++Fate of Konor - Week 6: Death of a World++

I'm not a fast painter by any standards but I've started on a new army of Iron Warriors. I've got the basics done more or less with two units of 10 marines just needing basing which should see me ready for Thursday evening gaming.

However I thought I'd go all out for week 6 and have just ordered myself a Khorne Lord of Skulls.

Thing is I'm out of the country for weeks 2 and 3.

Cheers

Vogon

Some math.Codices to be released - 10 (including C:SM, so make it 9).Weeks left in the year - 23 weeks.Theoretically, that's a new codex every 2.5 weeks. With the C:SM codex releasing next Saturday (29.07.2017), I'd hazard we'll see codices falling on the following dates;

• Codex: Grey Knights - 12.08.2017
  • Codex: Chaos Space Marines - 26.08.2017
  • Codex: Death Guard - 09.09.2017
  • Unnamed Codex - 23.09.2017
  • Unnamed Codex - 07.10.2017
  • Unnamed Codex - 21.10.2017
  • Unnamed Codex - 04.11.2017
  • Unnamed Codex - 18.11.2017
  • Unnamed Codex - 02.12.2017
Give or take a week either side. I'd imagine we'll see the codex releases take us up until early/mid-December, allowing for a convenient 'Christmas' purchase (could be the relaunch of a Xenos faction with updated troops; Orks, maybe?) whilst also allowing for the Geedub staff to enjoy their Christmas break.

Gees I never actually sat down and thought about that timing. IF Chaos Came out within the next two to three weeks I'd probably flip to them. I honestly didn't think the Konor campaign would still be on during its release. That being said I could easily change alliances ( I asked our GW manager)

I will be bring Ahriman and his Sons to the campaign at my local store.  

I don't have a lot of stuff left to paint unfortunately, but just built a new exalted flamer to cover the elite week.  

So with this topic, I'm going try update it each week with the latest bit on the planet along side the mission as seen on the main post. Again feel free to use this topic post battle report, background - I'm going to possible write up a Narrative, sort like Pete Haines done for his Iron Warriors in the White Dwarf. As well as those take part in the painting side, show the week hobby challenge.

I've got my first game for the Fate of Konor tomorrow. I'm really looking forward to this & it will be against Necrons, 120 Power points.

gallery_13342_13449_101079.jpg

​Edit - Add in the link to the recent Regimental Standard article

https://regimental-standard.com/2017/07/26/konor-war-diaries-part-1-astaramis/

Edited by Insane Psychopath

Full day of gaming at the local store for me on Saturday for this. King of the Hill event. Absolutely won't be winning that but hopefully I'll at least win one. Although I've purposefully loaded up on all my troops for the start of the event so that every week from here on out I can add fun units (every week its 10 power we can add) so I'm not expecting to do much to begin with Edited by aceytrixx

Let's crush Konor for the dark gods! I want every one to note the outcome of your games in this thread so that we may get a feeling how Chaos performes in the campaign. I will probably face Scions on Friday and Orks tomorrow. May their despair please Nurgle...!

It is done! My forces have flooded into Astramis and encountered a bunch of Orks, looting scrap that all the previous firefights have left. They even managed to build a Meka Dread from the rubble but it was brought down like the rest of the army, their weapons rusting away and their warcries soon turning into gurling groans as Nurgle's plagues run rampant among the Greenskins. 

Thus the campaign has begone with a victory for Chaos! The Acolytes have gazed into the warp and are warning that there will be an Imperial response in the near future. In the distance I can almost hear the Valkyries screaming towards my legion...

Got my chaos victory in today. The dark gods must have truly blessed my dice today because I was rolling hot. I played Tactical Escalation against Necrons and won 12 to 7.

No DttFE for me because I was fighting xenos, but my helbrute rolled a six for crazed after he took his only wound of the game and smashed two praetorians. So that was pretty cool.

I also managed, in true Night Lord's fashion, to score Psychological Warfare vs Necrons.

At the end of the day the Warhammer store in Huntsville, AL is 100% Chaos controlled, and my goal is to keep it that way.

Check out the Fate of Konor web site, with interacting map

https://konor.warhammer40000.com/

I'm going to try get a game tomorrow if possible, if not then I've got one next week that 125 power level against Space Wolves.  My local store seem to be majority of Chaos that the moment when talk to other hobbiest two day ago on this.

I just fed my first point to the Imperials after a 2.000pts game against grey knights.. It was a hard fought battle with a grand counter charge from my Slaaneshi Host, MVP helbrutes ripping into stuff with their blastmasters, and a sneaky chaos rhino doing gods work with its combi-melta.

Ultimately though, we had exhausted each other totally, and the sustained smites from the grey knights brought me at ten cultists, a barely alive chaos spawn and three noise marines against ten force falchion wielding grey knights in power armour and a two-wound dread knight.

Had the game ended in turn five I would have grabbed the victory from just under his nose, though we had to continue on to turn six where he ripped the cultists apart with the dreadknights flamer and gatling, claiming the objective.

Lesson: do not underestimate an army where even the most basic troops wield stormbolters, giving them four shots each at 12" range.

I'll go atone now, and plan for my next victory. I'm also hoping to finish a dreadnought today to at least give us those points!

Just as predicted the Imperium send a rapid response team towards my advancing legion. Valkyries screamed through the sky, dropping Scions to the ground. This was more of a fight and a delightful opportunity to share Nurgle's gifts with the Imperial troops! Like the sword of the Emperor himself, the Scions fell upon my lines, cutting down a Bloat Drone and some Plague Marines before the 14th Legion could react. But close and brutal firefights are our forte and my Legion doesn't pride itself for its resilience for nothing. And so the Scions had to watch in horror as what they thought would be a brutal alpha strike was shrugged off by the bloated creatures in front of them. Now it was my turn to strike back! The first two Melta squads got immolated in a firestorm of burning Promethium, Boltershells and superhot Plasma. The counter-offense had begone and soon the Militarum Tempestus was forced back as their comrades rose again in shambling hordes. There was no escape, there was no hope and at the end of the day all fortified positions had been overrun as the Death Guard carved out another swath of new territory for its own.

Second victory for Chaos!

Konor Game 2

Konor Game 2 again

Played at a tournament at my local GW today where all games counted towards the campaign. First game I was crushed beneath the tracks of a mighty AM tank army, but then I turned it around and won my next two games. So net I've added a victory for the forces of Chaos!

Can Xenos even decide where they put their points when playing against Chaos or Imperium? Ah well I won't object. It's already hard enough for Chaos as is. :D