The Lazurus Crusade: More Black Tide Feedback! 05/11/2018

Greetings Brothers,

I really enjoyed just focusing on one character whilst painting Chaplain Lazarus and decided to do the same thing with my Emperors Champion!

This model is the finecast version and I must say it was much harder to paint, I wish I had gone on ebay and got the metal EC now, but either way it was still fun to paint him. I still have a little work to do on the shoulder pads, but atleast he is tabletop ready now :)

pngk40N.jpg

OSElJC8.jpg

LP3OixZ.jpg

AVHIiVO.jpg

A late reply, but I must've missed your earlier update. Congratulations on you acquisition of considerable reinforcements! That was a truly lucky day. Seeing the old artwork on the boxes brought back some memories of my better days in the hobby. Also, the OOP Vanguard Veterans are some great models.

As always, great work on the models. Especially the characters. The deep reds of the cloak and tabard on your Marshal and EC are great, especially with the mix of whites on the EC.

• 2 weeks later...

A late reply, but I must've missed your earlier update. Congratulations on you acquisition of considerable reinforcements! That was a truly lucky day. Seeing the old artwork on the boxes brought back some memories of my better days in the hobby. Also, the OOP Vanguard Veterans are some great models.

As always, great work on the models. Especially the characters. The deep reds of the cloak and tabard on your Marshal and EC are great, especially with the mix of whites on the EC.

Thanks, the Emperor truly smiled down on me that day!

Also thanks for the feedback on the characters, I wasnt sure about the red until i started painting it and then I loved how it worked :)

Greetings Fellow Templars,

I bring news of a great battle vs some traitorous death company! I had another battle against Blood Angels (a different player to normal) and it was a real brawl.

As usual I wont do a turn by turn report, just summarise the best bits.

Deployment: Dawn of War.
Mission: Tactical Escalation.

My Warlord Trait: Rites of battle - Chaplin Lazurus.

Enemy Warlord Trait: Tenacious Survivor - Mephiston.

My List:
Chaplain Lazerus: Crozius, Bolt Pistol, Crusader Helm
Emperors Champion: No Upgrades

5x Termintors: 1x Assault Cannon + power fist, 3x storm bolter + power fist, Sgt with power swordand storm bolter.
5x Jumppack Vanguard: 3x power sword + 3x plasma pistol, 2x bolt pistol + Chainsword.

Crusader Squad: 1x Neophyte with Bolt Pistol and Knife, 5x Initiates (2 with bolt pistol + chainsword, 1 with bolt pistol + power sword, 1x Melta Gun) Sword Brother with Combi Plasma and Power Sword

Crusader Squad: 1x Neophyte with Bolt Pistol and Knife, 5x Initiates (2 with bolt pistol + chainsword, 1 with bolt pistol + power sword, 1x Melta Gun) Sword Brother with Combi Plasma and Power Sword

Crusader Squad: 2x Neophyte with Bolt Pistol and Knife, 5x Initiates (2 with bolt pistol + chainsword, 1 with bolt pistol + power sword, 1x Flamer) Sword Brother with Combi Flamer and Power Sword

Crusader Squad: 2x Neophyte with Bolt Pistol and Knife, 5x Initiates (2 with bolt pistol + chainsword, 1 with bolt pistol + power sword, 1x Plasma Gun) Sword Brother with Lightning claws.

Land Speeder: Typhoon Missile Launcher, Heavy Bolter.

Land Speeder: Assault Cannon, Heavy Bolter

Razorback: Twin Heavy Bolter, Storm Bolter, Hunter Killer Missile.

Razorback: Twin Heavy Bolter, Storm Bolter, Hunter Killer Missile.

Predator: 4x Lascannon, Hunter Killer.

Ironclad Dread: Hurrican Bolter, Meltagun, 2x Hunter Killer, Dread Chainfist

Land Raider Crusader: Hurrican Bolters, Storm Bolter and Assault Cannon.

Enemy List (as best as rememebered):

Mephsiton

Sang Ancient

Carbulo

Sang Priest

chaplain

Libby Dread

11x Death Company

5x Sang Guard

Death Company Dread

Storm Raven

Land Raider Redeemer

It was a really epic battle with each side trading heavy blows. The sang Guard chopped up my right flank where the bult of the armour was but I counter deployed with vanguard and termies and was able to mop them up.

The speeder zipped around on the left flank scoring points and taking pot shots, I was really impressed by these little guys!

But the main event was in the centre, where both crusaders, EC and Lazurus faced down the Death Comapny, Chaplin, Sang Ancient and Libby Dread! It was a swirling melee, but the star of the show was the Emperors Champion. He cut downn the libby dread, Sang Ancient 8 death company! He only took 2 wounds in return thanks to lucky 4+ invul saves and a few command rerolls :D The enemy had to resort to pulling back and using the redeemer to finally slay him!

After the points where counted up it was a major Templar victory, mostly thanks to the speeder zipping 16" all over the place, blocking my enemy from scoring or picking up points themselves, and the big brawl in the centre distracting the majority of the enemy forces. 

