We have a Hierophant

Uprising

Today, I have made a major step into the hobby:  My first super heavy.  I bought a Hierophant, and wondering if anyone has building tips?  What size base do you use(making a custom wooden one).  Thanks for your time, have a great day. 

(Disclaimer: This is all advice I've gleaned from other people and research, I do not own a Hierophant myself)

If you're going to use it as a gaming piece I wouldn't recommend a base as the model has such a vast footprint that it would make it virtually unusable. However, it will need some support to keep it from self destructing. You see, those spindly resin back legs can't take the weight of the huge body, and as such it will slowly do the splits over time as the legs bend under the weight. Fortunately there are two solutions...

1: Stick a rod into its underbelly with a small base underneath, such that the centre of the model is supported without needing a huge base. This is fairly easy to do but kinda ugly.

2: Cut apart the back legs and reinforce them with bits of wire coathanger. This will make them much stronger and stop him from slowly sagging whilst keeping him looking his best. However it is quite a scary. complex procedure so be absolutely sure you know what you're doing if you do this.

Other than that, pinning is your friend.

Hope that helps!

I thank you for the input.  From my research, I came to a similar conclusion, this model need support or it will break.  I am only doing the base because the model slightly damage and i need to hide that(one of the foot talon is damage).  I don't plan on using it too much(it is a 1800 pts monster) but its more for a display. 

Thanks for your input.