Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Fellblade. Yay or nay?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Ordo Xenos Inquisitor

Ordo Xenos Inquisitor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 206 posts
  • Chapter Name: Deathwatch

Been thinking of what I want to bring in future 2500-point battles. I just can't take my eyes off the Fellblade, which seems to be quite the beastly tank that would work as both a deterrent for my opponents or as the ultimate heavy fire support that my Deathwatch will need to go where they need to go. 

shandwen

shandwen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,573 posts
  • Chapter Name: Bluud Raveens
It looks very fun, but is also rather out of place in the spec-ops feel of Deathwatch.
It could be claimed that they would be available for defense of a major watch-glass.

Now in Technicolor!

Ordo Xenos Inquisitor

Ordo Xenos Inquisitor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 206 posts
  • Chapter Name: Deathwatch

I know. The reasoning I have for this is rather than a Spec-Ops approach, I'll go for a MGS Peace Walker approach. Where a small unit of soldiers are deployed to the field and the Fellblade acts as the true big guns. :D

• shandwen likes this

sockwithaticket

sockwithaticket

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,791 posts
  • Chapter Name: Crimson Tears

It feels like the sort of thing someone they're fighting alongside might have rather than something from the Deathwatch motor pool, but then whole armies of Deathwatch doesn't exactly fit, so it's really up to you.

Crimson Tears, Deathwatch and Inquisition WIP thread (most recent page):
http://www.bolterand...updated/page-28

Deathwatch Hall of Honour thread:
http://www.bolterand...maccrage/page-4

gallery_62972_10568_12006.jpg

Vel'Cona

Vel'Cona

++ DUCTOR EXSANGUIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,623 posts
  • Chapter Name: Cadian 317th

Dirty, but effective.  Definitely begs the question why IG exist, though a DW force with a Fellblade makes as much sense as a Sisters of Battle force with a Thunderhawk, IMHO.

Losing 'hope' after 10k years just because of a big warp storm? Doesn't sound like my Blood Angels.

Never had hope to begin with; they had duty, and that was enough.

ETL_2015_Banner_02_Custos_Fidei_02.jpgETL_2016_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei01.jpggallery_48988_10069_10495.pngETL_Medal_02.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users