Codex wishes

Atrus

Adeptus Arbites squads ... in Repressors.

Only thing I disagree with on this list, and only because Arbites aren't part of the Ministorum. I'd love to see Arbites return to the game, I just don't think they need to return as part of our Codex -- they should be part of an Imperial Agents book along with the Inquisition, Deathwatch, etc.

Edited by taikishi

Yes, you're right in that they're not part of the Ministorum, but they do work closely together.

They would fit better in a Codex: Imperial Agents though.

Yes, but nobody want's Sisterhood to be inside the Imperial Agent's Codex. We want a Adepta Sororitas or a Adeptus Ministorum Codex.

Yes, you're right in that they're not part of the Ministorum, but they do work closely together.

They would fit better in a Codex: Imperial Agents though.

Yes, but nobody want's Sisterhood to be inside the Imperial Agent's Codex. We want a Adepta Sororitas or a Adeptus Ministorum Codex.

I'm doubtful that SoB will get a codex all to themselves. Mostly because there are a lot of Imperium 'factions' that are far too small to have their own codex. Hence, I think they'll probably lump them together with SoB.

A lot of these suggestions would fundamentally change the way the Sisters operate, fluff-wise, which is definately not something I want . . .

No offense, man, but it seems to me (based on past posts) that it's not so much it'll change their fluff as much as it'll change your head canon of Sisters, and those are two completely different things.

Besides, this is a wish list thread, so why not wish list? :D

Headcanon is simply which pieces of fluff a person likes, adding units would in fact change the way the Sisters feel, in terms of gameplay and fluff (i.e. Currently their fluff does not include any bikes).

There is no canon in 40k, only headcanon, though I'll be the first to admit my headcanon leans toward the older sources heavily.

And of course, just because I don't like it doesn't mean others won't, so what would be "bad" to me would be good to others. I will admit that between being away from the group I'd been playing with, my dislike for the newer fluff (or at least aspects of it) and the jarring rules transition (even though I really think 8E plays better than 7th), I'm at a bit of a low in terms of my interest in 40K.

Would it work if the Sisters get equivalent vehicles with an appropriate aesthetic, e.g., the jetbike shaped like a giant fleur-de-lis, which Red_Shift made for the Order of the Bloody Rose? The Sisters still need certain niches filled, e.g., dogfight-capable flyers and powerful direct-fire weapons. If they don't get Vindicators, either give them Leman Russ Demolishers, or shoehorn a Demolisher cannon into a walking bell tower.

As long as they fit the look that'd be a serviceable option, but I'd like to see them do something more interesting.

Just making churchy versions of marine vehicles misses out on some golden opportunities to do some really neat stuff, like flamers on bikes or like... a melta torpedo, 48" range roll 2d6 take the highest if target is OVER half range. Or what about a fast light vehicle with a mega bolter on it?

See, I have these opinions, I fail to express them, then someone comes in and says what I'm thinking :D Thanks, ERJAK, this is basically what I think. I'd be happy to see new Sisters units, but just "bikes, but with Sisters riding them" doesn't do much for me. They'd need to have something special, both flavorfully and mechanically, to make them feel like a part of the army to me.

Edit: and I second the motion to bring back the Dominica Pattern Drop Pod :D

Edited by Servant of Dante

See, just Sisters on Bikes is enough for me, but I really like Sister Sydney's fandex over on Dakka Dakka. Her bikes had H&R, Scout, storm bolters instead of twin bolters in the bikes (remember, this is 6/7E), auto-passed dangerous terrain tests and their AoF let them turbo boost then shoot OR shoot then turbo boost. Unit of 3-8, up to four of which could replace their storm bolter on their bike with a flamer or meltagun.

Different enough for my tastes :D

Sounds like they're too good at too may things for my homebrew-rules sensibilities, I think using them as fast advanced scouts would be nice, but autopassing dangerous terrain and having storm bolters base on top of that seems like a bit too much.

Other than that, seems like a neat idea

I have always thought that a unique idea (not that there is a lot of room for such when you rule out unit concepts from other armies) was a troop choice that got to infiltrate onto obectives, armed with storm shields and burning mauls that get d3 hits in overwatch at S4. Squad comes with a chirurgeon stock, would have been nice in 7ed for fnp. Edition would change it a bit, but cool objective/shrine defenders.

I have always thought that a unique idea (not that there is a lot of room for such when you rule out unit concepts from other armies) was a troop choice that got to infiltrate onto obectives, armed with storm shields and burning mauls that get d3 hits in overwatch at S4. Squad comes with a chirurgeon stock, would have been nice in 7ed for fnp. Edition would change it a bit, but cool objective/shrine defenders.

I like that idea, it would be less infiltrate and more "we were here first" *puts on hipster glasses and primes flamer* :biggrin.:

I'll add it to my list of "8E datasheets I need to write" (if you don't mind).

Make Exorcists great again. It annoys me to no end that theyre only d3 damage. This from melta warhead missiles.

Id really like at least for them to get to roll 2d3 anf take the highest for rolling damage like elta weapons do but without the range requirement. 2d3 taje the highest isnt OP or too much to ask for. 2d6 is a bit up there- 2d3 a-okay.

I like that idea, it would be less infiltrate and more "we were here first" *puts on hipster glasses and primes flamer* :D

I'll add it to my list of "8E datasheets I need to write" (if you don't mind).

Have at it. I like the idea that they defend Imperial holy places, including the smallest of shrines. Infiltrating onto an objective is kind of like that.

