++Fate of Konor - Week 6: Death of a World++

Hi everyone

So Fate of Konor world wide campaign starting next week by Games Workshop.  Where it starting from the 27th July until September, each week been base on a different planet on the system & mission, as well as update.  Just seen the quote in this post, along with links to the Games Workshop fate of Konor web site.

I'm really happy about this, haven enjoyed the Meduca V & before that the orignaly 13th Black Crusade world wide campaign that where happen a few good year ago.  Then back in March this year, the Warhammer World campaign weekend for the The Boralis Schism.

I though be nice to have a topic going on for those of us in the Chaos faction who are taken part.  Post up the models for the painting side &/or post up some cool battle reports.  Also same goes for background.

​I'll also try post up the lattes bit of  information from the web site along side the mission.

++Though I do have one polite request, please keep negativity out of this topic.  Also please respect that everyone has different ways they enjoy gaming side of the hobby.  This topic is here for people to enjoy taken part in the Fate of Konor world wide campaign++

What is the Fate of Konor

https://warhammer40000.com/what-is-galaxy-in-flames-fate-of-konor/

What is Galaxy in Flames: Fate of Konor?

Fate of Konor is a global Warhammer 40,000 campaign supported by this interactive website, where players and hobbyists (that’s you!) will decide the fate of a vital Imperial system. The campaign will be running from July 27th to September 10th, and you can take part in two ways:

• By building and painting new units for your Warhammer 40,000 collection.
  • By playing games of Warhammer 40,000.

The units you paint and the games you play will matter like never before, as the results reported to your local store influence which side of the war is winning each week and, eventually, the final outcome of the campaign – for good or ill…

The campaign will take place over a period of six weeks, during which you will be fighting over six very different planets in the Konor System: Astaramis, Loebos, Drenthal, Vanitor, Konor and Nethamus. Each week, one of these planets will be at the centre of the battles in the campaign, and at the end of that week, it will be controlled by either the forces of the Imperium or the hosts of Chaos.

Every planet will have its own unique story, mission and Stratagems, which will be determined by what has gone on previously in the campaign. This means that your games over the weeks will be varied and challenging, and there will be everything to play for right up until the final week!

Each planet will also have a related narrative theme. If you follow that theme, and use the unit types appropriate to that week’s narrative (listed below), they will earn you double points for each newly painted unit that you bring into the store and for each victory you have while using those themed units in your army.

These themes are:

• Week 1: Start Collecting!
• Week 2: Elites
• Week 3: Vehicles
• Week 4: Psykers
• Week 5: Fast Attack and Flyers
• Week 6: Terrain and Lords of War

So, for example, if you paint up a new Land Raider for Week 3 – you’ll get double the points. If you use that Land Raider in a game that you win that week, you’ll also receive double the points for the victory as well!

Registering Your Results and Winning the Campaign

Once you’ve played your games or painted your new units, you’ll need to register your results in-store.

Here on the website, you’ll find a handy Store Finder which will help you find the nearest locations where you can register results. You can register new results in different stores over the course of the campaign but you can only register each individual victory or completed painted unit once.

Victories for the forces of Chaos will lead to the worlds of the Konor System becoming infected and corrupted, while Imperial victories will drive back the spread of contagion and halt the traitor advance.

“But what about us xenos players?!” we hear you ask. Fear not – xenos armies play a really important part in the campaign, as their victories can take points away from Imperial or Chaos forces, representing the xenos forces disrupting the war effort on both fronts. So, if Chaos is winning in your area, and you want to stop them, you can. Or, if the Imperium pulls ahead and you want to redress the balance, you can swap sides half way through the campaign! Typical treacherous xenos

Regardless of your allegiance, once your results are reported to your local store and inputted into the campaign system, the campaign will be updated in real time on this interactive website. This means you can always see which side has the advantage and know when you need to battle all the harder to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat.

That’s it!

March for Macragge, or let the galaxy burn – we don’t mind, so long as you have a great time.

The Konor System

The Fate of Konor campaign takes place in the Ultima Segmentum. Konor is one of the principle systems of the sub-empire of Ultramar, and it has long been a jewel in the crown of the Imperium. As the newly resurgent legions of Chaos launch their attacks across the Imperium, they turn their corrupted eyes greedily towards these industrious planets. Leading this attack against Ultramar are the relentless and plague-swollen warriors of the Death Guard, and their infected hordes of mutants, monsters and worse. Against them stand the Ultramarines and the swiftly mobilised armies of nearby Imperial worlds – each Imperial defender is ready to halt the invaders’ advance or die in the attempt.

