Chapter Focus: Salamanders

Wow the Salamander one is surprisingly lame. I feel bad for them now.

Is it though? Aww dang I needed that thunderhammer to connect. Oh wait it has.

And every unit can do it. All of them thar sallies.

Didn't say it's useless, didn't I?

2 free command point re-rolls per unit is really good.

It doesn't change the game like the raven Guard one but other than Utramarine primarch bubbles no one will shot as well as they do.

Huge for weapons like meltas, missile launchers, and lascannons.

It doesn't change the game like the raven Guard one but other than Utramarine primarch bubbles no one will shot as well as they do.

Again, I didn't say it's bad?

Again, I didn't say it's bad?

... you basically did... "...surprisingly lame..." "... feel bad for them..."

It seems really poor at a glance, then you realise any weapon you choose basically becomes infallible whenever you want. In the age of Twin-linked no longer being a re-roll this is pretty cool.

Makes moving and shooting Heavy weapons have much less of a penalty, as you are now more accurate (75%) than when you were stationary (66%) if you use the re-roll on them. Tasty.

It seems really poor at a glance, then you realise any weapon you choose basically becomes infallible whenever you want. In the age of Twin-linked no longer being a re-roll this is pretty cool.

I suppose it could be viewed as four free command points, per unit, per turn - with certain restrictions on their use.

A Character is also a unit if I am not mistaken. Also you can use it in the shooting phase and in the combat phase. That's 4 re-rolls for a character in one turn. I wouldn't call that "lame". And we don't know their warlord ability, relic and strategem.

But look at it like this: when it really counts, you always have a re-roll for to hit and to wound. That melta really needs to melt that face? That overcharged plasma gun rolled a 1?

Even without seeing stratagems, this is a legit tactic. I notice that it doesn't say you have to keep the result of the reroll if worse than original. Is that a core rule or could a Sally player roll like 3 wounds, choose to reroll for more, but if he gets less, they can just keep the original 3? If they can choose to disregard reroll this just got even better.

Even without seeing stratagems, this is a legit tactic. I notice that it doesn't say you have to keep the result of the reroll if worse than original. Is that a core rule or could a Sally player roll like 3 wounds, choose to reroll for more, but if he gets less, they can just keep the original 3? If they can choose to disregard reroll this just got even better.

I'm pretty sure if you re-roll a dice the new result is final and overwrites the previous.

Awesome rule! Every tac squad gets Vulkan's Forgefather buff on their heavy weapon, for free! All the time! Really fits with their artisan equipment doing is job that little bit better.

EDIT: does this apply to dreads as well?

Edited by Andrés Pacheco

I'm pretty sure if you re-roll a dice the new result is final and overwrites the previous.

That is why I said unless it s part of the core rules that a reroll is final result because in the past the specific rule always had the instructions that the reroll had to be kept even if it was higher/lower. Like the old damage tables with regard to a reroll iirc; it always said that you had to keep the result even if worse or something along those lines.

Yea, I just checked the Battle Primer with regard to rerolls, and nothing says that you have to keep the result of the reroll which if we go by the past, the rule itself would have to say that you have to keep the result, even if worse.  That means a Salamander rerolling to wound with a weapon that does multiple wounds can always reroll for more wounds and keep the original if the reroll is worse.