Codex wishes

Atrus

If it's good enough for the Heretic Astartes, it's good enough for the Celestians. ;)

Well said.

Where are the Sororitas siege artillery? We need our own Earthshaker cannons to provide counterbattery fire when the Lost and the Damned (and the thrice-damned Iron Warriors) show up!

I just realized how much happier I'd be if new Crusader models were female, they were in the Adepta section, and they had AoF, Zealot, and SoF(Not that it'd matter except for 1d6 Deny) along with a Sister-Superior who had 3 attacks. Of course in my perfect world, any to wound roll of 6+ they make would also cause a mortal wound.

I had read a Facebook post (which I can't find to link to - it's on one of the Sisters pages), that despite their best efforts Forge World have decided to discontinue the Repressor due to repeated failures of a new master mold (as in one made from scratch). The problem, apparently, was that the resin was shrinking too much for them to be happy with. Ugh :sad.:

The problem, apparently, was that the resin was shrinking too much for them to be happy with. Ugh :sad.:

Anyone else hoping Games Workshop will remake the Repressor IN PLASTIC, with revised rules so embarked models can SHOOT FROM IT (as well as the Rhino)?

Or will the whole "Fire Points no longer exist in this game" thing be permanent?

The problem, apparently, was that the resin was shrinking too much for them to be happy with. Ugh :sad.:

Anyone else hoping Games Workshop will remake the Repressor IN PLASTIC, with revised rules so embarked models can SHOOT FROM IT (as well as the Rhino)?

Or will the whole "Fire Points no longer exist in this game" thing be permanent?

I'd prefer plastic, as the Chassis is already plastic. That said, as the rules currently reside with Forge World, I haven't got a clue as to the fate of the Repressor. Are they taking it away? Or finding a way to be able to still sell it?

No idea which way GW/FW is going to go :sad.:

Geedubs would be shooting themselves in the foot if they didnt let the repressor have fire points. Its the main selling point of the model. Without it, its just a rhino with a heavy flamer.

No doubt if they did do it and it had firepoints, itd be a transport available to all imperium and not just sisters....or more likely just make it for astartes only...just because.

Back from the nut house and I've got an idea for another hair brained Sister vehicle. It would be a variant on a demolisher type tank so it uses the rhino chassis. The main gun would be an area effect melta weapon essential designed to melt large holes in fortifications, possibly with sponson flamers or heavy bolsters to fire in the breach. To balance it out a bit for having 1d6 (maybe 1d3) I was thinking something like S7 AP-3 D 1d3 Melta. Obviously the weapon can be adjusted but the idea is to give them a heavier tank that is still unique to the SoB yet fits in the narrow confines of their limited equipment.

I mean, you can shoot from it right now right? 6 models can (I thought).

The 8th Edition rule book and the 8th Edition 'Codex: Space Marines' make no mention of "Fire Points", which make me pessimistic regarding the Repressor's chances.
It already has official FW rules, including 6 fire points . . .

Yes, for 8th edition

Edited by Servant of Dante

I guess I'm just going to always be a little leery of putting a super heavy weapon on a normal model but I'm glad you think the concept is sound. If Knights have a bolter equivalent, it might offer an interesting option for a trade off. I personally would want to avoid a flamer equivalent, and probably the sponsons too, to avoid horning in on the immolator but having all three would kind of make them shrines to their particular weapon type in my mind.

Excommunicator:  Demolisher pattern tank armed with a Thermal Cannon, Avenger Bolt Cannon, or a similar scale Flamer weapon.  Gives the SoB a medium tank.  

Censer: Light Skimmer squad that are armed with a Storm Bolter with Melta Gun upgrade options.  In CC they hit as a Heavy Flamer, to represent the crafts flying overhead while dropping promethium.

Cavaliers: SoB on robot horses with Pistol + CCW.  I was thinking about throwing in Cyber Mastiff add ons to aid in their role of tracking down and flushing out heretics, and giving them ablative wounds to close the distance.

Ofanim: Veteran Seraphim that use an advanced jump pack that was deemed too unsafe by the Imperium as the high speeds can burn through their fuel quickly, though the Ofanim have a miraculously low volume of mishaps.  The idea is an AA/Aircraft option idea to avoid adding in too much new gear, just a faster winged jump pack, and an attempt to be characterful and unique (troops instead of an actual vehicle.  To avoid making the Storm_____ suddenly holy).  Armament is the problem as a Stormbolter would be too weak to deal with an aircraft and meltas for everyone would probably be too much.  I would probably give them an invulnerable save as they would be small and fast targets.

