The Lazurus Crusade: More Black Tide Feedback! 05/11/2018

• 3 months later...

Greeting Brothers,

It has been many months since I last updated this thread. I confess that my Templars have taken a back seat in my hobbying recently. My Steel Legion project took up much off my time.

However I now return to my crusade, ready to paint and battle in the name of Sigismund. I am taking part in the ETL painting event, I willbe finishing my black tide finally :D

I Mordian Glory rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Black Templars and vow to complete 4x Crusdaer Squads (made up for 10 Neophytes, 21 Initiates and 4 sword brothers with 4x plasma guns, 4x Heavy Bolters, 2x Combi Grav and 2x combi plasma) of total value 539 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end

med_gallery_100266_14526_990146.jpg

Greeting Brothers,

Quick update on the ETL vow, I spent most of the bank holiday weekend painting white shoulder pads and watching star trek voyager! I still have 6 more to do, but I had to stop as I felt I was going insane batch painting 30+ Models :P

However, the white pauldrons are the worst part of these models. Once that is done I can sit back, relax and enjoy the doing the fine detail on each marine :)

• 1 month later...

Greeting Brothers,

I have been busy painting lots of models for the ETL event. I have been posting my updates on this Vow to the space marine outpost, but I felt it was also appropriate to keep this thread updated as well, so please see lots of pics of the 3 crusader squads I have finished so far. Just 1 more squad to go and I will have completed my first vow for the event (and also 75 out of 100 marines I need for the black tide :biggrin.:)

I also plan on attending a 1 day tournament on the 1st of August. If my black tide is completed by then I will probably take them to the tournament! 

Squad 1: Combi Plasma, Plasma and Heavy Bolter

wrE15LP.jpg
cuky1Oh.jpg
KHVn8p6.jpg
ZdK3Ou6.jpg

Squad 2: Combi Plasma, Plasma and Heavy Bolter
x5laFIk.jpg
NEwS4w7.jpg
hiwjHue.jpg
FjMaYaC.jpg

Squad 3: Combi Grav Plasma and Heavy Bolter
5OWtLpl.jpg
Edited by Mordian Glory

I also plan on attending a 1 day tournament on the 1st of August. If When my black tide is completed by then I will probably take them to the tournament!

FIFY

Faith and ZEAL brother, and it will be done!

Cool squad. I'm not a fan of the plume, but the helmets for your Neophytes are a good choice. Definitely an improvement over the bare heads. I'd recommend getting a hobby drill, though. It definitely is a good investment. I've kept myself back from getting one for a long time and now, in retrospect, regret it a lot. Drilled barrels add a considerable modifier to a model's coolness.

Cool squad. I'm not a fan of the plume, but the helmets for your Neophytes are a good choice. Definitely an improvement over the bare heads. I'd recommend getting a hobby drill, though. It definitely is a good investment. I've kept myself back from getting one for a long time and now, in retrospect, regret it a lot. Drilled barrels add a considerable modifier to a model's coolness.

I quite like the plume helms myself, but each to their own :) In regards to the neo heads, I dont mind the bare ones but the scion heads are much better when fully painted up.

I have been thinking about getting a drill and an airbrush, take my hobby to the next level :D

Greeting Brothers,

My first vow for the ETL is complete and I now have another 35 fully painted crusders in my army. This brings the total to 75 fully painted crusder squad models! Only 25 more to go :D

I also have to paint a Marshall, Castellan and a 2nd chaplain. When that is all done I will have my finished black tide!

nY0t3Qz.jpg

I too have a goal to be able to field 100 crusaders, so I stand  and applaud your efforts.

ONWARDS BROTHER!

Thanks Honda! I am really looking forward to having all 100 fully painted, it will be an awesome site on the battlefield. I am also well on track to having them all completed in time for the Tournament on the 1st of August :D 

Greeting Brothers,

My crusade continues to grow and progress on my ETL vow has  been made. For many months I have been borrowing a Blood Angels chaplain from my brother, but as a late birthday present he gave my the Deathwatch Chaplain Cassius. I really like the model and last week I was able to convert and paint him as my second Chaplain. I decided to keep his name as Cassius. Whilst my first Chaplain, Lazurus, encourages cold hatred of the xenos and traitors in his brothers, Cassius is a bombastic leader, loudly preaching on the battlefield and inspiring ZEAL.  In my head, Lazurus is the more level headed Chaplain who was given the responsibility for building, growing and maintaining the crusade. Whereas Cassius has little patience for  paperwork and bureaucracy, instead preferring to get stuck in on the battle field.

Story time over, pics below :)

o820djP.jpg
CM2GLpk.jpg
EOeuzas.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Greeting brothers,

The Lazurus crusade continues to grow, I have completed another 5 Initiates and 5 neos. That puts the final count at 85 completed crusaders and 3 characters. All I need to do is paint 15 more crusaders and 2 characters and the black tide will be complete!

I will push onwards and get the full tide completed in time for the tournament on the 4th of August :D

9QuPZzm.jpg
1981nO5.jpg
SuMEBUL.jpg
WhAH1JR.jpg

Second ETL vow complete!

Sadly I wont be able to do a 3rd vow. I have 15 more crusaders I need to paint but I had already started them when it came to ETL so they couldn't qualify. However, I can post them here!

I am really excited,  just a week or 2 away from completing my black tide :D This is a army I have always wanted since seeing the original Templars codex released as a child. 

wnlWJX7.jpg
1f8zmUp.jpg
5H7GrZw.jpg
gnkoKdw.jpg