Codex wishes

Atrus

thats all assuming that it's the character that dies that gets the AoF. I'm reading it as use the strat to give yourself an immediate AoF to be used on any unit with the AoF rule when a character dies. If the latter, could well be a 6" distance limit to the dead character much like soulburst.

Right, this would tie in with the traditional Sisters Martyrdom rule. The character killed doesn't get the bonus AoF, another unit or character inspired by their sacrifice does. Will be interesting to see the entire wording of the rule.

I like the DtW Strategem as well. Would be great to deny a fully buffed up Magnus power you really don't want to see go off simply by getting a 4. Might be worth a CP re-roll just to tick the freak off.

I think the relic blade might be nice to put on the Seraphim superior running tag along with Celestine if you cant give it to a Geminae (I suspect we wont). I still like my Canoness to run just a SB. Still hope the Eviscerator gets the PF point reduction (or better).

Edited by dracpanzer

With any luck a few of our melee weapons will get a points reduction in the same way certain ranged weapons are cheaper on models with vs 4+ than on models with vs 3+

We pay the same as guard for everything but eviscerators, which while I would hope go down a few points, are well worth he 22 on a Cannoness.

I don't like that. She's a huge boon to imperium armies, as two units with 2 AoF is awesome, but 2 AoF and 2000pts of units isn't as awesome. And they bumped the malefic lord up to 80pts, which seems like it made them worthless. I don't trust GW to keep my favorite model usable. I've used her since she was terrible, and I'll keep using her, but at least for a little bit she was good.

With any luck a few of our melee weapons will get a points reduction in the same way certain ranged weapons are cheaper on models with vs 4+ than on models with vs 3+

We pay the same as guard for everything but eviscerators, which while I would hope go down a few points, are well worth he 22 on a Cannoness.
Power Fists were 22, they got cut to what, 12?

If they don't cut its cost, I will just use the Relic Blade instead.

I don't like that. She's a huge boon to imperium armies, as two units with 2 AoF is awesome, but 2 AoF and 2000pts of units isn't as awesome. And they bumped the malefic lord up to 80pts, which seems like it made them worthless. I don't trust GW to keep my favorite model usable. I've used her since she was terrible, and I'll keep using her, but at least for a little bit she was good.

G-Man got a 25 point increase. Edited by dracpanzer

Yeah, I mean, Powerfist are *technically* worse, since they have a -3 instead of a -4, but they aren't ten points less. And yeah, the relic blade will save you 18 pts. So if your only running one cannoness it's prolly worth it. That said, pre codex, a pair of Cannoni with eviscerators demolished a Swarm Lord for me, so I'm partial to them.

Posted (edited) · Hidden by Aqui, November 23, 2017 - as requested
Hidden by Aqui, November 23, 2017 - as requested

*edit* Nevermind, I was looking at the wrong information. Mods feel free to delete this if you can.

Edited by Montford981

Did you guys notice that on the Warhammer Community Page the post from today: "Get Ready for Chapter Approved: Matched Play Updates" states that there is a points cost increase for Celestine?   I wonder how much.... 

Likely up to 50 points unless they go all malefic lord on her. Repressor is also likely in line for a hit, going to be rough if all the sisters get in return is a canoness with a strength 5 power sword and a 6" aura of moral re-rolls.

Is she good enough at 300 points (with both Geminae)?  Is she balanced at 300?  I would still most certainly take her at that cost, in most games that have any kind of competitive context at all.  So I would be fine with a 50 point jump. 

I have always loved Dominions, and while I went far beyond what SB Dom model count I need, I got enough to use them as a sizeable force even in Apoc.  I will still probably run six squads at least, mixed SB and MG, in a competitive scene until (if....) our Codex comes out. 

I avoid named characters in most lists, and in general prefer specaial characters to be costed to be more situational than auto includes so I’m fine with this

I’ll continue to take blob BSSs no matter how bad they get! :P (seems that they get a Minor buff in the form of obsec in Chaoter Approved thought)

Is she good enough at 300 points (with both Geminae)? Is she balanced at 300? I would still most certainly take her at that cost, in most games that have any kind of competitive context at all. So I would be fine with a 50 point jump.

I have always loved Dominions, and while I went far beyond what SB Dom model count I need, I got enough to use them as a sizeable force even in Apoc. I will still probably run six squads at least, mixed SB and MG, in a competitive scene until (if....) our Codex comes out.

The issue is, for me, that Primarch Girlybro is rumored to only be going up 25pts.

Which would be make Celestine going up 50 military grade bullgak.

I'm expecting Dominions to go up 2 ppm, Celestines to go up between 25 and 50, and Repressors to go up 25.

That said, I'd hope imagifiers would drop to 30, but I wouldn't expect it. A lot of people complain that sisters are too good.

I'm expecting Dominions to go up 2 ppm, Celestines to go up between 25 and 50, and Repressors to go up 25.

A lot of people complain that sisters are too good.

Sisters have exactly one top 3 finish in all major and GT competitions for all of 8th edition so far.

That list was Celestine with melta seraphim, four units of melta dominions in repressors, a unit of arcos, and a guard detachment of manticores, mortars, and gatling taurox.

A lot of people complain that sisters are too good.

Sisters have exactly one top 3 finish in all major and GT competitions for all of 8th edition so far.

That list was Celestine with melta seraphim, four units of melta dominions in repressors, a unit of arcos, and a guard detachment of manticores, mortars, and gatling taurox.

Not saying it's warranted, but I get a lot of complaints when I get matched with someone. "No fair! Sisters are OP! Your paying to win!"-says the boxed lunches who play a new grey army whenever a codex is released. Edited by Beams

Celestine is going up because she's overpowered when mixed with other Imperium units.

Gw need to address this, imo. Celestine might be super strong when mixed with Marines/Guard but with a dedicated Sisters army she's fine.

Gw need to limit soup lists rather than nerf units, imo.

Gw need to address this, imo. Celestine might be super strong when mixed with Marines/Guard but with a dedicated Sisters army she's fine.

To be fair she is also super strong with sisters - the difference is that there isn't an alternate choice.

If the canoness could get a jump pack for the usual %, had a cheap eviscerator, the ability to generate or share faith, and a chapter tactic on top you'd be seeing a bunch of them.

I think 50 points is probably too much when really only Soup is the problem. But I would likely play her at 200 points anyways so maybe she is undercosted even if just in a pure SoB list.

I hope they fix the hand flamer, costs almost as much as a flamer and sucks soooooo bad. 3 points each might be too much unless they change it to S4.

At any rate, CA update is almost upon us, and we know how Sisters do with updates.