Codex wishes

Atrus

With rumours abounding of Sororitas/Ministorum cod3x later this year; what are your hopes and wishes for a proper codex release?

Personally I wish for more personalisation of generic units. As much as geedub wants to shove down our throats all their special characters, I want to field my own characters. I would like to field my Cannoness eith jump pack and plasma and inferno pistol. 40k to me is supposed to be a vast open universe and being stuck with heaps of named characters takes away from that for me.

I'd be wrapped if there was a generic Saint entry. I remember the witch hu nter codex only had a fluff page on Celestine and the unit itself was just a living saint. Let Celestine have her entry but give us a geberic Living Saint option to personalise.

Some kind of formation or something for multiple Exorcists.

Badically my biggest hope is a return of customisation. I guess the incoming marines codeci will give an idea of what geedubs has in store.

If nothing else I just hope that our units get loadouts befitting their actual role (Celestians I am looking at you)  I find it to be one of my biggest annoyances and it would be really easy to fix.

As for what I actually would like to see, some more units even if only a couple. More options across the board and something that keeps us unique preferably.

I have been a Sisters of Battle player for a long time.

I hope our next codex does not have fewer units than the one before.  Yes, I know that historically this is not what they do with Sisters but a girl can dream, right?

Yeah more units would be good. Anniyed at plastic sisters of silence coming out before SoB. Some actual witch hunting specific units for SoB would have been cool but now Silence has claim to that yet taking more identity from us.

Unique special traits for all the orders would be rawrsome as well as decemt fluff behind each order that isnt just "these girls are super angry; these ones are super repenty; these ones are pretty chill". Bad rules we can deal with. Bad fluff is just rage inducing.

I have been a Sisters of Battle player for a long time.

I hope our next codex does not have fewer units than the one before. Yes, I know that historically this is not what they do with Sisters but a girl can dream, right?

This.

Also: I want the Praesidean Protectiva as a relic. And a 2/3 cp strategem to buff our deny the witch for a turn.

And kind of like the chapter master strategem, but called "Living Saint"

-Jump canoness.

-Alternate HQ, even if it's just one of the existing ones repurposed like the mistress.

-Expanded wargear for celestians. CC weapons, combi-weapons, condemnors, etc.

-Repentia who aren't outdone at anti-tank by knife wielding fanatics and arm-flailing loons.

-Army-wide, or at least seraphim squad access to eviscerators (priced for S6) and meltabombs.

-A reason to take battle sisters other than CPs.

-More firepower from the exorcist than a razorback.

-More speed from the penitent engine than the stubby-legged marine assault dreads.

-Blessed ammunition or something to get the flamers and heavy bolters back in proper contention with stormbolters :p

-Something to help with moral

-Something to help with faith generation/usage such as a command to faith point strategem

-An item for characters to share the faith of nearby units, so repentia don't speed off without their mistress, etc.

Beyond that a lot hinges on new models. The sisters are still limited to the weapons and units from the 2nd and 3rd edition releases completely ruling out things like blob repentia units with mundane weapons, death cultist snipers, new named characters, vehicles like the incarcerator, and so on.

I don't want to lose any units, I want more non-named HQs, and I want rules to differentiate the 6 major orders. I also want us to stick with the holy trinity (flame bolt and melta, with some minor exceptions like we already have)

and if I'm really wish-listing, I want a proper representation of Seraphim :P I mean, lots of the other stuff listed here would be nice, but I'm just talking bear-bones what I'd like to see on a macro level.

Also, remember that Celestine isn't a normal living saint. A living saint is just anyone the ecclesiarchy declares a saint while they're still alive. Having warpy magic isn't a prerequisite. As for new models, I love the ones we have, though the celestine models give me hope that a potential new line would look good.

Yeah i know. But an angel jumping around the battlefield bringing divine wrath looks and feels pretty darn cool. At least to me. I wouldnt be opposed to big E manifesting more of his will like this around his faithful daughters.

<p>

Just to add two more:

• An equivalent to the two-for-one Space Marine Lieutenants
  • A legal option for dual-pistol Characters
Space marine Lieutenants are 2 to a force org slot? We should get palatines like that, and I agree that dual pistols aren't allowed on characters is ridiculous (even though you do have a xeno profile picture *primes flamer* :P)

Battle Sisters: 20 models a unit, twice-four as many special/heavy weapons. 10+ models make them immune to morale tests.

