thewarriorhunter's PLOG - For The Greater Good Commission

Eliminators are on their bases! Couple shots of some of the details that I worked on last night. I removed the modeled on rubble from the kneeling figures since it doesn't go with my basing or painting methods. I used some extra clay pieces and sand to build them up so the models can be positioned correctly.

I also went for a wash over light grey on the goggles and like the effect.

lngtwljh.jpg

Purple binocular and sights are not common but look very nice. I need to try it out myself some time.

Nice job! :)

Yeah I've got to make sure my 'special snowflake' box is checked.

I'm not a fan of green with this scheme. I was considering blue lenses but after thinking about it in going to stick with purple for my lenses and screens.

I didn't feel like painting so I prepped 5 tactical marines so I have something to paint when the eliminators are done. These will get me closer to having Betrayal at Calth completely painted. I've got a friend who said he would play the game with me and the manager of my FLGS got excited when I told him I was almost done painting and we're going to play through as well.

BMINHtPh.jpg

Didn't really want to paint but I forced myself too because I've got 3 WIP projects on my desk right now and I don't like the clutter. Got the highlights done on the armor and started blocking in the blue for my Kill Team terminator. I'm not loving the head but I'm not sure what I would do instead. I paint the grills gray on my elites, I'm wondering if I should just go with gray over the entire terminator head since they're the elite of the elite...

sNLscWxh.jpg

Yeah, your choice of painting veterans How about that blue going in a stripe through the whole faceplate?
You could also paint the whole lower section or just the "cheeks" gray - that would give the terminator helmet a kind of skull-look. 

Edited by Majkhel

• 2 weeks later...

Finished up my terminator for my Kill Team and redid the heat effects on my redemptor. I also prepped a knee of my redemptor with ardcoat so I can give decals a try either tonight or tomorrow. I really want to get decals going so I can take my models up to that next level and get them weathered.

hpXj7C5h.jpg

Edited by thewarriorhunter

Well it's been a bit since my last post. Got my first decal applied with great results and started on 3 tactical marines so I can get Calth finished up. I think painting three models at a time is my sweet spot because it goes so quickly. I'm also not being as careful with these since they'll be used less frequently than my primaris models.

0G2MZlOh.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Three tacticals are now on completed bases minus weapons. Two are bolters that just need highlighting, the marine without arms is my special weapons model. I need to highlight all three variants (plasma, flamer, melta) and do the plasma glow. Those weapons will get a magnet so I can swap them out.

lJ9zamwh.jpg

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnd done.

Three tactical models down, three to go to have the first three missions of Calth playable. I'm not in love with the plasma but I'm happy with my first attempt. If this were a Hellblaster I'd be redoing it but since the model will rarely see the table and only the box game I'm happy enough.

I'm working on the Sgt next. First layer is down and I've got all the options being painted as well minus a bolt gun. With Calth there's no reason to give him a bolt gun since the ability to equip special weapons is rare and you usually take them when you can.

IKVFIXyh.jpg

Dv3AHE8h.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up Blackstone Fortress and the Citadel Starter Paint set over the weekend. A local guy was selling and I couldn't pass up the deal since I've been wanting the game since it released. Took a slight detour from painting to build everything so the game is at least playable. I'll paint the figures as we go.

Q1OAMKjh.jpg

Your chaos marines seem to be missing their arms - do you intend to glue those on after you've painted them?

That's the plan for now. There's a lot of visible detail behind where the bolters will go so I've left them off for now.

I typically paint in sub-assemblies so actually putting everything together before priming was quite a change for me.

Detour! I haven't mentioned it much in this thread but I've taken on two commissions (one in 2020 was a hobby goal). I've got 5 Deathwing Terminators and another customer wants four Armigers built and painted. The armigers are built and waiting for magets to arrive. I've been working on the terminators because those can be done quicker:

lbNi63Jh.jpg