Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Tactics for Units: The Canoness

tactica Adepta Sororitas 8th Edition

42 replies to this topic

Montford

Montford

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 726 posts
  • Faction: Sisters of Battle/Red Templars

Montford - that figure is a Canoness; she's the original 2nd Edition Canoness! I use her as my Celestian Superior though.

Cool! She is indeed very detailed.

So what do you think of a Canoness with a combi-flamer and a power axe?  Comes to be a 61 point HQ and I can see sending her forward with Dominions, especially melta or stormbolter Dominions.

Edited by Montford981, 24 July 2017 - 10:32 PM.

Peace may cost less than war, or infinitely more, for war cannot cost more than one's own life.

-Klingon proverb

Gen.Steiner

Gen.Steiner

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 975 posts
  • Faction: Righteous Fists

Combi-flamers are wonderful weapons. Power axes I have less experience with but are pretty decent melee weapons if you don't want an Eviscerator (heretic). Using such a Canoness aggressively would probably pay off nicely, especially pairing that re-roll aura with Dominions.

• Montford likes this

KiwiBen

KiwiBen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 158 posts
  • Faction: Order of the Gilded Chalice

Montford - that figure is a Canoness; she's the original 2nd Edition Canoness! I use her as my Celestian Superior though.

Cool! She is indeed very detailed.

So what do you think of a Canoness with a combi-flamer and a power axe?  Comes to be a 61 point HQ and I can see sending her forward with Dominions, especially melta or stormbolter Dominions.

Combi-flamers are wonderful weapons. Power axes I have less experience with but are pretty decent melee weapons if you don't want an Eviscerator (heretic). Using such a Canoness aggressively would probably pay off nicely, especially pairing that re-roll aura with Dominions.

I'm trying to find a decent way to pair her with Dominions too... Although as soon as she hops in their transport, they lose their scout move (or whatever it is called now)...  It's a shame that Canonesses and Imagifiers etc are all so slow.  Hopefully the new codex (which as we all know, will be released later this year, presumably with plastic sisters and a plastic repressor  biggrin.png ) will include some way for AoF to allow characters nearby to units to piggyback on the unit's AoF (or vice versa).  

KiwiBen's Adepta Sororitas - The Order of the Gilded Chalice

KiwiBens Grey Knights

Gen.Steiner

Gen.Steiner

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 975 posts

Have a Dominion unit that isn't set up to appear in the opponent's deployment zone and which is instead either a counter-assault unit (fall back with a charged unit, flame with the dominions, assault with the Canoness and her friends the Celestians)?

• Montford likes this

Montford

Montford

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 726 posts

I have done something similar to that. I call it my QRF (Quick Reaction Force) and it works well to counter deep strikes (drop pods, etc). I have been using a Canoness with a Power Maul and Inferno Pistol in an Immolator with a Troop squad of 5 Sisters which has a melta gun and a Heavy Flamer. It stays in my deployment zone and warmly welcomes impertinent visitors who come in from orbit.

• Lord Lorne Walkier likes this

Peace may cost less than war, or infinitely more, for war cannot cost more than one's own life.

-Klingon proverb

Gen.Steiner

Gen.Steiner

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 975 posts

Ooh, that's scarily similar to mine!

I run my Canoness with an eviscerator and inferno pistol, and stick her with five Celestians (for the extra attacks) in an Immolator. The Celestians pack a plasma pistol, multi-melta and flamer.

dracpanzer

dracpanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 569 posts
  • Faction: Sisters of Battle Crusade Army
Canoness in a transport with Celestian Squad (extra attacks and bodyguard) paired with an Imagifer/Priest in a Repressor set to deploy behind the Dominion rush and advance up behind them so as to deploy in later turns after your Murder Hobo has wrecked some face. Usually takes my opponent until late in the second turn to dismount any real amount of my Dominions. Canoness would be well placed to start helping at the start of turn three.
gallery_53617_12047_5932.png

gallery_53617_12047_29898.jpg

Gen.Steiner

Gen.Steiner

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 975 posts

I keep forgetting that the Canoness allows re-rolls of 1s to hit.

