Codex wishes

Atrus

I hate to say it -- mainly because I'm going to sound like a whiny Chaos Space Marine player, but man would I love an updated version of Codex: Witchhunters. That was the apex of Sisterly codexes (codexen? codeci? whatever) but I have to admit the Index rules aren't bad...like, at all.

Now with some expansion and fluffing out (and a more scalable AoF system that doesn't involve a 4+ and birdhouse girls) and we'd be in business.

I fully expect none of it, though.

People keep saying this and I never get why, unless you're playing at like 3000pts.

At 2k I constantly have too many AoFs and not enough units to use them on for the first 2 turns.

Please no frateris militia or cultists. As much fun as it would be to be railroaded in to taking a bunch of random shmucks for extra CP everygame, I play SoB to play SoB, not 'random losers in shoddy outfits'+immolators.

Please no frateris militia or cultists. As much fun as it would be to be railroaded in to taking a bunch of random shmucks for extra CP everygame, I play SoB to play SoB, not 'random losers in shoddy outfits'+immolators.

The original codex (2nd ed) was close to 50/50 church and sisters. They have really watered down that part of the faction over the years.

I'd love to see *armoured* repentia. They're going to fight and pay until they repent, but they aren't getting out easy.

Models that aren't overwhelmingly boob-plated, or tiny-waisted.

I've really come around on the idea of Sisters getting some of the cool power armour upgrades - perhaps it's they who inherited the Mk IX armour? Slaughter than Mark X, harkens back to Mk I in that it doesn't need black carapace, easily upgrades into Centurion and Gravis harnesses.

Get some serious tanks on the way, not second-hand Marine tanks. Super-heavy bulldozer churches, vigil-holding anti-air and anti-tank weapons. (Something between the Plague Crawler and Demolisher, but with a grand ol' upscaled melta-cannon.)

I'd love to see some deviation away from prayers/miracles, and more to do with the 'mind over matter' bad-assery that comes coupled to horrifying facist dogma.

They don't rely-on or summon angels. Recognising that there are no angels coming to save the day, they themselves enact the Emperor's Will through sheer brutal grit.

(I'm not a fan of making them overly 'lovely' or 'dainty', especially compared to the Imperial Guard. Next to Primaris Marines, maybe, but next to an Imperial Guard I'd expect them to be horrifyingly intimidating, about as brutal as humanity gets short of the Inquisition. Not that I especially like brutality per se, but if it's a choice between that and fae cutesy angels as icons of ye olde Catholic acceptable femininity, I'll take the brutality.)

I really just want the exorcist to be usable again. Give it grinding advance and reduce the cost by 25 pts.

Add in a strategem that allows you to fire a third time, but if you roll a 1 for number of shots it jams.

I'd like to see a stratagem that gives one unit's flamers, heavy flamers, and hand flamers damage 2 for a round of shooting (before rolling dice for shots). Alternatively, or in addition, a stratagem that lets you reroll any dice when rolling to determine the number of shots from a unit's flamers, heavy flamers, and hand flamers. Edited by Ficinus

... that lets you reroll any dice when rolling to determine the number of shots from a unit's flamers, heavy flamers, and hand flamers.

Anyone remember that promethium pipeline terrain kit they had out a bit ago? We'll get a dual kit tank that has one version build into a giant fuel transport that'll project a short ranged aura that'll provide a massive buff to the flamer weapons of near-by units representing their ability to abandon fuel rationing protocols in its presence by just hooking their nozzles up.

So, not a stratagem, but a new unit.

Ok I'll chime in here.....

1- Second Non Named Character HQ example Palatine.

2- Jump Pack for Canoness/ Palatine.

3- Repentia better save 4+/ 5+ and a 5++ non melee invulnerable save.

4- Make Celestians useful.

5- Redemptionist/ Frateris Milita (make them garbage but only allow one large mob)

6- Make the Heavy Flamer Assault not Heavy in Adeptus Ministorum codex or ignore cover.

7- Bring Back Arch Confessor Kyrinov.

8- Bring Back different non named character Priestly delegation options (Confessor, missionary, priest).

9- Make priests so that they can field more than 1 for an elite slot (1-3), Confessor HQ, Missionary lone model Elite.

10- Make the Exorcists scary again.

11- Make the Shield Faith Psyker save usable. 

12- Put the mistress back in the Repentia squad.

13.- Anti "Fly" Exorcist Missiles.

14- Adepta Sororitas Order Tactics for the Major 6 Orders

If a model line to match Celestine and the Gemini is released I'll be on them like a rash. I think Sisters have the potential to be a better army on the tabletop than Marines.

By the way, it has been suggested to me that the codex will be released around March, but don't hold me accountable for this rumour!

If a model line to match Celestine and the Gemini is released I'll be on them like a rash.

There is a not uncommon sentiment within the Sororita fan community that expresses trepidation around any mass plastic release and the influx of unpleasant band-waggoneers that it may bring who're not already appreciated members of the community.

Besides, Primaris Marines are more likely to see the regular kit releases you've expressed a craving for.

There's this one idea i've had tickling the back of my mind for a good long while, that would do exactly that. 

Special Bolter Ammo. 