Below are some pics for your enjoyment:

6hRd9Pn.jpg

y3h8DWm.jpg

ypWM7Nl.jpg

rovmBKz.jpg

JI1sUEO.jpg

xr86sX0.jpg

JcVmWOz.jpg

Well done Brother!

Most of my BA games have been against buckets of DC and they are usually very formidable forces to face.

You have brought great honor to your crusade and to Dorn.

IMPERATOR VULT!

• 4 weeks later...

Greetings Brothers,

It has been many days since my last post. My Templars have taken a back foot as I have been working on the other side of my Armageddon Task Force, the Steel Legion. (link to the B&C thread: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/341227-raising-a-regiment-234th-armageddon-steel-legion/)

However, I have not neglected my duties. Where possible I have done some painting and I can now say that I have finished my Tactical Terminators :biggrin.: There is extra detail that can be added, but they are at least tabletop ready.

With these done I now have a 1500 pts list fully painted, I have recorded a battle report against some traitorous Death Watch and it will be uploaded in the near future. But for now please enjoy some photos of the termies.

Y6UgnyB.jpg

ThiddyZ.jpg

lBpC0mX.jpg

7V54Kyd.jpg
Edited by Mordian Glory

Your Terminators look good. What do the red pauldrons symbolize? Bonds of brotherhood with the Blood Angels fighting beside them in a certain battle? Close relations with the AdMech?

Thanks, the red shoulder pads with gold crosses are to symbolism that they most elite of the sword brothers in my crusade. I wanted to do something that would set them apart from the sword brothers in the crusader squads whilst still matching with the colour of the army :) 

Greetings Brothers,

I do not normally post unfinished models but I am very excited about my current project for the Lazurus Crusade.

I purchased a Space Marine Command Squad box and have built/converted each model into a unique character. I have got 1 Marshal with storm shield and power sword, 1 company ancient with power sword, 2x castellan (1 with power axe and 1 with power sword) and an apothecary.

This should hopefully round out all the characters I need for the crusade, bar maybe 1 with deepstike ability. 

As always pictures below, let me know what you think :D

TUVmDre.jpg

fq00zfs.jpg

CbXqtNF.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Greetings Brother,

The Lazurus Crusade has tired of fighting fellow astartes and has been purging xenos recently! I have a video battle report vs some filty Tau and a will be writing up a picture battle report for a game vs a group of tricky eldar harlequins!

For now, here is the video batrep vs the space commies:

The Emperor truly protects! That Tau turn 3, man! Your characters' resolve, haha! That must've felt really good. Congrats on the fun game and victory.

It felt very good, the frustration on the xenos commanders face was brilliant!

The models look promising.

Thank you :)

Greeting Brothers,

I promised you more xenos purging and I intend to make good on that promise. My second battle this week was against some foul eldar harlequins. The guy I was playing had just used the list at a tournament and had won 3 games with it so i was slightly intimidated, but he challenged me to a game and as you all well know ACCEPT ANY CHALLENGE NO MATTER THE ODDS!

My list:

Chaplin Lazarus 

Emperors Champion

Crusader Squad: 8 Neophytes with pistol and blade, 4 Initiates (2 with pistol and blade, 1 plasma gun, 1 power sword) and 1 Sword Brother with power sword and combi melta.

Crusader Squad: 8 Neophytes with pistol and blade, 4 Initiates (2 with pistol and blade, 1 melta  gun, 1 power sword) and 1 Sword Brother with power sword and combi plasma.

Crusader Squad: 2 Neophytes with pistol and blade, 4 Initiates (2 with pistol and blade, 1 flamer, 1 power axe) and 1 Sword Brother with power sword and combi flamer.

Crusader Squad: 2 Neophytes with pistol and blade, 4 Initiates (2 with pistol and blade, 1 plasma  gun, 1 power sword) and 1 Sword Brother with twin lighting claws.

Terminator Squad: 3 Storm bolter + power fist. 1 assault cannon + power fist and the sword brother with Storm bolter +  power sword

Land raider Crusader: 2 Hurricane bolters, twin assault cannon and storm bolter

Storm Talon: twin assualt cannon and 2 lascannons.

Enemy List:

Solitaire 

3 x troupe master with fusion pistol and Caress

3 x troupes, each troupe had 5 clowns and each had fusion pistol and Caress

3x transport skimmers with 2x shurikan cannon

3x clown bike units, each had 4 bikes and each bike shurikan cannon and grenade launcher

Deployment was Dawn of War, Mission was Big Guns.

The Templars deployed in a basic phalanx that I have nick named the battle blob. Basically my Land Raider flanked by a 13 man crusader squad on each side, I then deployed the storm Talon out on a flank to try and bait the enemy to spreading out his forces. The plan worked and my opponent deployed 2 bike units + 2 skimmers against my blob and then deployed his remaining units against my Talon.