The scene is set, the battle lines are drawn. The war for the Konor System dawns.

Week 1
https://warhammer40000.com/blog/week-one-astaramis/

Astaramis is a well-ordered and heavily defended hive world, the largest center of population in the Konor System and a potent symbol of Imperial dominance.

Having gathered significant momentum with their early victories on the outskirts of the Konor System, the armies of Chaos spread out across the region like poison seeping into the blood stream of the Imperium.

A vast segment of the Chaos armada descends upon Astaramis, the most populous planet in the system. With its teeming cities arranged in vast concentric rings, the well governed and prosperous hive world exemplifies the grand dream that is Ultramar. However, even Astaramis’ formidable orbital defence platforms and veteran garrison are not enough to hold back the oncoming tide. The Chaos armada launches waves of magmatic torpedoes, and macro-cannons obliterate planetary fortifications and engulf entire regiments of defenders in searing firestorms. Heretic Astartes and their allies slam to earth in blistering drop pod assaults, blasting apart anything that moves even as they march implacably onwards towards targets of strategic value.

During the Great Crusade, the Ultramarines Primarch Roboute Guilliman made landfall upon Astaramis. In the centuries since, the population has come to regard him as a saint, raising vast statues and temples in his name. Hearts emboldened by the revelation that Guilliman has risen from his millennia-long slumber to defend Humanity once more, they fight on bravely in the face of an unceasing onslaught. From the shrines of Saviour’s Landing to the vast and imposing Quintus Gate, the streets echo with the unceasing chatter of las-fire and the dull thud of bolters and high-explosive rounds.

Yet for all the tenaciousness and devotion shown by the people of Astaramis, they cannot stand alone. With every passing hour, the invaders push further inward, taking hab-block after hab-block. Xenos forces have also been spotted planetside, exploiting the confusion of battle in order to kill, loot or pursue their unknowable ends. Imperial forces have already been forced back as far as the hive’s innermost spires, and the outer districts are little more than a rubble-strewn wasteland. If reinforcements do not arrive soon then Chaos will have gutted the Imperium’s greatest source of manpower in the Konor System, and destroyed a potent symbol of Imperial faith.

Mission 1: Invasion!

https://warhammer40000.com/mission-1-invasion/

Astaramis has come under direct and heavy attack from the forces of Chaos. Yet it seems they are not the only threat, for alien forces of every ilk have been reported on the planet’s surface. If this is true, their intentions as yet remain unclear. In response, mighty armies are mustered to defend the sprawling hive world and battle is joined in earnest.

THE ARMIES

Each player must first muster an army from the miniatures in their collection. A player can include any models in their army, but if their army is Battle-forged, they will also be able to use the unique Fate of Konor Stratagems and the appropriate Stratagems included within this mission.

In this mission, if one player’s Warlord has the IMPERIUM keyword, they are automatically the Defender, and their opponent is the Attacker. If both players’ Warlords have the IMPERIUM keyword, or neither player’s Warlord has the IMPERIUM keyword, the players must roll off to decide who will be the Attacker and who will be the Defender.

THE BATTLEFIELD

Create a battlefield using the deployment map included with this mission and then set up terrain. The battlefield should contain several defensible pieces of terrain, such as such as buildings, bunkers and obstacles, representing the territory that the Defender has been tasked with holding against the invading forces.

DEPLOYMENT

After terrain has been set up, the players then alternate deploying their units, one at a time, starting with the Defender. A player’s models must be set up within their own deployment zone, though up to half of a player’s units can instead be placed in Reserve (see the Narrative Play Mission Rules in the Warhammer 40,000 rulebook).

FIRST TURN

The Defender rolls a dice. On a roll of 6, the Defender can choose to take the first turn; otherwise the Attacker has the first turn.

RESERVES

Starting from the second battle round, each player makes a roll for each of their units in Reserve at the end of their Movement phase. On a 3+ the unit being rolled for arrives from Reserve. Units automatically arrive at the end of a player’s fourth Movement phase if they have not already done so.

When a unit arrives, set it up anywhere within 6″ of the controlling player’s battlefield edge that is not within 9″ of any enemy models.

