Ra's Primaris Lamenters (Update 20/10/2017)

Hey everyone,

I've been putting off getting Dark Imperium for the last month or so, in order to finish getting my long neglected Tyranids back in action for 8th, but now thats done (Well, lots of Gaunts still to do) for now, I'm getting started on some nice new Primaris Marines.

I've gone for one of those chapters that are either wiped out or were nearly so by the time the timeline has reached now; the ever not so lucky Lamenters. I've had a lot of fun painting yellow on my tyranids and blood bowl humans, so I figured I'd do a yellow scheme for these, but wanted something different from Fists. The Lamenters have a very interesting history and this pretty much convinced me to give them a go. Also their chapter symbol is fun to paint.

Anyway, here is the first Intercessor I've painted for them:

gallery_96917_12997_6355.jpg

gallery_96917_12997_20764.jpg

gallery_96917_12997_30134.jpg

I'm gonna start getting the Dark Imperium models done for them first, then we'll see what shiny new stuff GW brings out for these guys.

Anyways Enjoy.

Ra

Edited by RaEndymion

Great start to this project... but if that kind of freehand is fun to you, then we have very different definitions of it! ;)

It's not really that difficult once you done it a few times, and it's satisfying when it works.

Well, it looks great, but is well beyond my skills!

So would the primaris still be ill-fated like the rest of the chapter?

Maybe now that they're starting fresh they can avoid it. Or it'll be business as usual.

You know it's going to be business as usual. If not they are just another yellow fleet based chapter with nothing particularly special about them..... *cough* fists *cough*

Cheers

LM

• 2 weeks later...

Here is my first finished Hellblaster squad. Took me longer than i would have liked to finish these guys, but real life finds a way to stop you.

gallery_96917_12997_77409.jpg

gallery_96917_12997_348693.png

gallery_96917_12997_289903.jpg

I've got a couple characters to do next. Anyways enjoy, while i go build me some new Dreadnoughts.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Wow, what a great army! I really like the conversion for Malakim Phoros, it’s simple but really characterful. The Repulsor is incredibly clean as well, that checking is inspirational. What’s next on the work bench?

Wow, what a great army! I really like the conversion for Malakim Phoros, it’s simple but really characterful. The Repulsor is incredibly clean as well, that checking is inspirational. What’s next on the work bench?

Thanks for that. I'm midway through a leviathan dreadnought right now. And after that some more hellblasters.

WOW! and WOAH!

this army is really looking great, i went wow when i scrolled down to the repulsor!, then brother Chyron got a Woah! 

may i ask what recess wash are you using?... is it seraphim sepia?

cheers, Mithril

I do have to say that the checkerboards aren't helping your vehicles resemblance to taxicabs...

True. But they can't be lamenters without them. It's a good thing we have black cabs in the UK :)

WOW! and WOAH!

this army is really looking great, i went wow when i scrolled down to the repulsor!, then brother Chyron got a Woah!

may i ask what recess wash are you using?... is it seraphim sepia?

cheers, Mithril

Thanks for that. I uses Reikland fleshshade for the recesses. Edited by RaEndymion