Chapter Focus: The Imperial Fists, Crimson Fists and Black T

Banjulhu

+ ABHOR THE WITCH +

Thanks GW! :wub:

No kidding!  Forget Psykers, BT now have the best psychic defense possible by not needing to make opposed rolls.  Even better, it's only 1 CP so it'll be easy to use as frequently as necessary, and if you're desperate you can use the re-roll Strategem as well!

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/07/21/chapter-focus-the-imperial-fists-crimson-fists-and-black-templars-july21gw-homepage-post-3/

The BT focus is up so go check it out.  

Also we do have an anti-psychic stratagem.

IFChapterFocusStratagem3sdx.jpg

Not bad as this fit the theme of BT much more than the CT so I'm happy about this.  I do wish we had some insight into the warlord trait and the relic.  

Also the article is basically buy our new primaries models because they will make BT great.  

I still believe the CT is meh but better than nothing.  On the counter point I could not be happier about our characters and how much they help BT and feel spot on.  The stratagem is good but I'm still not sure what I think of mechanism of stratagems in general.   

Edit: The other post was not up when I was putting this together.

Edited by balordazul

"Every unit with the Black Templars Chapter Tactics can re-roll failed charges; this is an enormous bonus, and one that will make the Black Templars one of the most powerful assault armies not just for the Space Marines but in the entire game.Deep-strikers like Assault Terminators and Inceptors, in particular, are going to be very dangerous in the Black Templars army."

I feel they are over egging it after so many people said to them "Well that's a bit crap".

+ ABHOR THE WITCH +

No kidding!  Forget Psykers, BT now have the best psychic defense possible by not needing to make opposed rolls.  Even better, it's only 1 CP so it'll be easy to use as frequently as necessary, and if you're desperate you can use the re-roll Strategem as well!

Especially now that you don't need to waste re-rolls for failed charges! :devil:

This is great, 1 CP for a straight up 50% chance to completely deny those filthy witches. Now all those CP that you aren't wasting by re-rolling charges look pretty good eh?

Not bad as this fit the theme of BT much more than the CT so I'm happy about this.

I disagree with this. How does charging enemies in close combat not fit the theme of BT?

+ ABHOR THE WITCH +

Aren't you limited to using a stratagem once per phase in matched play?

Edited by Banjulhu

How many CP are you all getting in your normal army now?  3CP is easy and 4CP is doable but beyond that it might be very restricting in force construction to  get more.  So we have on average 3 to maybe as extreme as 6 chances on a 4+ to stop a power.

Not bad but still has some heavy limitation.  

You were really faster than me.

I am all in all very happy with our rules. While I am no fan of rerolling charges. Crusaders and our champion are great. Grimaldus and Helbrecht are very fine too, altough I dont like to unlock things by Special Chracters.

Very happy with the strategem, but you will want to use your command points only in the most dire situations (haveing only 6).

Sidenote: Would have wanted to see Tactic and Warlord trait reversed for the Fists. Trait = +1 fom cover, Warlord = no bonus from cover for enemies.

+ ABHOR THE WITCH +

Aren't you limited to using a stratagem once per phase in matched play?

Isn't every non-Smite power once per phase as well?

"Oh, your super-duper-killy power? 1CP to deny on a 4+, and one more CP to re-roll that."

How many CP are you all getting in your normal army now? 3CP is easy and 4CP is doable but beyond that it might be very restricting in force construction to get more. So we have on average 3 to maybe as extreme as 6 chances on a 4+ to stop a power.

You should be able to get 6CP nonproblem... 3CP for battleforged and 3CP for a battalion

Combined with a re-roll from another command point for that psychic power that MUST be stopped* that gives a 3/4 chance to Deny That Witch! That's the best psychic defence in the game!

* Yes. I know that all Psychic Powers MUST fail. :)

How many CP are you all getting in your normal army now?  3CP is easy and 4CP is doable but beyond that it might be very restricting in force construction to  get more.  So we have on average 3 to maybe as extreme as 6 chances on a 4+ to stop a power.

6 Rolls are more than enough. The enemy witch won't survive more than two rounds anyway.

Edited by Marshal_von_Speer

Very happy with the strategem, but you will want to use your command points only in the most dire situations (haveing only 6).

Another issue ... can only deny the witch once a turn ... better make it count brothers ... don't forget that you can use a CP to re-roll that deny roll .... for when it REALLY matters