Chapter Focus: Imperial Fists

I wouldn't discount ignore cover on things like Primaris, Centurions and what not, no NO ONE is safe from your firepower.

That guardsmen enjoying a 3+ save from being sat in a ruin for a turn or two? Boom! Your Flakk vest is NOTHING!

The thing is if they went with re-rolls, those would invalidate the Captain's and/or the Primaris Lieutenant's aura(s). Which would be worse, in my opinion.

Denying cover is a tad situational but definitely helps with pesky Scouts and other such units hiding in cover, benefiting from cover bonuses which boost their armour save. Quite nice for long-ranged shooting and artillery, too.

Ignore cover is hard to say because we don't really know who the tables will look after a year in this edition.  It may be great or get little use, but it does promote you to play on tables that have a lot of cover saves to mess with your enemy.  

There is a chance that the warlord trait is something tied to bolters. 

I doubt they'll get a different Chapter Tactic based on the fact they don't have a seperate image with theirs on it.

EDIT: Also, Crimson Fists traditionally share their Chapter Tactic with the Imperial Fists. I don't see that changing now.

Edited by Chaplain Dosjetka

Hmm so I read the Tactics and thought it was one of the strongest in the mix but.... then... 
so the target of the attack has to be in cover for you to get the re-rolls as well? So close to bananas. 

(Becuase if it was just straight up re-roll on wounds clearly one could not complain about that! :P )

Edited by Nurgleprobe

I feel bad for you IF players, you got the worst CT :S

Seriously.  People even use the Building destruction rules? 

Though I'd say the Templar's got a pretty short end too, compared to the Ultras, Ravens, and Scars.  Those three are Ace, the rest all pretty much pale in comparison.

Hmm so I read the Tactics and thought it was one of the strongest in the mix but.... then... 

so the target of the attack has to be in cover for you to get the re-rolls as well? So close to bananas. 

(Becuase if it was just straight up re-roll on wounds clearly one could not complain about that! :tongue.: )

No, it's a straight re-roll against units with the "Building" keyword.

What Ravens got is an absurd gamechanger. Templars got to save CPs on the charges we WILL attempt anyway.

But this, this is GOOD. I don't know, maybe you guys play on plat frying pan tables, but all those save modifiers from cover? Buh-bye!

It is a mediocre CT, neither great nor awful. It has its uses and denying cover is always good, especially in games with loads of terrain. But the second half is absurdly situational. It is rare to see fortifications being brought to the field. I will wait to see their strategem and warlord trait before going any further; suffice it is to say that the Raven Guard, so far, are the clear winners with Ultras in second.

As a defensive chapter ... and since UM and WS and RG got 2 rules ... what if the second rule for IF was +1 when in cover?

That would be HURRENDOUSLY broken.

Imperial Fists in ruins with +3 to thier save.

So a 2+ that would take minimum -3AP to take them back to a 3+ :|

As a defensive chapter ... and since UM and WS and RG got 2 rules ... what if the second rule for IF was +1 when in cover?

That would be HURRENDOUSLY broken.

Imperial Fists in ruins with +3 to thier save.

So a 2+ that would take minimum -3AP to take them back to a 3+ :|

What about a -1 to hit when IN cover? Would show that Fists USE cover better than others rather than the cover itself being better.

Yeah I'm not super pleased with our traits, the no cover save is pretty good and shows that we know how cover and siege warfare works, but the building thing is too situational and almost the opposite of what I would like. IMO we should get a bonus for using fortifications, I'd have loved for "buildings you control get chapter imperial fists" or something. The builders of walls should be able to fix walls haha.

This is what we get with going around quoting that walls fail fists do not, now we get a tactic that shows that, as fists get to reroll against walls, yeah now we can go punching things. So the rail question is, if we get to reroll against buildings does that mean we can attack the building to remove obstacles that get in our way.

So yeah not happy with it, the ignore cover is nice but the other half of our tactic is crap. On a note for the Crimson fists, and well technically other fist players, it doesn't say we have to field that tactic. I am sure if we field a special character then all marines with the chapter tactic keywords would have to use the same tactic, but the article on the community sight showcased the black dragons a well known salamander successor but state that using the Templar tactic it showcase their aggressive assault nature better.

That being said, in friendly games it looks like I might be using a different tactic for my fists, but if I go tournament or use a special character looks like I will have to use our crappy one.