BATTLE LENGTH

The players should use the Random Battle Length rules (see the Narrative Play Mission Rules in the Warhammer 40,000 rulebook) to determine how long the battle lasts.

VICTORY CONDITIONS

At the end of the game, the player who scored the most victory points wins a major victory. If both players have the same number of victory points, the game is a draw. Victory points are achieved for the following:

Breach Their Lines: The Attacker scores 1 victory point for each of their units with at least one model completely within the Defender’s deployment zone at the end of the battle.

Destroy Any Approach: Each time one of the Attacker’s units is destroyed, the Defender scores 1 victory point.

Slay the Warlord: If the enemy Warlord has been slain during the battle, you score 1 victory point.

STRATAGEMS

In this mission, players can spend Command Points (CPs) to use the weekly Fate of Konor Stratagems, which are available in all participating stores or with any purchase of special weekly units at games-workshop.com. Players also have access to the following bonus Stratagems:

1CP

AT THE DOUBLE-QUICK

Attacker Stratagem

Use this Stratagem in the Charge phase to charge with a friendly unit that Advanced earlier in the turn.

2CP

SUPPRESSING FIRE

Defender Stratagem

Use this Stratagem immediately before firing Overwatch with a friendly unit in your opponent’s Charge phase to re-roll all failed hit rolls for that unit. In addition, your opponent must subtract 1 from their charge distance for each model in the charging unit that was slain by your unit’s Overwatch fire.

Painting

So I'm thinking for the following

• Week 1: Start Collecting! - Sadly I don't have the money to spare for a Battle force box, with me needing other models, like the Warhammer World command tanks convert for my Iron Warriors.
• Week 2: Elites - I've just recently started painting a unit of Thousand Son's
• Week 3: Vehicles - Well, I am about to get the Tank, as said above.  Other wise I do have a Helbrute & Forgefiend still waiting to get painted.  Also got my Land Raider
• Week 4: Psykers - ​Thousand Son's on the go or I can convert up a Sorcerer for my new Nurgle force?
• Week 5: Fast Attack and Flyers - I do still have my fifth Heldrake waiting there to get build
• Week 6: Terrain and Lords of War - I do have the Age of Sigmar Dreadhold Kept that I bought last month to make as a bastion for my Iron Warriors.

Would it be worth having a list of member & the Chaos Legion/Warband/Force they are using during Fate of Konor?

Edited by Insane Psychopath

Unfortunately...no, I won't. If they were releasing Emperor's Children or just updated generic CSM models instead of Primaris right now then I probably would tho.

That being said, if I happen to get any games in with my T'au I'll make them count for Chaos to even things out a little bit.

I'll be participating, I think the campaign is a great way to get fully into the swing of 8th edition and a good motivation to get models painted. Unfortunately I've been away and had no time to paint in June/July, otherwise I would have had a lot more stuff ready for the campaign. Because of that I think I'll mostly use the campaign as month to focus on painting and probably only get a few games in to contribute. 

I think I still have my nurgle daemons start collecting box unbuilt...

So I still haven't been able to figure out how to log results. Do I need to start from unbuilt? Unpainted? Unbought? What is considered complete?

I would like to participate, but I will need to prepare in advance, and I still don't have a good understanding of what this will actually require, does anyone know?

Edited by Teetengee

Excited for this... I used to run an IW message board back in the day with Pete Haines on it!

13th Crusade, Medusa... lots of fun.

I have to decide though. Chaos or Ultra for this one. :)

Painting

So I'm thinking for the following

• Week 1: Start Collecting! - Sadly I don't have the money to spare for a Battle force box, with me needing other models, like the Warhammer World command tanks convert for my Iron Warriors.

• Week 2: Elites - I've just recently started painting a unit of Thousand Son's

• Week 3: Vehicles - Well, I am about to get the Tank, as said above. Other wise I do have a Helbrute & Forgefiend still waiting to get painted. Also got my Land Raider

• Week 4: Psykers - ​Thousand Son's on the go or I can convert up a Sorcerer for my new Nurgle force?

• Week 5: Fast Attack and Flyers - I do still have my fifth Heldrake waiting there to get build

• Week 6: Terrain and Lords of War - I do have the Age of Sigmar Dreadhold Kept that I bought last month to make as a bastion for my Iron Warriors.

Would it be worth having a list of member & the Chaos Legion/Warband/Force they are using during Fate of Konor?