This was critical last night when I fluffed with the Eviscerator and didn't re-roll any of the 1s.

GNARRRGH.

I'm still getting used to all these auras and re-rolls and stuff. rolleyesclean.gif

Bukimimaru

Bukimimaru

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,119 posts
  • Faction: The Redeemers

As appealing as a Combi-plasma and Plasma pistol sound now... its not in the Holy Trinity so I just can't do it...>_<

ETL_2015_Banner_02_Custos_Fidei_01.jpg

CrusherJoe

CrusherJoe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 282 posts
  • Faction: Order of the Black Iris
I've been trying to crack the code with the Canoness for a while now and can't quite seem to settle on a solution.

I've tried combi-melta/power maul with melta/combi-melta BSS in a Repressor as an alternative to melta Doms but needing to be out of the metal box for the reroll really hurts. Melta girls really need that Vanguard move to alpha strike so...meh.

I'm thinking of maybe some HB Rets parked in cover with SB Canoness and Imagifier for something resembling long range shooting...but I have my doubts.

Sisters tend to evaporate in CC so...yeah. I'm kinda stuck.
QUOTE (Lagrath @ Jul 22 2008, 06:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Chaos players complaining about goodies in the vanilla codex is hilarious to watch. It's like Bill Gates complaining that the blue-collar worker down the street won 500 dollars in the lottery.

"I am not alone," said Celestine. "And your hour is done."

Gen.Steiner

Gen.Steiner

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 975 posts

I run mine with a bodyguard of 5 Celestians and near another unit of 10 Celestians. They are a remarkable combat unit, actually. Lots of flamers for roasting heretics and witches either before charging or when charged, re-rolls of 1 to hit in combat and shooting, and a wound-sink for the Canoness if needed.

It's more powerful than it sounds. So far they have killed everything from Sanguinary Guard to Genestealer cult armoured vehicle things.

• grimsanity likes this

Beams

Beams

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,674 posts
  • Faction: Order of Our Martyred Lady
I actually find us really decent at cc. You just have to make sure you are the one charging, or that you can pile in to combat so they aren't always going first.
  • Gen.Steiner likes this

Gen.Steiner

Gen.Steiner

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 975 posts

And you need numbers, really.

Montford

Montford

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 726 posts

15 woman Troops squads help with that :)

-Klingon proverb

Drider

Drider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 565 posts

About 15 BSS with a priest, canoness with eviserator and imagifier does some work in combat, sure they'll just get mulched by proper CC units but it's a fairly decent combo as a speed bump.

Gen.Steiner

Gen.Steiner

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 975 posts

Can do a fair bit more than speed bump, too, if you do it right. :D

Drider

Drider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 565 posts

True. but if you wanted to keep the canoness alive and were afraid of her getting targeted, then you'd probably be better to do the same thing except with celestians for the bodyguard.

• Gen.Steiner likes this

Lord Lorne Walkier

Lord Lorne Walkier

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,407 posts
  • Faction: Enlightened Sons

I have done something similar to that. I call it my QRF (Quick Reaction Force) and it works well to counter deep strikes (drop pods, etc). I have been using a Canoness with a Power Maul and Inferno Pistol in an Immolator with a Troop squad of 5 Sisters which has a melta gun and a Heavy Flamer. It stays in my deployment zone and warmly welcomes impertinent visitors who come in from orbit.

This is also my battle plan with my Sister's with a bit more agression. Swap out the Inferno pistol for a Combi flamer and add a Muti Melta to the Immolator and it is my current group.
  • Montford likes this

"Death comes in many forms, but i would count aerial bombardment amongst the most satisfyingly efficient."

gallery_70393_10089_14705.png

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tactica, Adepta Sororitas, 8th Edition

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users