Would be neat just to see a thread come up with some interesting unit concepts that avoid just being some female version of some other armies units. I love the idea of a Sisters super heavy church tank. I would prefer it was more a church fortess on tracks than just a baneblade with a chapel on top. Lots of the holy trinity, some immolator turrets on top of the towers, lots of fire points for retributors to fire from, an extremely large missile organ of course. And an assault ramp to disgorge a horde of repentia out of would be fun.

Sisters on bikes just seems too Spess Mahreen to me.

Not if they're repentia bikers! It combos making repentia better with having 100% melee focused bikers which is fairly rare.

Except that that makes no sense for the repentia's fluff, the whole point is that they just have their Evicerator.

If the Avatar of Khaine remains immune to flame and melta weapons, then the Sisters need a way to counter this, in order to defeat an Eldar army- hence my proposal to add the Demolisher cannon to the Sisters' arsenal. To fit the "Holy Trinity of Weapons," we can argue a Baneblade cannon projectile is just a scaled-up boltshell, and add the Fireblade super-heavy tank to the Sisters' armories.

If the Avatar of Khaine remains immune to flame and melta weapons, then the Sisters need a way to counter this, in order to defeat an Eldar army- hence my proposal to add the Demolisher cannon to the Sisters' arsenal. To fit the "Holy Trinity of Weapons," we can argue a Baneblade cannon projectile is just a scaled-up boltshell, and add the Fireblade super-heavy tank to the Sisters' armories.

Again, just adding IG equipment to the Sisters codex wouldn't work for me. I don't think we need a new unit just because 1 unit, in the entire game, is immune to flame and melta weapons. It's literally a single model. And of course I would disagree, the Baneblade's weapon seems far more likely to be a scaled up autocannon. As far as I know, the Vulcan Mega Bolter is the largest weapon in the bolt family (and it surely is massive, though it's individual rounds are smaller than a demolisher cannon round).

I don't think we need a new unit just because 1 unit, in the entire game, is immune to flame and melta weapons. It's literally a single model.

That's tempting fate. What guarantee do you have that your opponents won't field an Eldar army with an Avatar of Khaine, just to screw with you, whenever you bring your Sororitas army to the local Games Workshop?

And of course I would disagree, the Baneblade's weapon seems far more likely to be a scaled up autocannon.

Baneblade cannons use rocket-propelled shells, just as bolt weapons use rocket-propelled shells. We're arguing over semantics. Were I to advocate for the Sororitas, I'd say, "A Baneblade cannon is just a scaled-up, single-shot bolter," to justify adding the super-heavy tank to their armories, the same way successive Ecclesiarchs said, "We agreed the Ecclesiarchy would have no men under arms. The Sisters of Battle are not men," to justify having their own personal armies.

I don't think we need a new unit just because 1 unit, in the entire game, is immune to flame and melta weapons. It's literally a single model.

That's tempting fate. What guarantee do you have that your opponents won't field an Eldar army with an Avatar of Khaine, just to screw with you, whenever you bring your Sororitas army to the local Games Workshop?

And of course I would disagree, the Baneblade's weapon seems far more likely to be a scaled up autocannon.

Baneblade cannons use rocket-propelled shells, just as bolt weapons use rocket-propelled shells. We're arguing over semantics. Were I to advocate for the Sororitas, I'd say, "A Baneblade cannon is just a scaled-up, single-shot bolter," to justify adding the super-heavy tank to their armories, the same way successive Ecclesiarchs said, "We agreed the Ecclesiarchy would have no men under arms. The Sisters of Battle are not men," to justify having their own personal armies.

If they did that, I'd ask them to stop if it was really that annoying. I think that would be something you could expect your opponents to be reasonable on, though I think I'd just try shooting it with an exorcist, or heavy bolters or something. If your opponents are actually out to ruin your enjoyment of the game (ie they continue bringing the Avatar every game when you've asked them to scale back their use of it since it's hard to kill, which, again, I'm not convinced it would actually be that big of an issue) you have bigger issues with your play group.

Really, we have the Exorcist, we have heavy bolters. Is one model that's a bit tricky to kill really going to ruin every game for you? I think you're really overblowing this issue.

Hum, well, even if the Baneblade is kinda a bolt weapon, I still think it makes little sense (and would be harmful to the flavor of the Sisters as an army) to just add units from other Imperium armies to the Sisters codex. A banebade-like chapel on tracks? Sure, but not just a baneblade with some ecclesiarchy bits packed in the box. I'd want the main weapon to be something unique, not just a baneblade gun (whatever it's called).

Actually, the the High Lords could have changed the Decree Passive to end the legality of the Sisters. Ecclesiarch Thor convinced them that the Sisters were important to the effective opperation and stability of the Ecclesiarchy. They're not there for the Ecclesiarch to order around. They're there to enforce the Emperor's will, and to keep corruption in check withing the Ecclesiarchy (and hunt for mutation, heresy, etc).

Update: I'm working on revamping Helena the Virtuous for play in 8E (I plan on getting to all of the 2E characters eventually, just like I did in 7th), but finishing her will have to wait till tomorrow :D

I want all our special characters back, but it won't happen (and if it did, I wouldn't get to write rules for them, I suppose) :P

A banebade-like chapel on tracks? Sure, but not just a baneblade with some ecclesiarchy bits packed in the box. I'd want the main weapon to be something unique, not just a baneblade gun (whatever it's called).

I disagree. When I wrote my own Codex supplements, I had my custom Chapters use Astra Militarum ordnance (specifically the Earthshaker and Vanquisher cannons) so ammunition for these weapons may be readily available. I wrote fluff to justify this, claiming the custom Chapters either has ties to forge worlds that serve the Astra Militarum (meaning the Marines- an Iron Hands descendant in one case- can easily commandeer the ammo they need), or their Chapter planet has its own manufactories to provide for its PDF (which usually use Astra Militarum weapons, anyways).