I'm thinking

Week 1: well I'm working on half of the Dark Imperium set so surely that'll count

Week 2: Hellbrute probably

Week 3: either another Hellbrute or maybe a las pred

Week 4: seems like a good time to add a Daemon price since I'll already have typhus and the malignant plaguecaster done

Week 5: Bloat Drone

Week 6: no idea yet.

I'm going to a double's day on the 29th at Warhammer world that I assume counts in some way towards the campaign, but other than that probably not because wallet says no.

Just to say you can still take part in the gaming side complete free.  Just let your local Games Workshop store or indy store know the result, I think there a list over on there web site or just send them a email or post on facebook with result of the game if you don't have a store near by with results??

The weekly unit by unit thing just a option chose, as some people may use this as a excuse to start new armies.  More so since release of 8th ed happen last month.  Lot my friends are using this to just help give them deadline to get there new armies painted.  Stuff I've listed for myself again just give me deadline.

But you can still use the army you've got now.  A lot of my own games will be about 120 power level as that the sort points I'm enjoy using in games. 

Prot - Though you'd look forward to this, with all the war stories of the 13th Black Crusade, as you said with Pete Haines led the Iron Warriors.  Then Medusa V, when PhilBrad gather a lot of the CHaos hobbiest from different forums.  As said I really enjoyed Medusa V.  Then as said with the Warhammer World campaign weekend back in March.

As for what faction, well ether way there going be some great battle reports from you.  Could be a good chance for you re-start your Iron Warriors, go with your Thousand Son's??

Teetengee - Pretty much just get games against your friends or go to your local store/club.  Each week, the pagies I link there & will also post on this topic, will have mission that you can try out, so first one Invasion.  That all that needed really & keep a eye on the Games Workshop web site I've added link to in the main post.  Then as said there painting side just as a option & just extra bonus points for complete set units as listed. 

As said there, you can use your current force.  That what I'm doing as I wish to use the models that been a big part of my Iron Warriors.

As for complete, your best checking with your local store.  I'd guess the standard three colour & base.

I think you can play anywhere. I know at my store they are also counting pure painting as points towards the campaign, with bonuses for playing those painted units in store on top of whatever you earn for just painting the 'unit of the week'.

Hmm.... this would be a real opportunity to scratch the Death Guard itch and since I have zero painted up it would be double points for all the games I would get in as well. lol

I definitely will be participating, it's just the excuse I need to play more games of 8th. Everytime I generate an extra attack from DttFE a fury gets its wings.

I really like that the website will track if Chaos or Imperium is winning on a store by store basis. Our odds of winning the whole thing might be slim, but I might be able to give Chaos a local victory.

Am I the only one who thinks this campaign is going to be shamelessly rigged in the loyalist's favor? We won't be getting our Codex until halfway through the campaign, meanwhile SM get relics, warlord traits, chapter tactics (i'm looking at you, command point-regaining ultramarines) and stratagems. And how good are these, you may ask?

One of them gives them extra attacks on a 6 specifically against our faction. They copy our army rule.

Another lets them fight twice at the end of the fight phase. So they're apparently Berzerkers now.

Another one that lets a Vehicle get a 5+ FNP against all mortal wounds for a phase.

And another one called Auspex Scan that basically copies the Taus EWO system so they can shoot stuff out-of-turn that deep strikes near them.

Granted, I did not expect any less from GW. Were the Imperium to lose any campaign, the salt from the imperial fanboys would reach unspoken proportions.

Am I the only one who thinks this campaign is going to be shamelessly rigged in the loyalist's favor? We won't be getting our Codex until halfway through the campaign, meanwhile SM get relics, warlord traits, chapter tactics (i'm looking at you, command point-regaining ultramarines) and stratagems. And how good are these, you may ask?

One of them gives them extra attacks on a 6 specifically against our faction. They copy our army rule.

Another lets them fight twice at the end of the fight phase. So they're apparently Berzerkers now.

Another one that lets a Vehicle get a 5+ FNP against all mortal wounds for a phase.

And another one called Auspex Scan that basically copies the Taus EWO system so they can shoot stuff out-of-turn that deep strikes near them.

Granted, I did not expect any less from GW. Were the Imperium to lose any campaign, the salt from the imperial fanboys would reach unspoken proportions.

It just means we have to fight harder and better than the loyalist scum. I'm in the process of readying my XII legion...Khârn is angry...

Is the Chaos Space Marines codex dropping in three weeks?

