Codex wishes

Atrus

>I would like a relic that adds 2d6 to our Shield of Faith to deny Witches. Give some teeth to the statement that Sisters are the best anti-witch army.

>Plastic Sisters

>More weapon options or mêlée Celestians.

I'd like to see the Canoness get some more options - most notably a Jump Pack and Blessed Weapon.

I also think she could do with some sort of buff relating to Acts of Faith - like being able to hand out an extra Act of Faith on a 3+. Or even just being able to use a free Act of Faith on herself each turn.  

I'd be wrapped if there was a generic Saint entry. I remember the witch hu nter codex only had a fluff page on Celestine and the unit itself was just a living saint. Let Celestine have her entry but give us a geberic Living Saint option to personalise.

I'd really love for this to happen. I made a Fallen Angel style Living Saint and I hate that I can only run it as St. Celestine. :down:

I also think she could do with some sort of buff relating to Acts of Faith - like being able to hand out an extra Act of Faith on a 3+. Or even just being able to use a free Act of Faith on herself each turn. 

A more general problem i'm seeing, which would apply particularly for a jump canoness, is squads outrunning their support characters with faith. It's quite possibly how Celestine ended up with hers after playtesting.

What a Sisters army needs most, in my opinion:

1) Attack flyers capable of dogfighting, e.g., a Stormhawk equivalent.

2) Transport flyers. A Stormraven is ideal, but a Valkyrie variant is acceptable.

3) Powerful direct-fire weapons, e.g., a Sororitas Vindicator.

I really do not want a Valkyrie, stormravens or vindicator, unless they are their own variant, otherwise just a slightly more expensive version with a 6++ would just be sad.

But a Valkyrie with multimeltas and flamer sponsons? A vindicator whose cannon is replaced with a massive melta beam? Sure, that'd be cool.

I really do not want a Valkyrie, stormravens or vindicator, unless they are their own variant, otherwise just a slightly more expensive version with a 6++ would just be sad.

But a Valkyrie with multimeltas and flamer sponsons? A vindicator whose cannon is replaced with a massive melta beam? Sure, that'd be cool.

Please no, flyer with flamer weapon are so damn silly!

hmmm...... SoB codex wishes;

-Main one would be to give back options that were taken away. Such as a Jump pack Cannones and Gun-slinging options for the Cannones and others that were able to do it.

-Bringing back some of the pure SoB unit profiles would be nice. Palatine ( could be similar to the new SM Lieutenants ) or simply as an alternate cheaper cannoness (stat line adjusted appropriately one less on the Wounds, attacks and LD like previous codexes)

-Bring Back Old characters and add some new ones (one or two would be nice)

-Priest options; Ministorum Priest, Confessor, Missionary

-Expand equipment options for some existing unit options.  Allowing Celestians to have similar customization options as other "honer guard" like units in other factions as they are veterans and body guard (for example space wolves wolf guard) allow the full squad options to the Ranged weapons, Special weapons, Heavy weapon, Melee Weapons and Pistols. Treat them more like body guard than a separate unit like a BSS.

-Add the Avenger Strike Fighter into the codex would be nice

-A dreadnought esk unit that SoB specific (sure we have a Penitent Engine) but more so a SoB Dreadnought like unit that has shield of faith. Simple option would be to change the Penitent Engine to a "Repentia Penitent Engine" to grant it the *Shield of Faith* ability so that it may have some more staying power.

-A flyer that uses a Bolter and Melta load-out or maybe an additional option for anti aircraft (alternate fire mode for exorcists with anti air missiles perhaps)

-Stratigemes appropriate to SoB

-A build your own saint (adding this to my list from a previous suggestion already in this thread.) A stat line with plenty of weapon, armor and equipment options. While not as good as Saint Celestine but more flexible for most options.  such as Gunline, Gunslinger, melee, support buff.

Let's take a moment to appreciate the fact that we can't possibly lose anything meaningful if the codex comes out.

Oh no combi-weapons? Meh, converting metal sucks. Oh, we actually have models with all the other very very very few options we have available to us? Suck it space marines!(I'm very sorry for your loss.)

For realsies though:

Bikes(preferably melee with repentia riders) Think 'Ducati' rather than 'Harley if they made dirt bikes' though.

More HQ options, preferably something with mobility or strong anti-psychic.

Something useful out of the elite slot that isn't a character. Would love to see something like a terminator or Aggressor

Some kind of...not stealth unit because that's not the sister's deal but something backline and tricksy.

Vehicles, something heavier than an exorcist as well as something lighter than a rhino.

More long range firepower, both adjustments to rets and something new. I like that the range banding tends to be either "See that little speck over there?" And "Way up in that" but some cover fire would be great.

Angels, basically either of the DW:SS unuts (Just make the giant one something other than a living saint.)

The one I want most though is a berserker unit. I want a unit that in the fluff and on the table just buries the enemy in raw hatred and aggression (mostly because it plays up my headcanoning that SoB are a foil to Khornate cultists.) Oh, if they're not fully clothed they don't count.