Honestly i'm surprised that GW has never done this for sisters, as it requires no changes to the existing model line while still 'upgrading' a unit.  From a business sense, it's offers a good ROI as implementation wouldn't cost anything GW"s not already paying (rules writers, play testing, codex printing) while value adding to an existing model range and thus possibly generating more sales.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed for this in the rumored January codex next year

I would rather see Celestians get heir own chance at an AoF or aura buff ability, and wargear options rather than become Sternguard light Sisters. I agree though, only real stinker in the dex apart from the lack of generic HQ and our lackluster Elite characters, they need to be fixed.

...only real stinker in the dex apart from the lack of generic HQ and our lackluster Elite characters

The exorcist is losing ground on the other tanks at a rate of knots even before you get into tank vs heavy weapon infantry.

3.5 shots, S8, 2 damage vs 3.5 damage, S9, 2 shots - it's barely hanging with an unbuffed razorback.

There's this one idea i've had tickling the back of my mind for a good long while, that would do exactly that. 

Special Bolter Ammo. 

Honestly i'm surprised that GW has never done this for sisters, as it requires no changes to the existing model line while still 'upgrading' a unit.  From a business sense, it's offers a good ROI as implementation wouldn't cost anything GW"s not already paying (rules writers, play testing, codex printing) while value adding to an existing model range and thus possibly generating more sales.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed for this in the rumored January codex next year

I would rather see Celestians get heir own chance at an AoF or aura buff ability, and wargear options rather than become Sternguard light Sisters. I agree though, only real stinker in the dex apart from the lack of generic HQ and our lackluster Elite characters, they need to be fixed.

Part of me likes the sterngurd light sister aspect the other dislikes it. I do not want them melee oriented unless they give them melee weapon options 

See, I feel like Celestians are almost there. I use them in small point games, and.they do pretty well. The problem is they are 2 pts more expensive than a bs but gain +1 attack and the ability to be a wound for a Cannoness. Which is useful, but doesn't make me want to take them over anything else.

My suggestion: bring back Sarissas. Reroll failed to wounds, have them cost 1 pt and decrease the cost of the Celestian by one, and allow all celestians to take them.

That way with a priest present, all cells are doing 3 attacks, hitting on 3+'s and wounding on 5+'s but rerolling failed. It should make them at least good a killing chaff.

Edited by Beams

...only real stinker in the dex apart from the lack of generic HQ and our lackluster Elite characters

The exorcist is losing ground on the other tanks at a rate of knots even before you get into tank vs heavy weapon infantry.

3.5 shots, S8, 2 damage vs 3.5 damage, S9, 2 shots - it's barely hanging with an unbuffed razorback.

Thats just a points drop to fix though, and GW is handing those out liberally. The Celestians rules don't give you a reason to take them over Doms or BSS. They need to change the unit so that they have a place in lists. Right now they don't, hence, stinker. Exorcists as they are aren't great, but they at least have a role they can fill besides just looking cool.

In my 7E codex (and the 8E one I’m doing) I’m letting Celestians take 3 special/heavy weapons in any combination at any squad size and praesidium protective, though those might only work in cc for this Codex since that’s what they did in 2E, and I want to keep close to that representation rather than just making them storm shields with a different name.

Oh and I gave them a +1 to SoF saves, for a bit of extra survivability. This all came out of a thread I did sometime in 7E, Furyou Miko contributed to that one, since they were still active around here at the time (‘twas a fun thread for me :P )

Edited by Servant of Dante

I was looking at the Inquisition psychic power Terrify, and I would love to get an Act of Faith which would work in similar fashion: you would place the Act on a friendly Order unit, such as Repentia, and the enemy Unit that they charge would not be able to fire Overwatch against them.

What's the actual likelihood of the girls getting a new codex?  We don't have the unit count to really form our own book (unless they release new units, which seems very unlikely).  More probable is it would be a combined Adepta Sororitas/Inq book with separate stratagems for each faction.  Granted GW has been pretty good about releasing new books on the regular, but there are still a lot of the "main" factions left to go...Tyranids, Orks, Necrons, Tau, Dark Eldar, Blood Angels, Dark Angels, Space Wolves.  My guess is we'll be released around the same time as the other "outlier" factions like Deathwatch, Gene Stealer Cults, and Ynnari.

After playing against some of the new releases it's clear that the index factions are starting to lose serious ground compared to the Codexes, particularly especially against faction specific stratagems and relics...

More probable is it would be a combined Adepta Sororitas/Inq book with separate stratagems for each faction.

I agree 100%, along with the other 'Talons of the Emperor'.  Perhaps even Deathwatch thrown in for good measure, but my gut tells me that Deathwatch is going to be a big release for GW beginning of next year as a foil against all the Eldar and 'Nid armies that'll be hitting the tabletops.   We might be snuck in along with them, like a Witchhunters 2: Imperial Boogaloo codex, minus the Gray Knights but with SoS and Custodes in their place.  Doubt it'll be as 'Soup friendly' as the old Witchhunters codex, however. 

Slaanesh sent me due to your 'indiscretion', I'm here to tear your soul apart!!

*Applies end of bolt pistol barrel to fuel canister of heavy flamer*

For the Emperor!