BA "Chapter Tactics" Speculation

Charlo

Two things I'd like to see for starters. Purely wish-listing.

Chapter Tactic: +1 to wound in combat. This would be huge. Imagine wounding marines on a 3+ with a chainsword, and GEQ on 2's! With Death company's number of attacks this would be huge!

Strategem: 1CP - Use when a unit enters via deep strike. This unit may be placed more than 7" away rather than 9". Alternatively, allow a unit to charge on 3D6 after deep striking. Eversor assassin style.

I have faith that GW will do Blood Angels Right, at least for now. The wait is killing me though!

Edited by Thrown Pommel

So looking at the Death Guard leaks it's super inspiring. This is exactly how a faction should work:

Fluffy, Powerful, Fun.

While their army isn't fully relaint on it, they too have a lot of buff characters with small auras to overlap and combine to boost somewhat niche parts of the army. Hopefully we can see something similar with us getting similar but our characters becoming a touch more affordable.

It's also made me think anything is possible now. The sheer scope of abilities and powerful guns, strats etc is awesome.

I have most of the blood angels stuff I want until the codex drops. I'm considering starting a second army, but unsure if I want to do orks or death guard. I'm leaning more orks because I don't want another power armor army, but the death guard models and rules look so good (and orks are also an index army).

On topic though, just placed an order for another box of devestators, a sanguinor, a storm raven, and more upgrade packs. Heavily considering getting inceptors, but unsure if I want bolter inceptors or plasma ones.

Edit:whoops, thought I was in the blood angels today thread. My bad, mods, feel free to delete this if you want.

Edited by durdle-durdle

Well I have some real hope that GW will get our codex right. This is based on reading a post regarding the Raven Guard over on Dakkadakka. Basically, a new Raven Guard player was asking for some help and laid out some of the special abilities/stratagems that the Raven Guard get from the codex.

Now, one point before I get to the gist of my post:

I've hard of Raven Guard, somewhere, but to me they were never one of the "iconic" chapters. Now this isn't meant to be a put down, but really they only had (to my knowledge) one model in Shrike, and maybe some shoulder pads. That was the support from GW. Blood Angels has numerous models and special upgrade sprues specifically for Blood Angels. They've got a ton of support.

The Raven Guard special abilities as posted where the following. I'll put it as a spoiler in case they need to be removed.

Here's the breakdown. 

Raven Guard Chapter Tactic - If an enemy targets a unit 12" or more away, they subtract 1 to hit
Raven Guard Stratagem - 1CP - Before first turn begins, deploy an infantry unit anywhere that's 9" away from enemy models
Raven Guard Warlod Trait - Enemies can't shoot Overwatch at your Warlord
Raven Guard Relic - Raven's Fury - Jump Pack - Model can advance and charge in same turn and can re-roll failed charges

Ok, so, with those tactics, statagem, trait and relic we've just given a totally unsupported (via models) chapter it's own entirely separate identity (fluffy too from what I've read) from other chapters. They did this for Raven Guard. A chapter that has never appeared on the front of a boxed game, a chapter that does have some books written and FW support but nothing near the amount of support that the Blood Angels have.

I'm happy for the Raven Guard, and I'm excited that we'll get a similar treatment in our upcoming codex. Anyway just wanted to share the culmination of some ideas I've had rolling around the noggin. My buddy who is also coming back to 8th is considering Raven Guard, and I think he'll be pretty happy with them. At least I'll get a chance to fight them here and there!

There is no correlation between model support and rules support. Raven Guard had good rules in 6th and 7th edition already and the last rules that worked well for BA were from 5th Ed. despite getting new models (TDA, Tacticals, some characters) later.

Edited by Quixus