need some help on deciding on a chapter scheme

Dusktiger

So i know that i'm going to be getting some Primaris models at the end of the month, and i'm having some trouble deciding how i want to paint them up.

I'm thinking i might take the opportunity to paint them a new paint scheme from anything else i own, but i've hit a snag on deciding what that should be.  I do know however, that i don't want them to be Black, Blue, or White because i want my planned purchases of the Chaplain, Librarian, and Apothecary down the line to stick out more.

I'd also thinking i'd like to try and pick a chapter that uses a different color scheme to my existing armies.  which means steering away form Red Scorpions, Raven Guard, Deathwatch, Grey Knights, my on-hold salamanders (waiting on codex before they get further), or my red Eldar (Ynnari).

so that leaves me with Orange, Yellow, Purple, Gold.  Though with very little built of the Salamanders, i could just make these guys that chapter.

I'm also playing with the idea of maybe going Minotaurs and doing them all gold.  gold with reds and black accent colors might look good on the table, and nobody here has done that yet.  and out of the people i play, there's already a yellow iyanden, and a purple primaris army to date.

what do you guys think?  should i go with the gold minotaurs idea?  or go with Salamanders?  maybe something different (with a blurb of why)?

i'm also planning to wait and see what the new chapter tactics they're teasing this week are to help decide on this.

Pick a chapter... and paint a unit of camouflaged marines :)

That way, when you fancy a change of paint scheme, you just revert to the standard chapter colours. The camouflaged marines just haven't had time to repaint since they returned from that little crusade a few days ago :)