changing that because that's part of the Emperors design.

Also, the timeline is 112 years after it started, and Guilliman ended in Ultramar, which is on the other side of the galaxy.

All BA and their successors are blood drinkers. All of their sons feel the thirst for it. Cawl even said that he wasn't changing that because that's part of the Emperors design.

Are they? I've only seen it specifically mentioned for (unsurprisingly) the Blood Drinkers. Most of references to what the likes of the Flesh Tearers, Flesh Eaters and Knights of Blood get/got up to are rather vague or oblique like 'blood rituals'; from which you might infer blood drinking, but I've always assumed it was hinting that they do other things that would be considered more depraved than simply drinking blood.

Certainly I've never read anything to suggest the angels triumverate (Encarmine, Sanguine, Vermillion) indulge in blood drinking, perhaps largely because they barely have any fluff outside their codex snippets. Admittedly I haven't read all of the Black Library BA novels and most of my info comes from Codices, lexicanum or 40kwiki.

Always interpreted the red thirst as a metaphorical description of a craving for hand to hand fighting and bloody violence rather than a literal bloodlust.

Back in the day, Mephiston fell to the Red Thirst in its entirety, rather than the Black Rage. It was him as the Red Thirst survivor, and Lemartes as the Black Rage survivor.

There are also examples from Blood Quest, the HH novel about Signus, Dante, and even the Deus Encarmine series.

Dante is the one I would put the most faith in (it's the most recent and closest to codex).

I will be using primaris units in my new FT force representing the remnants of a strikeforce that fought on Baal during the hive fleet's attack, and the new reinforcements delivered by big blue. My thoughts are Seth can see the salvation of his chapter, and has welcomed them as brothers but is watchful of them so he is serving alongside some to not only act as a example to the chapter to welcome the new brothers but also to present a figure of the chapters authority and hammer home the fact they are flesh tearers now not (insert Ultima founding chapter here)

Dante is the one I would put the most faith in (it's the most recent and closest to codex).

Cheers, seems I'll have to fall down the Black Library rabbit hole after all.

That book is well worth the fall twice over.

i think i have thag book actually. actually that might be the one where i did a paint challenge give away...