Daimhin

Legion and Allegiance:    III: Emperor's Children, Loyalist

Rite of War: The Maru Skara

Total: [1998pts]

Open Blade

Legion Champion [130pts]:

. Artificer Armour, Boarding Shield, Bolt Pistol, Phoenix Spear, Sonic Shrieker

Leviathan Siege Dreadnought [325pts]:

. Armoured Ceramite, Leviathan Siege Claw, Leviathan Storm Cannon, Phosphex Discharger, Twin-linked Volkite Caliver, Twin-linked Volkite Caliver

Contemptor-Mortis Dreadnought [185pts]:

. Extra Armour, Kheres Pattern Assault Cannons x 2

Legion Rapier Weapons Battery [55pts]

. Laser Destroyer Array

Legion Reconnaissance Squad [175pts]:

. Cameleoline, 4x Legion Space Marines, Nuncio-Vox, Recon Armour, 4x Sniper Rifle

. Legion Sergeant: Artificer Armour, Sniper Rifle

Legion Tactical Squad [135pts]:

. 9x Legion Tactical Space Marines

. Legion Vexilla

. Legion Tactical Sergeant: Bolter

Legion Tactical Squad [135pts]:

. 9x Legion Tactical Space Marines

. Legion Vexilla

Legion Tactical Support Squad [175pts]:

. 4x Legion Space Marines

. Entire Squad exchange their Flamers for: Plasma gun

. Legion Sergeant: Bolt Pistol, Plasma Gun

Hidden Blade

Legion Praetor [207pts]:

. Combi-Weapon, Digital Lasers, Iron Halo, Mastercraft a Single Weapon, Paragon Blade, Sonic Shrieker, Tartaros Terminator Armour

Palatine Blade Squad [286pts]:

. 7x Palatine Warrior: 2x Pheonix Spear, 5x Power Sword, Sonic Shriekers

. Palatine Prefector: Melta Bombs, Pheonix Spear, Plasma Pistol

Anvillus Pattern Dreadclaw Drop Pod [115pts]:

. Frag Assault Launchers

Legion Javelin Attack Speeder [75pts]:

. 2x Hunter-killer Missile, Multi-melta, Twin-linked Cyclone missile launcher

Feedback would be appreciated.

In particular, I am wondering about dropping the Javelin and the Mortis in favour of a Primis-Lightning.

Not really sure why you're using Mara Suka for this list since basically none of the elite/fast attack units you have are benefiting from the special outflank move. The palentine blades in particular are completly useless in the hidden blade considering they will be dropping down in the dreadclaw turn one.

If you really want to use Mara Suka I'd reconsider your list. The best units to outflank in the hidden blade is anything with good short range firepower like seekers, veterans and terminators, or anything that's better at hitting the side armor of vehicles like speeders or some dreadnoughts. Combat units like the Palentine blades don't need to be in the hidden blade since outflanking isn't a great combat delivery method.

Legion and Allegiance:    III: Emperor's Children, Loyalist

++ Total: [1936pts] ++

Open Blade

Legion Praetor [180pts]: Artificer Armour, Bolt Pistol, Digital Lasers, Iron Halo, Mastercraft a Single Weapon, Phoenix Spear, Sonic Shrieker
Legion Champion [130pts]: Artificer Armour, Boarding Shield, Chainsword or Combat Blade, Phoenix Spear, Sonic Shrieker
Palatine Blade Squad [276pts]: 7x Palatine Warrior, 3x Pheonix Spear, 4x Power Sword, Sonic Shriekers
. Palatine Prefector: Melta Bombs, Pheonix Spear
Legion Land Raider Battle Squadron [275pts]
. Land Raider Phobos: Armoured Ceramite, Auxiliary Drive, Extra Armour, Multi Melta

Legion Tactical Squad [135pts]: 9x Legion Tactical Space Marines
. Additional Wargear: Bolters, Legion Vexilla

Legion Tactical Support Squad Plasma Gun [175pts]: 4x Legion Space Marines
. Entire Squad may exchange their Flamers for:: Plasma gun
. Legion Sergeant: Bolt Pistol, Flamer

Legion Fire Raptor Gunship [250pts]: Armoured Ceramite
. Four wing-mounted:: Hellstrike Missiles
. Two Independent Ball Turret-mounted:: Reaper Autocannon Battery

Hidden Blade (turn 2)

Legion Javelin Attack Speeder Squadron [150pts]
. Legion Javelin Attack Speeder: 2x Hunter-killer Missile, Multi-melta, Twin-linked Cyclone missile launcher
. Legion Javelin Attack Speeder: 2x Hunter-killer Missile, Multi-melta, Twin-linked Cyclone missile launcher

Primaris-Lightning Strike Fighter [230pts]: Battle Servitor Control, Ground-tracking Auguries, 2x Kraken Penetrator Heavy missile

I have a few points left to play with.

