Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

2k Craftworlds - Stretchgoal

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Marshal Wolfhart

Marshal Wolfhart

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 301 posts
  • Chapter Name: Black Templars

Hey there, thought i'd share what i'm currently working towards, also looking for opinions so i don't make (more) suboptimal buys. Got two games of 8th myself so far with Eldar, but watched a ton of Batreps and games at the local store while painting msn-wink.gif so i think i got a grasp of what awaits...

Here goes:

Battalion Detachment: Craftworlds

HQ:

Farseer  - 120

- Singing Spear

Autarch Skyrunner *  - 121

- Mandiblasters, Laser Lance, Shuriken pistol

Warlock - 37

Troops:

Dire Avengers (10) - 167

- Exarch: Diresword

Guardian Defenders (10) - 110

- Platform: AML

Guardian Defenders (10) - 110

- Platform: AML

Elites:

Wraithguard * (5) - 225

- D-Scythes

Fast Attack:

Shining Spears * (5) - 218

- Exarch: Starlance

Heavy Support:

Dark Reapers (5) - 187

- Exarch: Tempest Launcher

War Walkers (2) - 222

- 4 AML

Wraithlord - 155

- 2 Flamers, Ghostglaive, 2 Shurikencannons

Transports:

Wave Serpent - 163

- Shurikencannon, Twin Shurikencannons, Vectored Engines, Spirit Stones

Wave Serpent - 163

- Shurikencannon, Twin Shurikencannons, Vectored Engines, Spirit Stones

That's 1998 total. Units marked with * are not yet in my collection (or in fewer numbers, for the shining spears. Old metal chunks biggrin.png ).

Other units i got boxed: 6 Striking Scorpions, 5 Swooping Hawks, 2 Warlocks, 1 Farseer, 5 Dire Avengers, 3 Vaul's Wrath Batteries.

I can live with switching to Ynnari for SfD, but would stick to Craftworlds for most friendly games, and i really don't want to dip into Harlequins or Dark Eldar at this point. Might get the triumvirate down the line though.

My thought is to have a rather static lump with the Heavy Support choices, the Guardians and the Warlock. Meanwhile the Spears + Autarch and the Serpents with Avengers, Farseer and Wraithguard move up to take objectives and/or eliminate priority threats.

I know some of these choices are suboptimal (poor DAs) and that is okay with most of my opponents. Sometimes, there are these kinds of people at the FLGS though and i don't want to be entirely in the fluffy bunny corner tongue.png So tell me ehat you think, can this be made to work? What could be substituted to give the cheesemongers a run for their money in a pinch? My first idea is to trim heavy weapon chices to squeeze in the Hawks... And did i even account for the points properly? ohmy.png Looking forward to some feedback!

Edited by Marshal Wolfhart, 17 July 2017 - 10:22 PM.

No Pity.

No Remorse.

No Fear.

Spoiler

BOOyh8Z.png

Marshal Wolfhart

Marshal Wolfhart

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 301 posts
  • Chapter Name: Black Templars

Updated my wishlist to the codex smile.png

All forces use the Ulthwe trait, though i might experiment in that regard. 1999 points total.

Supreme Command Detachment: 170

HQ:

Farseer 100

- Fortune, Mind War

Warlock 35

- Embolden/ Horrify

Warlock 35

- Quicken/ Restrain

Battalion Detachment: 1050

HQ:

Farseer 105

- Guide, Doom, Singing Spear

Warlock 35

- Protect/ Jinx

Troops:

Dire Avengers (10) 120

- Dire Avenger Exarch: Avenger Catapult

Dire Avengers (10) 120

- Dire Avenger Exarch: Avenger Catapult

Guardian Defenders (20) 160

Fast Attack:

Shining Spears (5) 157

- Shining Spear Exarch: Stralance

Swooping Hawks (5) 65

- Swooping Hawk Exarch

Dedicated Transports:

Wave Serpent 144

- Shuriken Cannon, Twin Shuriken Cannon, Vectored Engines

Wave Serpent 144

- Shuriken Cannon, Twin Shuriken Cannon, Vectored Engines

Spearhead Detachment: 779

HQ:

Autarch with Warp Jump Generator 101

- Mandiblasters, Reaper Launcher

Heavy Support:

Dark Reapers (5) 140

- Dark Reaper Exarch: Tempest Launcher

Support Weapons (3) 225

- 3 D-Cannons

War Walkers (2) 180

- 4 Brightlances

Wraithlord 133

- Ghostglaive, 2 Shuriken Cannons, 2 Shuriken Catapults

Plan is to have a firebase with the Autarch and Conceal-Warlock buffing Dark Reapers, Platforms and Warwalkers, Wraithlord to deter cc units and deepstrikers. Shining Spears can hang around cover or go for a juicy turn 1 charge with quicken, Guardians will lurk in the webway to strike when opportune and the Dire Avengers ride up in the Serpents, supported by the remaining psykers (though i might leave one farseer behind to buff the War Walkers, we'll see...). I'm really keen to try and murder characters with mindwar, embolden and the swooping Hawk buff, while unreliable i find it hillarious (and can't afford a Hemlock yet tongue.png )

Should the argument come up about the Index Autarch I'll remove him for an Autarch Skyrunner with the spears and drop the Singing Spear on my Farseer.

I would also love to fit in a unit of Striking Scorpions, but i can't come up with a solution to snuggly get to 2k points with what i have available. I'd be gateful for any hints in that regard :thumbs up:

Edited by Marshal Wolfhart, 09 November 2017 - 01:39 PM.

No Pity.

No Remorse.

No Fear.

Spoiler

BOOyh8Z.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users