Anyway, I don't intend to purchase anything new during the campaign, not least of all because I can't paint fast enough to get stuff done on Games Workshop's timeline, but also because I recently bought a whole whack of Thousand Sons I'm currently in the process of painting up. Still, my Word Bearers will definitely be participating on the battlefield. I have my 2k list drafted up and ready to go, and it's diverse enough that I can get double points for using the appropriate units in weeks 2 through 5 (assuming I actually manage to win).

As for the issue of the freshly released Space Marines codex - yes, it was somewhat shabby of Games Workshop to drop the codex right before the campaign is due to begin, since as you mention Berzerker88, it does give the despicable Loyalists an unfair advantage. It's also strange that they didn't wait for the release of Mortarion and the remainder of the new Death Guard stuff before starting up the campaign, since lore-wise the most important contingent fighting on the side of Chaos are the servants of Nurgle. My take though is let's just enjoy the campaign for what it is and not take the whole thing too seriously, as much as I hope that the Traitor Legions acquit themselves gloriously against the False Emperor's hypocrite slaves. :tongue.:

Edited by ChaosReigns

I am hyped about Konor. My daemonic engines are rarin' to go.

It isn't about winning or losing, it is about sending a message.

Hmm.... this would be a real opportunity to scratch the Death Guard itch and since I have zero painted up it would be double points for all the games I would get in as well. lol

tenor.gif

Most of the guys at the store I work at have declared that Konor will fall if they have any say in the matter, and I'm right there with them. Our Imperium players will have their work cut out for them over the next few weeks.

Dragonlover

I am hyped about Konor. My daemonic engines are rarin' to go.

It isn't about winning or losing, it is about sending a message.

tenor.gif

Ha.., that was good, but I regret to inform you guys I sold all my DG last night. Honestly starting from scratch with another elite Chaos army seemed a bit silly considering my Thousand Sons.

But I still haven't ruled out Black Legion for this. I haven't placed any pre orders yet for Konor at the store. The thing is I just wish I knew two things for certain:

1. Does Chaos get a new codex before the end of Konor? ( I think we can assume no, as Deathguard probably will, then Grey Knights?)

2. Will such Chaos dex be accompanied by any new models in time for the Konor campaign?

I think it's pretty safe to say that both won't happen unless they start right away after releasing the C:SM Codex with leaking informations about the CSM Codex.

Out of the first four codexes, I think DG is actually last, might have mentioned that in the WC article about the new codexes but none the less makes sense to me. It would let GW spread out the DG release wave which will probably need at least 2 weeks from finishing off the primaris marines release waves. In between there they can just throw in GK and CSM with no new models for either probably, so we can hope for maybe the last week or two of the Konor campaign having a chaos codex.

edit: found the WC article, here's the quote: "Codex: Space Marines will be swiftly followed by the Grey Knights and Chaos Space Marines with Death Guard not far behind. (Yeah, you read that right – the sons of Mortarion are getting their own codex.)" Sounds like to me GK or CSM are next, with DG coming after both of those codexes are out. 

Edited by Lord Asvaldir

Next month will be the filler month with CSM, GK and what ever else GW can shove in a month as cool down for loyalists hype, DG will be the month after that unfortunately as GW will want a whole month dedicated to them so DG won't be getting anything until after this campaign :)

I wouldn't of minded taking part unfortunately I love too far away from an official store which can take results so can't

Some math.

Codices to be released - 10 (including C:SM, so make it 9).

Weeks left in the year - 23 weeks.

Theoretically, that's a new codex every 2.5 weeks. With the C:SM codex releasing next Saturday (29.07.2017), I'd hazard we'll see codices falling on the following dates;

• Codex: Grey Knights - 12.08.2017
  • Codex: Chaos Space Marines - 26.08.2017
  • Codex: Death Guard - 09.09.2017
  • Unnamed Codex - 23.09.2017
  • Unnamed Codex - 07.10.2017
  • Unnamed Codex - 21.10.2017
  • Unnamed Codex - 04.11.2017
  • Unnamed Codex - 18.11.2017
  • Unnamed Codex - 02.12.2017
Give or take a week either side. I'd imagine we'll see the codex releases take us up until early/mid-December, allowing for a convenient 'Christmas' purchase (could be the relaunch of a Xenos faction with updated troops; Orks, maybe?) whilst also allowing for the Geedub staff to enjoy their Christmas break.