Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

First R&H Painting Bash Thread - Submit your vows

Renegades Heretics painting modeling vows

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

Tamika

Tamika

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 118 posts
Washed metals with a bit of dust, hard to tell from the photo. Probably should add some greasy shiny bits to the joints
  • Akrim likes this

DiscipleOfTheWord

DiscipleOfTheWord

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 116 posts
  • Chapter Name: Word Bearers
The test model looks good in my opinion, I don't think it's fake. I have to say I love the forge world ogryns, but they're just so expensive! Doubt I'll ever get one :( . The paint scheme looks great as well.

Cast down the idols! Destroy the temples! Slay the priests! Show these fools that they worship nothing more than a rotting corpse! - Dark Apostle Harzhan, CSM codex 5th edition (and now 8th edition biggrin.png )
My army WIP blog, Harzhan's 9th host and assorted renegades: http://www.bolterand...f-word-bearers/

Syrakul

Syrakul

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 35 posts
Disciples camo

So Ive played at least 3 games with Disciples/Marauders, finally got the painting bug to get colors on.

My Renegades were rewarded after the fall of Cadia with New gear and materiel from the conqured planet, and these Disciples are some of the mortal armies working the closest with The Warmaster himself.

US Marines camo colors were chosen as they perfectly use the desert colors of my rabble, along with my custom green for my SoH.
The spots might be too much but as a test of the color mix im happy. Just need to wash at the appropriate stage and change my brush techniques for the stippling effect.

Edited by Syrakul, 05 October 2017 - 02:55 AM.

• Akrim and Azekai like this

Tamika

Tamika

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 118 posts
Oh I love those! Really nice colour scheme.

Akrim

Akrim

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 849 posts
Yeah thats pretty sweet Syrakul, i like it.

What is the rifle mag from?

Edited by Akrim, 04 October 2017 - 06:38 PM.

Syrakul

Syrakul

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 35 posts

Thanks! Its just plasticard. Here are some other mixed conversions, some just cultist autoguns, others the chopped lasguns.

Disciples with cadian lasgun modifications
Disciples with cultist autogun conversions

*edit* added some of the gallery examples

P.S. Work on the other 19+ dudes is just block painting for now but they are coming!

Edited by Syrakul, 10 October 2017 - 12:05 PM.

Akrim

Akrim

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 849 posts

Thanks! Its just plasticard. In my gallery you will see ive converted either cultist autoguns, or some moded IG lasguns on the rest of the squads.

Cool gallery, im a sucker for weapon conversions. Sort of a Renegade stormtrooper look to those guys.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Renegades, Heretics, painting, modeling, vows

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users