Primaris Mantis Warriors (and other things...)

Gstealer

That's a fantastic-looking base. :thumbsup: Would you mind sharing the process and paints used, please?

Thanks.   Not a lot into it really.   The terrain bits are Greenstuff/Aves copies. 

The paints are just Agrellan Earth and Badlands painted pretty much as the Dunestrider base shown in the Mechanicus painting guide.  Added a couple more detail washes but thats it

Just found this thread and immediately thought; "yay mantis warriors, my fave DIY chapter! - and they're painted really well too!" Then I saw the Knight and chaos stuff and this thread went from awesome to epic!!

Subbed

Plaguehulk spotted! Well done, awesome. Tha's a project that I think will always remain on the list of things to do 'one day' for me.

The Mantis colour scheme is so nice on the primaris. I like the colour choices your making too to remind of their insect characteristics, for example the red gunner.

That chaos knight is looking brutal.

What say you all for missiles?  Black with red tips or off white with red tips?

As for missile colors, I say black with red tips, so they would blend in better with the gun turrets.

So, I would pick offwhite with red so that the center part of your carapace doesn't fade away. I think it will work with either option, but I think I'd want a balance point of brightness in the middle.

My two yen.

BTW, love your yellow.

Thanks folks.  Been fun working on this.

I decided to go with black and red for a couple of reasons.  On all my other knights, the back of the carapaces are black.  This one really doesn't have the area to do that.  I wanted to tie it in with the other knights and this works for me.

Also, the fluff for Hawkshroud is that they use black areas to show allegiance to the Emperor.  What better way to deliver the Emperor's Will with a black missile, right? (and I hate painting white)

Also finished the face cover thingy
qCcNGHVl.jpg
naAf4ttl.jpg
viWZLXil.jpg

e1AkOlzl.jpg
(its not glued yet)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi there ! 

Really nice work on those knights and I like your mechanicus too ! They look great with the full setting and board :)

The Mantis warriors (victimes :teehee: ) look nice too but hey .. You know .. ^^  

Malchy

Archived