Chapter Focus: White Scars

Winds Of Fury

Shouldn't it be "...can move an additional 2" in addition..."?

RAW this would always move you a minimum of 2" when advancing, no?

I'm pretty sure they'll clear this up as intended... but on the other hand it would be quite funny to have the Scars always tumble forward a set distance minimum because they're so eager to get into combat :D

Very cool as well. Doesn't seem as strong as the RG one, but only because Bikes can't jump over other units to fully utilize the ability to charge after falling back. ^^

Nothing stopping whitescars players from using assault marines, vanguard veterans etc.

They will be amazing at hopping over screens.

They can shoot & charge too!

It's our little secret how easy this was. So GW don't change it, okey?

IFChapterFocusBanner.jpg

IHChapterFocusBanner.jpg

Guess I know who we'll be seeing next

Very cool as well. Doesn't seem as strong as the RG one, but only because Bikes can't jump over other units to fully utilize the ability to charge after falling back. ^^

Nothing stopping whitescars players from using assault marines, vanguard veterans etc.

They will be amazing at hopping over screens.

They can shoot & charge too!

Yeah my bad. Somehow thought it's just for bikes lol. Very strong as well.

It's our little secret how easy this was. So GW don't change it, okey?

IFChapterFocusBanner.jpg

IHChapterFocusBanner.jpg

Guess I know who we'll be seeing next

3/4 IF pictures up. Banner, Image 1 &2, no tactics. Only banner for IH. I'm guessing Imperial Fists tomorrow.

Edited by Winds Of Fury

Looks incredible at a glance, but Hit&Run is not the powerhouse it once was, why? Voluntary Falling Back is now a thing.

WS tactics still require them to get into combat (not too hard with the speed) BUT more importantly, for the opponent not to just fall back from them - so it's actually a bit niche in that regard. It can however let you play he bait game VERY well as you can advance, take a charge and then fall back to your pals and go all in. Scout bikes would be nice for this.

Wow.

I have a Scarblade from 7th I was considering selling.

It is almost entirely bikes and loaded with Stormseers.

#mannafromheaven #playinglotterytoday

Edited by Indefragable

Wow.

I have a Scarblade from 7th I was considering selling.

It is almost entirely bikes and loaded with Stormseers.

#mannafromheaven #playinglotterytoday

I really don't think it's that powerful in 8th ed unless you are against a dedicated assault army.

Looks incredible at a glance, but Hit&Run is not the powerhouse it once was, why? Voluntary Falling Back is now a thing.

WS tactics still require them to get into combat (not too hard with the speed) BUT more importantly, for the opponent not to just fall back from them - so it's actually a bit niche in that regard. It can however let you play he bait game VERY well as you can advance, take a charge and then fall back to your pals and go all in. Scout bikes would be nice for this.

yeah it isn't all that niche... every time you get charged, fall back at the start of your turn (in many cases, marines dont get wiped out in CC except against CC monster units), light up enemy units with your armies ranged attacks to flavour and then charge back in if desired to finish things off (or engage a different unit entirely!)