Templars had turn 1 and we advanced forward cautiously, aware of how fast the clowns could be and wanting to avoid a enemy T1 charge. The terminators dropped down with the Storm Talon to provide some support and take an objective. Shooting was light as I was at max range and all the clown bikes and skimmers had -1 to hit. I managed to kill 3 of the bikes on the Storm Talon flank and also do 3 wound to the skimmer on the same side.

Harlequin turn 1 was hyper aggressive. Everything moved forward as fast as possible. The clowns had a lot of firepower, but thanks to cover I was able to survive better then expected. The land raider took 8 wounds from fusion pistols and the 13 man squad lost 5 guys. The termies took a beating and were killed down to just the sword brother, those fusion pistols are really nasty! There where no assaults by the eldar.

T2 Black Templars and its time to counter attack. All my men come boiling out of the ruins and also got out of the land raider. Shooting was tough again thanks to the -1, but I was able kill 1 of the skimmers and another 3 bikes in the centre. My storm talon was unable to do any damage due to tricky 4+ invul of the skimmer. I then instigated a mass charge against the foul xenos. Thanks to the chaplian everyone was getting rerolls and I was able to put some serious hurt on the enemy. Another bike squad was killed down to just 1 bike 1 of the troupes was also killed. 

lKddtyI.jpg

AvAQ41q.jpg

The eldar are bloodied but not beaten, they retreat with their bikes, get out another troupe squad and blitz the solitaire. Shooting they kill the last termie and also to kill the storm talon with the skimmer and squad. They also jump over my line and fusion pistol the raider again, bringing it down to 4 wounds. Some marines are killed to other scattered shooting. The clowns then counter-counter attack. the skimmer goes in to eat the over watch for the solitaire who in turn charges 1 of the big crusade blobs. the troupe charges another squad but i had 2 flamers in the unit and they lose 4 to over watch. 2 troupe master also charge into the the fray. it was a fast and furious melee, but thanks to an interupt by the black templars things go better then expected. I lose about 15 marines in total but I am able to kill the last troupe member  and do 3 wound on the solitaire and 2 on a troupe master.

Templar turn 3 and I decide I want to mop up this fight. In the shooting phase i unload everything from the crusader into a troupe master and just kill him. Bolt pistols also do another wound on the solitaire by bolt pistols. The emperors champion then charges the solitaire, I charge the skimmer with the chaplin and the claw squad and I pile in with my other 2 squads into the 1 troupe master. The EC easily claimes the head of the eldar champion and I am also able to kill the troupe master and skimmer, clearing the enemy out of the centre.

lVC3ZgW.jpg
0jAV8hq.jpg

With the eldar force down to just 2 bikes and a skimmer squad the enemy is looking beat. The last skimmer+ squad zoom towards the centre. 4 combined shurikan cannons are able to badly maul 1 of big squads killing down to just 4 guys. 

BT turn 4 is also quick, with much of our fire power out of 12" range. I am able to finish of 1 bike and down the last skimmer. I also consolidate onto objectives.

Eldar Turn 4 they bring forward their last troupe squad and master, with fusion pistols they are able to kill the claw sqaud down to just the sword brother. They then charge the chaplain and sword brother. The troupe fo 7 wounds to the chaplain but he makes 5 4+ saves! in return I use my last 2 command points and smash the final troupe master to pulp with the chaplians 2 handed crozius! 

With only a troupe and 1 bike against 20 templars and a crusader, my opponent concedes the game.

VICTORY TO THE BLACK TEMPLARS! AVE IMPERATOR! 

I would like to say that I really appreciate the concise nature of your battle reports. You leave in just enough detail to convey what has transpired and focus on what is important.

Your crusade continues to bring great honor to your chapter. Well done brother!

Masterful victory! Congratulations. 

Thank you! The battle was hard fought yet ZEAL prevailed 

I would like to say that I really appreciate the concise nature of your battle reports. You leave in just enough detail to convey what has transpired and focus on what is important.

Your crusade continues to bring great honor to your chapter. Well done brother!

Thank you for the great feedback, its really appreciated. I was going for concise yet exciting so its good to now i have pulled that off :)

The only thing I think is missing is bit of fluff in the battle reports... 

Greetings Brothers,

I bring to you a few pictures of my Templars vs Xenos scum. Again I was playing Harlequins but it was against a different player and a very different army. This was my first battle in the local campaign I signed up to. It is just a fun campaign run by the local GW to try and encourage a bit of competitive yet fun play into the community.

Unfortunately we only had an hour and half to play the game so we only got to turn 2. I won the with first blood and line breaker against my opponents 0 points. As it was such a short game I wont bother writing up a full battle report, we had to stop just as things were getting interesting (his characters made it to my lines). I have included some cool pictures below for your viewing pleasure.

dFBvh9F.jpg
x9GFpPJ.jpg
6i74Bxk.jpg
Ey2pDPx.jpg
z14enxu.jpg
MDQunzj.jpg