Need help Dealing with 3+ Knights

oldmanlee

If you're open to using forgeworld theres some effective options, the Xiphon being one of the most point efficient one.

In my experience of using a trio of them against 4 knights I'd crippled all of them by the end of turn 2, the return fire was negligible due to the -1 to hit and being T7.

Basically S8+ weapons will serve you well.

I use the Turbo Laser Destructor, I also didn't magnetize it so I now have no choice.

It's certainly better against tanks and heavies, the extra range is priceless, the -4AP and 2D6 damage is great, the possible extra mortal wounds is a bonus. You just have to save a command point to make sure at least one gets through.

Against lighter targets the Cannon can do better work, but my meta has lots of big things with 2+ saves though so it's TLD all the time to negate that. The maths will convince me to try out the Cannon as it's only a few points of damage average behind the TLD.

Congrats on taking the massive leap into Birdland, I hope the new one is better than the old with regard to construction etc.

Yea. You don't need to kill 3 knights in one turn but you need to cripple (half wounds) at least 1-2. Then they hit in 4s, 5s with darkshroud.

Totally agree with this; you are better to maim them all first, then go back and finish them if and when you can.

Edited by Interrogator Stobz

i can't wait to assemble the new one, and if people are interested in how it goes, of course will be on the channel.  I'm gonna magnetize but plan on running the cannon.  It's a bit more all-round and as something that takes up almost half the army, it should be a bit more well-rounded lol.

I think 3-4 knight armies will definitely be a thing in the competitive meta.  They can really spoil a lot of armies that don't plan for them (either accidentally or intentionally).  I don't think they will win any big tournaments, but in smaller RTTs and at that gatekeeper mid-tier level where people will either toast them, or be toasted.