Chapter Focus: Imperial Fists

It's really disappointing isn't it, tried it at the weekend on a tactical squad with Heavy Bolter ad got... 2 extra hits! Then on a Bolter aggressor squad (who are great by the way) and got.... 2 extra hits! Yay.

I'll second the Chapter tactic being great though, what a difference that makes! I play on a table with plenty of terrain (which really does improve the game) and ignoring cover made a massive difference to my Marines. Hopefully Bolter Drill is improved in a FAQ or similar since GW seem to be taking feedback seriously.

Edit: I'll tell you what I'd enjoy, swapping the Chapter tactic and Strategem. Having Bolter Drill active at all times as the Chapter Tactic wouldn't be too powerful I don't think, then paying a CP for a unit to ignore cover in the shooting phase.

Edited by NatBrannigan

Even if Bolter drill was active on everything at all times? That would be fairly strong I think, for a bolter filled Fists army at any rate. Having said that the current Chapter Tactic is great so I'm not complaining!

A 1 in 6 chance to get another shot, or Ap -1 to anything in cover... a 5 man squad with or without a special weapon doesn't have good odds to trigger it, a 10 man squad should get 1 extra hit, 3 if it rapid fires... just not worth it. If it was on 5+ than maybe, but still I like ignoring cover better.

Bolter Drill seems like a perfect match for a unit of 6 Primaris Inceptors with Assault Bolters.

Drop them in where needed and unleash a lot of firepower. As each model has 6 shots, each model should generate an extra shot. My maths might be off, but that is roughly 28 hits. Not too shabby at strength 5, -1AP, and ignoring cover.