BA "Chapter Tactics" Speculation

Charlo

Personally I feel that the +1A thing should just be for units that succumb to the Black Rage. I would like to see our Chapter Trait represent something different, speed and control rather than naked aggression.

Concur. So if you took Death Company with bp/chainsword, had +1A from key word 'Black Rage', and The Sanguinor nearby, would that make DC Marines 5 attacks each? Put a Priest nearby, for +1S and wow. Lots of pain. I like it! Hell, throw Lemartes or Astorath around them, haha. Oh, the possibilities.

World Eaters got +1A on the charge, icons all over the place to re-roll charges, fighting multiple times in one fight phase etc

Hopefully, as always, we'll be a nice middle ground between them and Emperor's Children.

Here's to hoping! I'm just playing with whatever I have currently, no modifications, until the book comes.

You are bitter, and it's posts like that that show it. You came in and bitched and whined. If you weren't normally like that with nearly all of your posts I would have thought it was humor, but your history kinda says otherwise.

I took it as a joke. I actually laughed about it. No big deal. And really if any marines player has a right to be bitter, it's a Blood Angels player. I'm feeling a bit salty myself.

Personally I feel that the +1A thing should just be for units that succumb to the Black Rage. I would like to see our Chapter Trait represent something different, speed and control rather than naked aggression.

Concur. So if you took Death Company with bp/chainsword, had +1A from key word 'Black Rage', and The Sanguinor nearby, would that make DC Marines 5 attacks each? Put a Priest nearby, for +1S and wow. Lots of pain. I like it! Hell, throw Lemartes or Astorath around them, haha. Oh, the possibilities.

That would make them exactly as effective as they were in 7th edition, except they didn't need any character buffs to achieve it...

I think Karhedronuk's suggestion would represent the Blood Angels dichotomy nicely. +1A and/or +1S to represent the Rage / Thirst, some bonus to movement / jump pack assault to represent speed and accuracy.

How about "Descent of Angels" being a Stratagem that allows a Jump Pack unit to deploy >6" away from the enemy rather than the usual >9"?How many CPs would that be worth?

Well I think the Raven Guard one only costs 1...

I'd be happy with that, as long as we can do it multiple times like the RG can.

How about "Descent of Angels" being a Stratagem that allows a Jump Pack unit to deploy >6" away from the enemy rather than the usual >9"?

How many CPs would that be worth?

more than 2 and worthless. Most armiws at 2k have around 9ish cps? 30% for 1 stratagem wouldnt pay off for that I dont think.

What are people's thoughts on Defenders of Humanity or whatever it's called? Objective Secured in old money.

Space Marines have it – do Grey Knights and will we??

It will be a huge deal because by default the player with the most models near the objective claims it, but with Defenders you could have 30 Ork Boyz in range and a single Space Marine would still hold it...

Speaking of Angel's Blade. I have this OIF and demi-company. So I'm hoping we get some ObSec, back on topic. I'd love a Stratagem that allowed us to stop overwatch, so we could assault.

The Black Legion having the ability to advance and treat rapid fire as assault weapons is really cool. I'm still wondering how they are going to find that sweet point shock and awe tactic we are so long for.  

Thinking on it, I love the premise of the demi-company, to battle company. I have the ability to make both, (as well as a plethora of other things) and I keep wondering what could make those lists fluffy, *and* strong. Advance and assault, even on humble tactical marines seems like a good start, but having the TDAs, for that shocking deep strike with a stratagem to allow a more than 7" DS would be keen. 

But I keep going back to the Encarmine fury. More than likely we won't get anything as spectacular as the +1 to wound infantry in melee, but if we did, even our tactical marines would be scary!

Stopping Overwatch would be very handy, but I don't see how it fits in with our fluff... In fact, that would fit Raven Guard more (sneaking in shadows), with us able to jump pack assault closer due to aerial mastery.

Stopping Overwatch would be very handy, but I don't see how it fits in with our fluff... In fact, that would fit Raven Guard more (sneaking in shadows), with us able to jump pack assault closer due to aerial mastery.

They just gave a stratagem to the Grey Knights to allow them to shoot or fight after they die. I think the Death Masks would make a terrible efficient way to make us less shootable because they do cause fear. ;)

They already made Blood Angels the jump pack army. I'm hoping we'll see something with regards to jump pack. Maybe jump pack infantry get a bonus on the charge, etc.

I just checked out the space marine codex. It was pretty awesome. Anyway, just doing my nightly check of the boards. Ciao!

They already made Blood Angels the jump pack army. I'm hoping we'll see something with regards to jump pack. Maybe jump pack infantry get a bonus on the charge, etc.

I just checked out the space marine codex. It was pretty awesome. Anyway, just doing my nightly check of the boards. Ciao!

They made Blood Angels so many things. We're also the Terminator army judged by how hard GW tried to convince us that Terminators are good and by how many Terminator based formations we got in 7th. ^^

Not to forget that we are also the Dreadnought army with our 3 unique Dreadnoughts. And the fast tank army with our overcharged engines (RIP). :tongue.:

They made Blood Angels so many things. We're also the Terminator army judged by how hard GW tried to convince us that Terminators are good and by how many Terminator based formations we got in 7th. ^^

Not to forget that we are also the Dreadnought army with our 3 unique Dreadnoughts. And the fast tank army with our overcharged engines (RIP). :tongue.:

While also being codex compliant but they gave us tons of death company formations (:

While also being codex compliant but they gave us tons of death company formations (:

Aren't DC considered dead already and not part of the company structure? Who knows how many DC are in storage on Baal... we still only have ~1000 marines :smile.:

You are bitter, and it's posts like that that show it. You came in and bitched and whined. If you weren't normally like that with nearly all of your posts I would have thought it was humor, but your history kinda says otherwise.

Posts like this are not needed, wanted or appreciated in the BA forum- valid commentary or otherwise. 

Consider this a verbal warning for yourself and other posters here. Next time we see comments like this, it will go on your official record - same goes for any posters here. 

Like the majority of BA players here, i'm also super bleak about how we look at the moment- but we WILL endeavour to keep this forum productive, positive and welcoming - as it has always been! 

osts like this will 

Posts like this are not needed, wanted or appreciated in the BA forum- valid commentary or otherwise.

Consider this a verbal warning for yourself and other posters here. Next time we see comments like this, it will go on your official record - same goes for any posters here.

Like the majority of BA players here, i'm also super bleak about how we look at the moment- but we WILL endeavour to keep this forum productive, positive and welcoming - as it has always been!

osts like this will

It needs to be fair and even. Presumably the people being excessively negative will also get a warning? Otherwise what's the point?

Ark and I don't always get on - in fact many of us don't always get on. However he wasn't really being innacurate, and the negativity is no more conducive to a productive environment for forumgoers.

It gets hard to even read things in a lot of threads these days due to the vitriol and negativity. I've been a member for long time and it's definitely gotten worse recently.

Edited by Blindhamster