Chapter Focus - Iron Hands

Oxydo

Hm, IHs are the only Astartes sub-faction without a named character now; I wonder if they'll be seeing one in the near future to at least put them on par with the White Scars or Salamanders?

Ahhhh hahahahaha!  There's not a single Primaris in any of the pictures posted in those links.

Probably because most of the images from the spotlights are just the same photos you had in the last Marines codex :tongue.:

I think the IH are going to be one of the Chapters who distrust the Primaris... We've not even seen a successor for them.

It's not bad, what I was mostly expecting though my first thought is how Venerable Dreads don't benefit :tongue.: Would have been nice to get something more than a single rule as others have got, help represent more than just the durability? I'm hoping I roll lots of 6s to foil these pesky psykers and their Smite :laugh.:

I quite like this, definitely something I'd be happy to use. I'm a little confused by 8th edition - are we likely to see anything other IH specifc rules, or is this it? 

Hello again 3rd Edition bionics.

That was my exact thought on reading it. Kind of makes you feel all nostagic, doesn't it? All I need now is the 3rd edition IA:3 Iron Father rules...

There should also be Chapter specific stratagems and relics, I wonder if any of them might boost the 6+ to a 5+ in the same (or similar) way fnp could be improved in 7th? Edited by Lysimachus

Ahhhh hahahahaha!  There's not a single Primaris in any of the pictures posted in those links.

well, that is IH are all about flesh is weak, so the idea that they are suppose to take in dudes that are "better" because their flesh got modified would be heresy.

also do we dare to say CP option to upgrade a character to IronFather?

Edited by the jeske

Possibly. Either that or they'll seize the opportunity to drop an Iron Hands character alongside the codex.

I can't quite see our Warlord trait being as effective as the other chapters if they don't.

Probably because most of the images from the spotlights are just the same photos you had in the last Marines codex :tongue.:

I think the IH are going to be one of the Chapters who distrust the Primaris... We've not even seen a successor for them.

Yeah and unlike Space Wolves they aren't exactly as badly in need to replenish their ranks. :D

It's not bad, what I was mostly expecting though my first thought is how Venerable Dreads don't benefit :tongue.: Would have been nice to get something more than a single rule as others have got, help represent more than just the durability? I'm hoping I roll lots of 6s to foil these pesky psykers and their Smite :laugh.:

I'm honestly not so sure about that. The rules have the same effect but they aren't the same rule. Nothing so far says that you can't roll two d6 after eachother to try and prevent the wound.

It's actually one of the things that T'au player have been asking GW to clarify since T'au can get such an effect from multiple different sources as well.

Yeah and unlike Space Wolves they aren't exactly as badly in need to replenish their ranks. :biggrin.:

I'm honestly not so sure about that. The rules have the same effect but they aren't the same rule. Nothing so far says that you can't roll two d6 after eachother to try and prevent the wound.

It's actually one of the things that T'au player have been asking GW to clarify since T'au can get such an effect from multiple different sources as well.

My gut reaction is that, while currently RAW it would work, GW will FAQ it pretty sharpishly as they did with the Blood angels Strength bonuses.

also do we dare to say CP option to upgrade a character to IronFather?

Possibly. Either that or they'll seize the opportunity to drop an Iron Hands character alongside the codex.

I seem recall talk in one of the News & Rumor threads about the Chapter Master no-longer being a unit, but an upgrade option for a Captain? Perhaps (assuming the rumour is true) the IH could have the option upgrade a techmarine to have a Chapter Master stat-line, representing an Iron Father? 

and so Iron Hands come to the table with a really good stratagem. Do remember, per stats, it will save 1.66 marines.

My only complaint these days is that mortal wounds were supposed to be 'You take it and like it!' but is very rapidly becoming something a lot of armies have access to answers. Almost like Invunerable saves are more just 'armour caps' and these are the real invunerable saves. 

*GW doesn't even bother to paint a single Primaris Iron Hand*

"It's not neglect! It's, uh.... fluff! Yes! This is all for the story."

I admire you folks' optimism on this point, but let's be real. There's no conflict between Primaris marines and Iron hands. The only reason we haven't seen any is because GW doesn't care.