Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Chapter Focus: White Scars

- - - - - White Scars

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 18,868 posts

But you can't shoot unless you can fly when you fall back.

Blindhamster

Blindhamster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,576 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels

nah, but the rest of your army can!

Primaris Blood Angels: Wins 4 Draws 0 Losses 2

Blood Angels 3rd Company Wins 25 Draws 5 Losses 13

Heresy Blood Angels: Wins 4 Draws 0 Losses 2
Blood Angels 4th company: Wins 10 Draws 3 Losses 4

gallery_62972_10568_12006.jpggallery_14877_13354_6399.jpg

Blood Angels Primaris Blog

EnsignJoker

EnsignJoker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 340 posts
I remember when White Scars didn't like dreadnoughts...

Seems GW doesn't lol.

#forgettheoldlore

Sonoftherubric21

Sonoftherubric21

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,572 posts

I remember when White Scars didn't like dreadnoughts...

Seems GW doesn't lol.

#forgettheoldlore

Screw that mess.  NEVER taking a Dreadnought in my Scars.  Horus Heresy books at least they are entirely dread-phobic.  

As for the rules; As I own a white scars army that was a good amount of on foot marines, and 20 some odd bikes, with lots of tanks....fairly pleased. 

But this does mean I have to buy some assault marines/vanguard vets!!!!  To good not to have at least 1-2 units in your army at this point.  

I think our relics also make a storm seer and Khan (warlord trait) quite dangerous....its a very "melee centric" army feel which I am all for. 

RolandTHTG

RolandTHTG

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,455 posts
Remember that having it available to successors means that those that aren't quite as resistant to using dreads, thanks to internal cultural effects, or unknown founding that follow similar doctrine, can use them.

This is one case where the option is included to represent the breadth of chapters that may follow similar warfare doctrine.
  • Sonoftherubric21 and sfPanzer like this

As surely as Water will wet us, as surely as Fire will burn,

The Gods of the Copybook Headings with terror and slaughter return!

There are 4 boxes to use in the defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo. Use in that order. -anon

ETL_Banner_01_Base_Top.jpg

ETL_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei_2012a.jpgETL_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei_2013a.jpgETL_Banner_04_Oath_Breaker_2014.jpgETL_Banner_03_Corner_Blank.jpgETL_Banner_03_Corner_Blank.jpgETL_Banner_03_Corner_Blank.jpgETL_Banner_03_Corner_Blank.jpgETL_Banner_03_Corner_Sword.jpg

6th/7th ed CSM Record 14-7-1 W-L-D

6th/7th ed SM (White Scars ) record 8-2-2 W-L-D

Formerly known as TJWyrm

Sonoftherubric21

Sonoftherubric21

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,572 posts

Remember that having it available to successors means that those that aren't quite as resistant to using dreads, thanks to internal cultural effects, or unknown founding that follow similar doctrine, can use them.

This is one case where the option is included to represent the breadth of chapters that may follow similar warfare doctrine.

That is entirely fair; hadn't actually considered that lol. 

Anyone else getting the urge to buy assault squads?  I am contemplating it. 

Though since my list was a Rhino Rush and they got far better, along with having retreat options perhaps its not needed.  But "fly" with our chapter tactic truly feels intended. Assault squads, and Vanguard of course being top of the list for this mustachio-loving chicanery.  

Use a fast moving large assault squad to engage several opposing units at once. Force either the entire opposing line to retreat OR leave engaged. When it rolls back around to your turn disengage, (fall back) fly over, engage high-value-targets.  Although the irony of "falling back" in this case meaning "pushing deeper into enemy lines" is not lost on me and with scars....is quite fitting. 

• Filius likes this

jimbo1701

jimbo1701

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 974 posts
So, what happened to bikes for all the characters in the leaked codex? Looked to me like chaplains and librarians lost acces.

Check out my  blog for all things space marine: http://indexastartes.blogspot.com/

And my other blog for all other things 40K: http://codex-imperia...blogspot.co.uk/

Sonoftherubric21

Sonoftherubric21

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,572 posts

So, what happened to bikes for all the characters in the leaked codex? Looked to me like chaplains and librarians lost acces.

I also heard a disheartening rumor that Kossarro lost bike access for some pants-on-head retarded reason. (yup....the *master of the hunt* of the white scars lost access to a FREAKIN BIKE! 

If true; I shall be sticking with the Index for Kossaro and Libby and anyone who doesn't like it can kiss my exhaust pipes. (after I run them over with my bikes) 

GalaxyDefender

GalaxyDefender

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2 posts

That is true.

But as per FAQ you can still field Kossarro Khan on his bike, as well as the Chaplains and librarians.

You just need to refer to the Index and use the latest points from the codex.

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13,398 posts
  • Faction: Knights of Baal

I also heard a disheartening rumor that Kossarro lost bike access for some pants-on-head retarded reason. (yup....the *master of the hunt* of the white scars lost access to a FREAKIN BIKE! 

If true; I shall be sticking with the Index for Kossaro and Libby and anyone who doesn't like it can kiss my exhaust pipes. (after I run them over with my bikes) 

It's the curse of Doomrider. You take his head, he takes your bikes! :P

• RolandTHTG and Arkangilos like this

Disclaimer:

If my posts appear rude to you, I apologize. It's not meant to be rude in any way, it's just the way folks are in my country. It's really more about being direct than being rude. I know how it's perceived in the english speaking community and I already try to tone it down but I barely notice when it's too much since it's normal for me.

So yeah, I'm really not rude it's basically just cultural differences that act against me here. Again, I apologize.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: White Scars

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users