Idea would be that the Javelin come on and take out any artillery and equivalent, while the Primaries-Lightning pops any transport opening them up for a charge from the Palatine's.
Edited by Daimhin

Looks like a fun little strike force. I'd be removing armoured ceramite off the fire raptor. If you are careful with your movement you should be able to avoid melta. That would leave you with enough points for rhinos/ apothecary / landspeeder depending what you want.

That list looks much better! I still don't think you're making full use of the hidden blade though. Drop the plasma support squad which is useless without a transport anyway, and instead take seekers or marksmen vets with combi plas to join the hidden blade.

I'd also drop the fire raptor for another tank to take some pressure off the land raider. Rhinos for your tacticals would also be ideal but pts for that might be tough.

That list looks much better! I still don't think you're making full use of the hidden blade though. Drop the plasma support squad which is useless without a transport anyway, and instead take seekers or marksmen vets with combi plas to join the hidden blade.

I'd also drop the fire raptor for another tank to take some pressure off the land raider. Rhinos for your tacticals would also be ideal but pts for that might be tough.

Drop the fire raptor for a Sicaran? If so what flavour?

You suggest Seekers or Vets in a Rhino for the Hidden Blade? What about Sky Hunters?

That would work, you probably want the venator since you don't have much anti tank. 

Yeah seekers/vets are excellent for the hidden blade since they have close ranged firepower that utilizes outflank very well. Sky hunters are alright I suppose, dont see a place for them in this list though. 

• 1 month later...

Legion and Allegiance:    III: Emperor's Children, Loyalist

++ Total: [1936pts] ++

Open Blade

Legion Praetor [180pts]: Artificer Armour, Bolt Pistol, Digital Lasers, Iron Halo, Mastercraft a Single Weapon, Phoenix Spear, Sonic Shrieker
Legion Champion [130pts]: Artificer Armour, Boarding Shield, Chainsword or Combat Blade, Phoenix Spear, Sonic Shrieker
Palatine Blade Squad [276pts]: 7x Palatine Warrior, 3x Pheonix Spear, 4x Power Sword, Sonic Shriekers

. Palatine Prefector: Melta Bombs, Pheonix Spear
Legion Land Raider Battle Squadron [275pts]

. Land Raider Phobos: Armoured Ceramite, Auxiliary Drive, Extra Armour, Multi Melta

Legion Tactical Support Squad Plasma Gun [175pts]: 4x Legion Space Marines
. Entire Squad may exchange their Flamers for:: Plasma gun
. Legion Sergeant: Bolt Pistol, Flamer

Legion Fire Raptor Gunship [250pts]: Armoured Ceramite
. Four wing-mounted:: Hellstrike Missiles
. Two Independent Ball Turret-mounted:: Reaper Autocannon Battery

Hidden Blade (turn 2)

Legion Javelin Attack Speeder Squadron [150pts]

Primaris-Lightning Strike Fighter [230pts]: Battle Servitor Control, Ground-tracking Auguries, 2x Kraken Penetrator Heavy missile

I have a few points left to play with.

Idea would be that the Javelin come on and take out any artillery and equivalent, while the Primaries-Lightning pops any transport opening them up for a charge from the Palatine's.

I'm a fellow 30K Emperor's Children player, and out of love I'm going to tear apart this list.

I'm not certain why you are running Loyalist ECs since you immediately shut out a lot of the Legion's best unique assets. I'm sure its for thematic reasons though, so we can accept that and adjust accordingly. For your Legion Praetor it doesn't make sense to give him a Phoenix Spear since he can take a Paragon Blade for a bit more which is better in every way. In fact, using the Praetor Tribune rules you can upgrade him to Tartaros Term Armour and an MC Paragon Blade for no extra points cost and minimal other costs (drop a Palatine Blade to make space, and you can't take a Shrieker).

Knowing how 30K games often go, your scoring presence is paper thin. Two minimal tactical squads with no transport or apothecary are going to melt against almost anything and lose their ability to Fury pretty fast, leaving you with almost no way of capping objectives. Since you are likely to more aggressive with your fairly small Support Squad, I'd strongly recommend either buffing up your Tacticals to 15 or giving them Apothecaries - maybe both. Another solution would be to incorporate some more foot legionnaires (Seekers, Vets) or Dreadclaw Terminators into your ranks.

Apart from that your Hidden Blade is pretty solid. Have you considered running TL Plasmagun/Meltagun Outriders as another edge to your Outflankers? My list has a unit of PGs with my Champion making a triumphant Turn 2 arrival. Good luck!

Thanks very much for the feedback.

I'm focussing on getting my Orbital Assault list finished off (I've decided it isn't quite there yet) then I will be returning to my Maru Skara list. Will definitely take this on board though.