++Fate of Konor - Week 6: Death of a World++

Boggles the mind. I legitimately do not understand why they would not want Mortarion and his boys out as part of the campaign, ensuring that both sides are building, painting and playing. Objectively stupid move on the part of GW. I mean, load up the campaign website, and what do you see?

Ultramar burns. The putrid warbands of the Death Guard, led by the Daemon Primarch Mortarion, have launched a furious assault upon the Ultramarines’ stellar empire. This eruption of all-out war threatens to drown the stars themselves in bloodshed and terror. Legions of Heretic Astartes and Chaos-spawned monstrosities have already rampaged across world after world, spreading the malignant corruption of the Dark Gods in their wake. Yet all hope is not lost. The return of the Primarch Roboute Guilliman has stalled the seemingly unstoppable momentum of the Chaos advance.

Imagine if, instead, Mortarion was introduced near the beginning of the campaign, giving Chaos an inevitable boost and allowing them to set up some cataclysmic final scenarios in the last few weeks, as Guilliman arrived to bring the fight to the Death Lord? Instead, we get a CSM codex release with no accompanying models.

I've spoken to my local store manager and he's pretty much said what OnboardG1 said, and that frustrates me a lot.

/rantover

Well if my gameclub is anything to go by, the Imperium loses points not because of Chaos, since we play CSM only in three, but because of the many Xenos armies that are being played here. That and because as you have said, the Imperials have tons of stuff to paint (and I am lazy :rolleyes:  ).

Played my campaign game this week and won.  That sustained assault rule was brutal.  I was playing a Admech army with a ton of robots and Cawl.  My opponent never failed a single 4+ roll to bring his stuff back.  He must have recycled over 600pts easily in a 1000pts game including Cawl himself!

To make matters worse we went all the way to turn 7:down:

So how I did I squeak by?  I put my objectives as far back from my opponents deployment zone in cover to make him walk as far as possible (which was tough as the bots move 8" advance D6 and were armed with 12" range flamers so he didn't care about advancing and losing firepower)  My Zombie squads sat on the objective holding them while my two bloat drones shot forward into my opponent's army to district them.  Thanks to their high durability, speed and fly key word they were able to district and slow down his army for a couple of turns.  My Hellforged Contemptor sat in cover benefiting form the -1 to hit spell from my plaguecaster before being assaulted by the robots and eventually destroyed. 

The hero of the game was Typhus who DS behind the Admech lines Turn one to fight Cawl and district my opponent from moving everything he had up the board to grab the objectives.  He was a beast even though he was being tag teamed by Cawl and a Culexus assassin (he killed them each once only for them to recycle immediately the next turn right next to Typhus)  I was rolling hot for his saves and casting the -1 to hit spell on him after the dredd died to help keep him alive although he eventually died. 

In the end I was able to district and slow down enough of his army in order to hold 2 objectives to his 1 at the end of turn 7. 

I've also been scoring points via painting.  I painted my Bloat drones in vehicle week and my plagucaster in pysker week for double points as well as 30 zombies (4 away from 40 being painted!).:biggrin.:

Won my battle this week....except it was CSM vs. Khorne Daemons, so that'd be one for the win column regardless of the outcome. We house ruled away the sustained assault rule because we both agreed it was ridiculous. My opponent won the roll-off for attacker/defender and actually chose to defend, I ended up tabling him in about 3 turns. Quite a bit of fun with both of us not really caring about objectives and charging right into one another- mechanized Berzerkers supported by CC Contemptors vs. hordes of Bloodletters, Bloodcrushers, and whatever the ones riding the Bloodcrushers are called along with some Forgefiends. Khorne was pleased.

Is it annoying that GW doesn't give all of us 40k nuts love? Yes. But at the end of the day they are a gaming company that has two ranges of models that both need love. 40k has taken the front page for the past few months and they needed to throw something at the AOS people.

But sfPanzer has it right. Our line is outdated and it is hard to get new people into chaos when the Marines are the poster children of GW and from a business perspective keeping the flow steady with Marines keeps the money rolling. We've gotten a lot of rules support for the past 6 months but it just hasn't translated to models yet, or at least to the extent that we would want to see.

But GW knows this and our line is pretty expansive. Marines use most of the same bodies and such, chaos to give it justice can't do the same as easily.

...Shouldn't Vanitor have been the first strike?

All space marines are "shock and awe" super soldiers. You knock out communication/reinforcement, then get down to business of other targets.

It could have presented an opportunity for the Imperium to try and take it back to desperately get reinforcement.

Edited by Trevak Dal

Tomorrow my Vectorum will face the Astra Militarum. The fleshsacks will come with their tanks and their troops and their valour. And each they shall break on my ranks. The Konorian Relay is ours and they are fools for thinking they can take it from the Death Guard!

The planet is still in our hands. I am fed up with the Imperium cruising from victory to victory. Crush their advance, brothers! Ultramar shall burn and the Imperium players shall taste defeat for the first time in a long while!

As promised, I have faced the Astra Militarum today and it ended with another victory for Chaos !

Scions dropped in wave after wave. But like a sword blunting itself on hardened steel they didn't manage to break through. This marks the fifth victory for my Vectorum. I just hope it is enough to hold the planet this time...!

I had my game against Grey Knights, they too were like a sword but rather than blunting, after the 3rd or 4th go the horde of terminators got through. I was winning right up until the very last turn, turn 7. If it ended at the random battle lengths I would have won. Was still a fun game though, Voldus' mind melted. 

++News from the Front++

Chaos victory on Vanitor.

Once I'm on my lap top, as usely get the mission & detail posted up on here.

When this week mission happen.  Painting & bonus point in games is Flyer/Fast Attack units.  I'm currently getting a unit of Biker done for this.

Mission is now up on the Fate of Konor web site.  Again I'll get these quote onto here later today.

Pretty much, Chaos are attack & I'd suggest not taken a stastic army list or leave any units behind!!!!  With the collapsing ground rule in effect :sick:

Edit - I've just re-read the mission, Chaos are defender & Imperial are attack.

Edited by Insane Psychopath

Wow if we go first we can force a lot of non-fly units to get automatically slain by just charging with Heldrakes, winged Daemon Princes and Raptors. Or Bikes even, they should be fast enough to retreat before the ground collapses under them.

We just need to make sure that in the meantime the enemy doesn't drop behind us and just leaves through the exit....some Cultist conga lines should work wonders here.

Honestly, this mission seems to be quite in favor for CSM lol