First R&H Painting Bash Thread - Submit your vows

Kinstryfe

I believe forgeworld makes a 2 pack of Nurgle priests which would work. Conversion wise, zombie parts could def work if you have access, or even more poxwalkers given typical wizard/psyker gear. A mix of bloating and emaciated limbs could embody nurgle well. If I were doing it, I'd find a way to model the Lords with a jester theme, to go with Nurgle's twisted circus aspect, because I love that aspect of the god.

And thanks for the kind words. I wanted my command squad to stand out, and I think I've managed a silhouette that does it.

Excellent Kinstryfe! Those look cool.

Only thing i might suggest is adding a bit more yellow and white layering to the flames to brighten them up a tad.

Im currently doing something similiar, i envision heretics being fond of torches, arson and pointy sticks.

Good eye on the flames. The ink wash really toned them down so they've been rehighlighted.

Next up, some mechanicals. 3 Armoured Sentinels with Missiles and 3 with Plasma Cannons 180+165=345pts

Got a box of electro-whatsis and have been chopping them up to make Malefic Lords. Lemme know what you think! They are probably going to see paint soon, as I want to draft them into the horrific meatgrinder that is the Konor Campaign.

http://i.imgur.com/1kuYY8h.jpg?1

Very nice Azekai. What are those gnarled hands from on the left guy?

I have a few leftover Electro Priests from my Ad Mech project i was thinking of kit bashing into Psyker Coven dudes.

Good to see your converting table is as busy as mine right now!

Finished the vow, so here are the photos:

Enforcers:

PSX 20170729 124406

PSX 20170729 124743

Disciples:

PSX 20170729 125108

PSX 20170729 125044

PSX 20170729 124949

PSX 20170729 124916

PSX 20170729 124846

PSX 20170729 124820

PSX 20170729 124705

PSX 20170729 124630

PSX 20170729 124557

PSX 20170729 124526

PSX 20170729 124451

Too many grenades!  :

PSX 20170729 125017

The whole 2 squads:

PSX 20170729 125551

And the land raider:

PSX 20170720 142848

PSX 20170720 143154

PSX 20170720 142727

PSX 20170720 143238

IMG 20170720 141937662 HDR

I decided the models looked more like disciples than marauders as per my original vow, but it doesn't matter as they are the same points cost and have the same options. I'm assembling a hydra at the moment but I'll paint some marines first, so is there any finishing deadline for the vow? If there is I may not be able to make it.

I also really like the idea of using Electo-priests as rogue psykers, I've been toying with it myself for a while but seeing how well that conversion works will finally inspire me to do it.
Edited by lorgar17

Daaaaaaang. Those are some nicely twisted Heretics. My hat is off to you.

Original plan was to run thru August with vows to give people lots of time, so there's at least a month left if you want to vow some more.

I, lorgar17, vow to supply the Warmaster with a Hydra with heavy flamer/heavy bolter (magnetised), totalling 132 points. May we bring death to the False Emperor!

I actually tried to magnetize it so I could swap between a Hydra and Wyvern, but it went horribly wrong and as a result the autocannons look a little crooked, but it's not too noticeable.

I see zombies, orks, flagellants, ghouls, hybrids- possibly some skitarii(?) and a few of the old mutant sprue bits. They are all blended together so seamlessly! :wub:  That is a nice sallow skin tone, really ties them together. Edited by Azekai

Thanks! The bits were fairly interchangeable with the exception of GSC Neophytes to Crypt Ghouls but i covered those with Grave Guard shoulder pads, Kroot would work too.

The skin i did with Rakarth Flesh, Athonian Camoshade wash, layered with (*EDIT: Karak Stone).

Edited by Akrim

Wow, I really love the conversion work on those mutants! This thread has given me so many great conversion ideas already, and this will have to be added to it. For my mutants I was thinking of using skaven and ghouls with the forge world renegade weapons, but now I might have to get some orks as well.

Ive seen some decent skaven coversions, beastmen work well too. The only word of caution i might advise is the Renegade weapons sprue is of course resin and very thin so a bit vulnerable to damage.

Im a big fan of the GSC Neophyte kit, you get an array of plastic autoguns, shotguns, flamer, GL and a bunch of other stuff. I like the miner suits too.

Im a big fan of the GSC Neophyte kit, you get an array of plastic autoguns, shotguns, flamer, GL and a bunch of other stuff. I like the miner suits too.

Those mutant scum look great! Are all the shotguns from the neophyte kit?

Those mutant scum look great! Are all the shotguns from the neophyte kit?

Thanks! With the exception of the sawed off Kroot guns, yes.

I'm currently stuck on my vow having trouble working up the attention span to paint 3 more sentinels, so I'm working on my list for an escalation league. Since they don't allow FW, I'm stuck going normal AM, so I figured I'll play around with other imperial units. First I'm working on some Death Cult Assassin's. Sorry the photo is so washed out, but does this seem thematically ok for a Khorne Murder Cultist.

http://i.imgur.com/2d2fk3m.jpg

About the red, it doesn't photo well, but the vibrant red parts like the masks are actually red artists ink, almost a candy red sheen. Though now I wonder if I can mix up an ink highlight to hit it with.

About the weapons... Yes. I believe I can dig up something a little more chaotic and less elvish.

Thanks for that advice :)

Hey! Might be a bit late here, but as i am putting together a R&H army anyway, so i see no harm in getting a bit more motivation and a decent place to start with this community.

I, Perigrin, vow to supply the Warmaster with 15 Marauders, 4 with plasma, and 2 with sniper rifles, a Renegade Commander with a Power Sword and Laspistol, 4 Malefic Lords, and a Chaos Lord with Combi Plasma and Power Axe, totaling 373 points. May we bring death to the False Emperor.

Thanks! I am a big fan of converting, which is a large part of the reason i am switching from Genestealer Cult to Lost and the Damned. Finished a few more today, have a big drought until the parts I ordered come in to finish off my marauders. Might do some Disciples.

20170806_221427.jpg

Pistol+BCCW Marauder. Nasty mold line on the head i didn't notice until i took the picture, will be filing.

20170806_221437.jpg

Lasgun Marauder, same problem, those helms have some stark mold lines.

20170806_221415.jpg

Lasgun+BCCW, might run as either a Lasgunner or a Pistol+BCCW, not sure

20170803_213635.jpg

First plasma gunner. All of these need some significant filing on the helmets, but i like how they turned out