Castigators:  Supposedly chosen by the Emperor, or the voices in their head, they enter battle with no armor (Invulnerable Save as the Emperor protects) and their bolter to take out targets the Emperor has chosen (can target characters).  The other end from Repentias but just as crazy.

My favoutite out of all that is the Excommunicator. Thar is an awesome name and id love to see that on the table. Not too sold on the rest.

Like the idea of the castigators. Not so much the no armour thing but i suppose if they had armour theyd just be a kind of SoS (them able to target cbaracter psykers)

No cyber mastiffs. I associate them with Arbites and i dont want geedub making arbites before new sister stuff :p

Im just not sold on skimmers in imperium armies...

Love the Excommunicator!

Excommunicator: Demolisher pattern tank armed with a Thermal Cannon, Avenger Bolt Cannon, or a similar scale Flamer weapon. Gives the SoB a medium tank.

Good idea.

Censer: Light Skimmer squad that are armed with a Storm Bolter with Melta Gun upgrade options. In CC they hit as a Heavy Flamer, to represent the crafts flying overhead while dropping promethium.

Ofanim: Veteran Seraphim that use an advanced jump pack that was deemed too unsafe by the Imperium as the high speeds can burn through their fuel quickly, though the Ofanim have a miraculously low volume of mishaps. The idea is an AA/Aircraft option idea to avoid adding in too much new gear, just a faster winged jump pack, and an attempt to be characterful and unique (troops instead of an actual vehicle. To avoid making the Storm_____ suddenly holy). Armament is the problem as a Stormbolter would be too weak to deal with an aircraft and meltas for everyone would probably be too much.

Why not combine the two to create a Dogfight-capable Flyer, and use it as a fighter-bomber? I don't see Jump Infantry being of much use against a Flyer- not even with a kamikaze attack- due to a Flyer's obviously superior Movement (Supersonic, to achieve escape velocity) and Toughness (to survive atmospheric reentry).

Castigators: Supposedly chosen by the Emperor, or the voices in their head, they enter battle with no armor (Invulnerable Save as the Emperor protects) and their bolter to take out targets the Emperor has chosen (can target characters). The other end from Repentias but just as crazy.

An interesting idea. I think they'd best be used to lay traps, set ambushes, and serve as snipers. The ability to make an area of the map Dangerous Terrain (due to the Sisters setting minefields and other booby traps), or to Move Through Cover while Shrouded (or whatever the equivalents are for 8th Edition), will be useful. Edited by Bjorn Firewalker

@Atrus: the Castigator idea was so they'd be visually distinct from a normal SoB squad and since the Emperor is telling them who to shoot I figured they'd think he would protect them until they actually do it, so they don't see the need for armor.

@Bjorn: The Censers would be more like crop dusters, only with napalm, than kamikazi. The idea of having a flyer having a forward facing flamer really bugs me and I figured a flyer that is meant for CC is fairly unique. Using Atrus as an example, though, not everyone finds a skimmer (or robot horses or dogs) appropriate for SoB so I was thinking of how to work in a flyer equivalent without bringing in anything new. Seraphim are the only thing they have so that's where the Ofanim idea came from.

Sisters of Battle should not have a flyer. That is the purview of the Imperial Navy. If they must have air support, it should come from the Navy and not some bizzare kind of internal air force. No and no again. It's bad enough that the Space Marines get their own fighters other than the Thunderhawk (he says, owning a Stormtalon).

I do like the Excommunicator though! A lot! :D

Sisters of Battle should not have a flyer. That is the purview of the Imperial Navy. If they must have air support, it should come from the Navy and not some bizzare kind of internal air force. No and no again. It's bad enough that the Space Marines get their own fighters other than the Thunderhawk (he says, owning a Stormtalon).

I do like the Excommunicator though! A lot! :biggrin.:

As seen in Daemonifuge Sisters of Battle have their own Battleship, I cannot understand why they shouldn't have some Flyer. More than that the Sisterhood is NOT part of the Imperium's military forces, but of Ecclesiarchy's ones. They have a completly different command chain, and they are more a "private" army (even if less private than the old Frateris Templar).