Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Spectral Sicarii (homebrew) by thewarriorhunter

• Please log in to reply
130 replies to this topic

thewarriorhunter

thewarriorhunter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,230 posts
  • Faction: Spectral Sicarii (RG Succesor)

Reiver Sgt Demyan has been completed and awaits a base so he can take command of his Kill Team. Very glad to have him done and happy with how he came out. As I was snapping these pictures I realized I completely forgot the steel vents on his back and straps on his back. I'll get those next time I paint.

I've also figured out my knife issue and that is that they won't all match. Lore development is that once they've earned the right to carry a Sicaii they will forge their own from whatever material they desire. Some will be steel, others bone, others energy, and possibly even some xenos material will be used. A local guy I've been getting to know has a bunch of Kairic Acolyte legs left over from a conversion project and they have a knife attached. I like the look and am going to cut the knives off the bodes and use them. I've also got an ebay cart with knife bits from BA Sanguinary Guard, WFB Vampire Counts, DA Deathwing Command, WFB Wood Elves, and DE Scourges. I think that will be a nice mix of knives and keep me set for some time.

Here's my Sgt:

lhpznmg.jpg

qcMDOwq.jpg

06bhi2U.jpg

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,165 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
The Reiver SGT looks intimidating as hell. Excellent work.
  • thewarriorhunter likes this

Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)
Sisters of Battle+ Fenrisian Beer- Inhibitions- Sanity= Trouble! (Order of the Blazing Heart Rocket Punch Pimp Magnet She-Wolf)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Reasons to use the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think the Librarian Dreadnought needs Furious Charge AND It Will Not Die to beat down a Chaos-worshiping punk and his Defiler, while a Stormraven needs a Vanquisher cannon to beat down this punk's Heldrake.

thewarriorhunter

thewarriorhunter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,230 posts

I've got another batch of my 'hobby cookies' in progress. Rolled out some clay and cut a few more bases. Cutting around my template is really annoying, I'm going to look for an adjustable circle so I can just stamp out templates like cookies. I need it to adjust up to 60mm though so I'll have to do some looking. I'm thinking of something almost like a c-clamp for hoses but without the hardware in the way.

VBwGFxN.jpg

I'm also going to try and make my oldmarines a little taller. Normally I sand the bases down so their not so tall but I'm not going to do that for my oldmarines that I'm working for the Calth box. My hope is that they look less out of place next to their Primaris brethren since there bases will be a couple MM taller. I need to be careful though because I don't want them to look like they're on a pedestal.

K4lUpzy.jpg

thewarriorhunter

thewarriorhunter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,230 posts

Finally got to paint a little to base. I got a batch of them going since I thought I had my basing scheme figured out but after looking at a variety of bases a little way in I realize my current scheme would not look good. Here's the two I had done for reference:

UHZSol1.jpg

The issue is the red glaze I put over the 'engraved' portion of the bases. If I were to keep that theme then the majority of these bases would have that red tint and I did not like the idea of that. Here's the batch of bases for reference, they're base coated and washed at this point, which is when I realized I needed to do something different:

zigpunS.jpg

I tried out about six different schemes and settled on something I like. I'm dropping the red glaze and making the diamonds in the grout lines a dark red. I think all the detail just having the dark lines from the wash is good enough and the bases with less of it will be what stands out a little bit.

HjTVy0h.jpg

It's about the same amount of work to do this and I've gotten some good feedback so far. I'd love to hear what you all think of it and if you have any suggestions let me have them!

• Focslain likes this

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,165 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
The Primaris Marines are well-painted. Good job.
  • thewarriorhunter likes this

Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)
Sisters of Battle+ Fenrisian Beer- Inhibitions- Sanity= Trouble! (Order of the Blazing Heart Rocket Punch Pimp Magnet She-Wolf)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Reasons to use the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think the Librarian Dreadnought needs Furious Charge AND It Will Not Die to beat down a Chaos-worshiping punk and his Defiler, while a Stormraven needs a Vanquisher cannon to beat down this punk's Heldrake.

CardinalVirtue

CardinalVirtue

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,147 posts
  • Faction: The Raven Order
The newer base scheme definitely looks better, I don't think that's going to distract they eye away from the miniature the way the ok'd scheme did. Alternatively, if you don't mind spending a billion times longer on each miniature, you could paint the bases marble.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users