Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Bike Transport Case or Cases

I NEED HELP

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Brother Eleysium

Brother Eleysium

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,169 posts
  • Chapter Name: Dark Hunters & Word Bearers

I recently started playing Dark Hunters which is a White Scars Successor. I have 2 complete squads of bikes, and have only played a few games with them. But, every time I have transported them in my Medium sized GW plastic case, that has always worked exceptionally with other armies and even minis from other games in the past, I have had broken models. Chainswords on bikers, a power sword on my Sergeant, even my heavily modded and kit bashed Librarian's Sword was bent horribly. And the worst part is that thy are not breaking on the attached seems, but literally breaking the plastic and causing awful scarring and break lines on the painted surfaces... wallbash.gif

I have tried to lay them on there sides, rearrange where they are at inside the case, and unfortunately there just seems to be too many pressure points... Can you guys please suggest a better carrying case, tray or packaging system?

I need your help brothers!

We are no more or less an instrument of the emperor than the Bolters and Chainswords we wield Brothers.

CardinalVirtue

CardinalVirtue

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 782 posts
  • Chapter Name: The Raven Order
I've heard good things about magnetic cases. http://www.army-case.com Was the first thing for them that came up on google, but there's more out there and I've heard of people making their own too.
  • Brother Eleysium likes this

NiceGuyAdi

NiceGuyAdi

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 281 posts
  • Chapter Name: Raven Guard
If you're in Europe Feldherr are worth a look. They've got lots of depths of foam, with pre-cut and pick 'n'' pluck so they'd for sure have something.

HHotH_NiceGuyAdi.jpg?raw=1 ETL_2016_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei01.jpg gallery_6494_6331_8260.png

16 Years Lost in the Eye of Terror - my Raven Guard WIP

Tyberos the Red Wake

Tyberos the Red Wake

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,570 posts
  • Chapter Name: Carcharodon Astra

Assuming your bikers don't have their arms sticking out to the side (like they're going to slice someone in half as they drive by), you can fit them very safely in medium depth trays that use long rectangles. Typically the foam trays they sell for Terminators, Assault Marines, etc, will be able to fit Bikes.

"Grey-clad, they came from the outer night to aid the Imperium, and their jagged maw did swallow the stars, and their black gaze did mirror the void of oblivion."

- The Canticle of Cassandria Lev - Vol.CVI [Circa M37]

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: I NEED HELP

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users