A lot of these suggestions would fundamentally change the way the Sisters operate, fluff-wise, which is definately not something I want . . .

At this moment, fighting with a Sisters army is like assembling a jigsaw puzzle that's missing half its pieces; we need allies in the Inquisition, the Astra Militarum, or the Space Marines to "finish the puzzle," i.e., perform functions an army needs for combined arms tactics. The Sisters deserve to operate their own flyers, bikes and/or jetbikes, tank and/or tank hunters, instead of

1) Begging some Inquisitor, Astra Militarum colonel, or Space Marine Captain for continuous aid, like a stereotypical "welfare mother," or

2) Charging into the face of the enemy's field artillery- facing air strikes, sniper fire, and flanking attacks fron enemy tanks the entire time- like a Khorne berserker, only to fail due to attrition they suffered from the aforementioned artillery.

The Sisters deserve an army that can stand and fight on its own.

I mean, we don't need anything to function, but it would help...

We can win games, and if we run our top lists, we can table most things.

All we really need is more affordable models so we can take advantage of our capababilities.

No matter how good Seraphim are, we can't really utilize them at $110 a squad.

Drop pods? Once upon a time there was that citadel journal list with 'em.

I'd like it to go in the direction of Codex:Ministorum, and include odd ball musters like feudal world cavalry and trebuchets with high explosives instead of rocks. Hive gang militias. Maybe co-operation with the local Arbites, maybe not. Local scouts recruited by sisters sabine.

Shrine on tracks, maybe with the option of an arc-of-the-covenant style box mounted on the front.

Rhino born avenger bolt-gun mounted as an assault gun.

Missile launchers that bring back melta-missiles and incendiary rounds.

Corvus Blackstar?

I'd like my flying nuns back too.

To expand on Order specific rules, one Order known for flanking manuevers or speed might be able to have a Canoness in a Transport with Dominions and still make a Vanguard move; another known for firepower might get an ability allowing +1 to To Wound Rolls for Heavy Support with a Canoness within 6" of the firing unit; another Order could get Bolter Drill as the Imperial Fists do. Not game breaking nor theme changing but fun and useful.

A lot of these suggestions would fundamentally change the way the Sisters operate, fluff-wise, which is definately not something I want . . .

No offense, man, but it seems to me (based on past posts) that it's not so much it'll change their fluff as much as it'll change your head canon of Sisters, and those are two completely different things.

Besides, this is a wish list thread, so why not wish list? :D

Sisters honestly don't have all that much to go on fluffwise, especially compared to say...Tau, who are much newer but have probably 10-20 times the number of words devoted to them.

Sisters could add basically anything to the army and be justified. I mean, SoB are supposed to the militant arm of one of the richest organizations in the galaxy right? How come we never see that expressed on the table?

Would it work if the Sisters get equivalent vehicles with an appropriate aesthetic, e.g., the jetbike shaped like a giant fleur-de-lis, which Red_Shift made for the Order of the Bloody Rose? The Sisters still need certain niches filled, e.g., dogfight-capable flyers and powerful direct-fire weapons. If they don't get Vindicators, either give them Leman Russ Demolishers, or shoehorn a Demolisher cannon into a walking bell tower.

Would it work if the Sisters get equivalent vehicles with an appropriate aesthetic, e.g., the jetbike shaped like a giant fleur-de-lis, which Red_Shift made for the Order of the Bloody Rose? The Sisters still need certain niches filled, e.g., dogfight-capable flyers and powerful direct-fire weapons. If they don't get Vindicators, either give them Leman Russ Demolishers, or shoehorn a Demolisher cannon into a walking bell tower.

As long as they fit the look that'd be a serviceable option, but I'd like to see them do something more interesting.

Just making churchy versions of marine vehicles misses out on some golden opportunities to do some really neat stuff, like flamers on bikes or like... a melta torpedo, 48" range roll 2d6 take the highest if target is OVER half range. Or what about a fast light vehicle with a mega bolter on it?

As long as they fit the look that'd be a serviceable option, but I'd like to see them do something more interesting.

Just making churchy versions of marine vehicles misses out on some golden opportunities to do some really neat stuff, like flamers on bikes or like... a melta torpedo, 48" range roll 2d6 take the highest if target is OVER half range. Or what about a fast light vehicle with a mega bolter on it?

Mmmm; instant mental image of a Baneblade-like tank made into a rolling cathedral brimming with Multi-meltas and heavy flamers.  Big ole speakers blaring out the hymns of a choir inside and a bell tolling the sisters impending victory and the heretics imminent doom.

In all honesty, we've been stuck with the same units for so long, I can't think of any additions we could have that wouldn't immediately make me cringe and compare to another army.  This could just be my homoeostasis kicking in of course.

It would be quite cool to have a unique church-on-tracks type super-heavy. Something with inferno cannons for heretic-burning, maybe, or melta cannons.

Like a Baneblade on wine and wafers. :P