Land raider tactica

Schultzhoffen

At the moment I'm playing around with the idea of two land raiders and a storm raven lead by Guilleman and Tigurius. Three 5 man tactical squads fullfill the troop requirements and an ironclad rides in the 'raven,

Pitifully small, though and it may struggle in a maelstrom mission.

Other possibilities include: a Land Raider, Stormraven, Tri las predator and twin las razorback combination. Add other ingredients to taste.

I've got a Land Raider I'd like to use but I'm not sure what I want to transport in it. I don't really use Centurions which seem to be the go to unit to be transported by the LR so I am struggling a bit.

At the minute I'm thinking of a 9-man squad of Sternguard with 2 Plasmaguns and a combi-plas on the sergeant and a Captain for the rerolls buff so my guys don't kill themselves.

Do you think this would be a good use of the LR or would these guys be better off in a rhino?

I've got a Land Raider I'd like to use but I'm not sure what I want to transport in it. I don't really use Centurions which seem to be the go to unit to be transported by the LR so I am struggling a bit.

At the minute I'm thinking of a 9-man squad of Sternguard with 2 Plasmaguns and a combi-plas on the sergeant and a Captain for the rerolls buff so my guys don't kill themselves.

Do you think this would be a good use of the LR or would these guys be better off in a rhino?

I mean you could still go with the classic and do assault terminators. I know that is less tempting since they can teleport but a 9" charge is still really hard to pull off

Vanguard aren't too shabby along with a solid character and a couple power weapons.

Would you run them regular or give them jump packs? Just thinking that jump packs would be nice for the huge threat range

If you're taking a Land Raider anyway, don't bother with the Jump Packs.

They're fairly cheap with just chainswords and a Sergeant suitably armed. Make a mess of most infantry and you're hoing to shoot nastier targets anyway, right? ;)