Celestians: Better loadout. Split into two units. Shooty/ranged unit that start with Blessed Bolters, which are Storm Bolters with AP values, but can exchange for heavy/special. Melee unit with storm shields, power weapon choice, and the ability to re-roll a failed saving throw. Both still have the ability to take wounds for a character, both can get jump packs.

Cannoness: Jump Pack.

Seraphim: Instead of making their normal close combat attacks during the fight phase, each model may fire their pistols.

I'd like a unique ability for each Order as well as a number of Strategems equal to the amount of orders at a minimum, but hopefully around 12+.

I don't really want Celestians to get jump packs, it would infringe on the Seraphim's fluff space imo (and apparently I'm the resident Seraphim fanboy (maybe I need to put a banner in my signature)). Other than that I agree, I forgot about the BSS size thing, I'm really sad I can't do squads of 20 anymore for no reason. Well, and for Celestians I'd just have a single squad have options for additional ranged and cc weapons. If they can all take special or heavy weapons they kinda invalidate retributors for just a few more ppm (dominions would still be ok since they have the Vanguard move). I might have to do another "reworking Celestians" thread, although I think they're in a much better place this edition than last edition, since their leadership is pretty dang substantial (that 9 really means something now) and they are the Sister's only bodyguard unit.

I don't really want Celestians to get jump packs, it would infringe on the Seraphim's fluff space imo (and apparently I'm the resident Seraphim fanboy (maybe I need to put a banner in my signature)). Other than that I agree, I forgot about the BSS size thing, I'm really sad I can't do squads of 20 anymore for no reason. Well, and for Celestians I'd just have a single squad have options for additional ranged and cc weapons. If they can all take special or heavy weapons they kinda invalidate retributors for just a few more ppm (dominions would still be ok since they have the Vanguard move). I might have to do another "reworking Celestians" thread, although I think they're in a much better place this edition than last edition, since their leadership is pretty dang substantial (that 9 really means something now) and they are the Sister's only bodyguard unit.

They are our only bodyguard unit, agreed.That is why if the Cannoness gets a Jump Pack, I'd want the only boduguard unit to also have them so they can keep up.

Some form of mid-power (S6) middle ranged (24 inches or so) shooting option. Maybe an Assault Missile Launcher that fires 2 shots, AP-2 ? That would  be thematic if they said it was a sharply scaled down version of the missile fired from the Exorcist, suitable to be carried by a woman in Powered Armor. Classify it as a Heavy Weapon even though it has the profile of Assault 2 to keep folks from freaking out if  Dominions using it would be too powerful. 

Some form of mid-power (S6) middle ranged (24 inches or so) shooting option. Maybe an Assault Missile Launcher that fires 2 shots, AP-2 ? That would  be thematic if they said it was a sharply scaled down version of the missile fired from the Exorcist, suitable to be carried by a woman in Powered Armor. Classify it as a Heavy Weapon even though it has the profile of Assault 2 to keep folks from freaking out if  Dominions using it would be too powerful. 

The Missile Launcher could have two profiles, one with a Melta Charge, useful against vehicles and big creatures, the other with an Incendiary Charge, devastating against infantry!

Oh, and I was forgeting in my wish list: an hq that isn't from Sisterhood but from the Ministorum but that, unlike Uriah Jacob, is not a named character, like a Confessor or a Missionary!

Might be nice to just get more of the weapon options that fit the Trinity that we don't get access to, such as the assault cannon or the flamestorm cannon. Just doesn't makes sense to me that we don't get them.

The Assault Cannon is not a bolt weapon so it doesn't fit the holy Trinity. In my opinion the best substitute of that weapon is the Avenger Bolt Cannon (Heavy 8, F6, AP-2, Damage 1) but it's a bit more powerful.

Yep the Assault cannon is part of the autogun family :D

I'd love to see more weapons in the trinityfor us to use, especially ones that already exist in other parts of the imperial arsenal.

Arg. Watched a You Tube video reviewing the new Space Marine Codex. If we get a Codex it has got to have Stratagems in it or once again it'll be a massive uphill battle against Space Marines.

Arg. Watched a You Tube video reviewing the new Space Marine Codex. If we get a Codex it has got to have Stratagems in it or once again it'll be a massive uphill battle against Space Marines.

I was playing against the Salamanders today (just the chapter tactic, none of the new units or strategems)

Rerolls. Rerolls everywhere. A dozen or more a turn, making absolutely sure those heavy and special weapons inflict wounds.

Didn't save them in the end but the effect was still very pronounced, you really noticed the increase in damage.