XV109 Y'Vahra Battlesuit - any good?

So,

Riptides are pretty crap nowadays, lets face that, but what about the FW variants? The XV109 seems nice, the plasma flamer can deal enormous damage - nova charged or not. Their other gun seems cool too, if a bit lackluster without nova charge.

So what do you think? I'm gonna proxy one of my Riptides as the Y'Vahra tomorrow against Death Guard, lets see how it fares. If it does good then I'll convert it into the Y'Vahra. Probably just ruining a beautiful model but gotta try atleast :biggrin.: .

Yes the Y'vahra is very good actually.

I mean I can't even go into any detail since one look at the weapon profile and his movement should be enough. I'd give him an ATS as well to make his weapons even more devastating.

Yes very good. I have yet to see a batrep with one in it that has lost lol

Likely the best out of the three Riptides, and likely better for the cost than a stormsurge. There is no reason not to Nova charge the weapons every turn! Might help mitigate some of the flyer craze going on too with the auto hit triple damage flamer. Probably wouldn't take it for a friendly game, but in a tournie or a competitive game it's par for the course.

Yeah, tested it today and its BRUTAL. The nova charged flamer us absolutely disgusting, removing Terminator squads and Plague marine squads every turn. It killed a Terminator squad, two Plague marine squads and a Chaos Lord. I think I know what I'm gonna do with my Riptide ;).

Brokenly good. More than one across the table and I am refusing to play. I played vs tau this weekend and this guy ate quite a bit of my army on his own before I was able to finish him off after three rounds of a fair sized chunk of my army shooting at him with plasma, melta, and missiles. If he would have ever been able to make a charge he would not have gone down even then.

• 2 weeks later...