How to model the Crusader Helm [V8 BT relic]

Ciler

So, I'm thinking of adding a (non primaris) lieutenant to my army, equipped with the crusader helm relic to extend the range of both his, Helbrecht and Grimaldus' auras.

How would ye go about modelling this ? The base should obviously be one of the BT upgrade kit "crusader" helmets, but beyond that ? I really do not want to use the FW IF command helmet because that's totally going on my Sigismund. Try and make a tiny green stuff cross ? Or just a fancy paint job ?

Edit : non-primaris Lieutenant data-sheet :

http://reho.st/self/b571fb339cff9d53f74d0a21c3ddd6f200fdce5d.png
Edited by Ciler

How would it extend Helbrecht and Grimaldus range?

I'm honestly not going to bother modeling it as WYSIWYG Is no longer a thing. :wink:

I misread "any aura on its datasheet" as "any aura in its detachment". Wishful thinking on my part I guess.

That's alot less benefit than i expected but the idea is still interesting though, how would ye model a fancy helmet.

On the subject of relics, is this crusader helm the only we're able to take now? I'd spent some time previously giving my various HQ units different relics present in both 6th and 7th editions... are these no longer an option? Sorry if this has been stated elsewhere

As for the the modeling question, i would likely go with one from a newer kit. While, sadly, devoid of any BT specific iconography, helmets made in the past 5 years benefit from better production techniques and have straighter and sharper edges, better symmetry between their eyeslits and so on. Perhaps a van-or-sternguard helmet with a laurel or similar and cross added during painting?

Edited by Reinhard

All the information is in this thread : http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/336954-chapter-focus-the-imperial-fists-crimson-fists-and-black-t/

There are 6 "generic" relics (armour indomitus, shield eternal, teeth of terra, the burning blade, wrath of the primarch, can't remember the last one), and then one specific for each chapter.

All relics are upgrades to existing equipment e.g. the burning blade replaces a model's power sword. Each space marine army is allowed one relic free, and can use a stratagem to get one additional relic (1 CP) or two more (3 CP). You can't stack relics on the same model, and named characters cannot take relics.

edit : to clarify that other armies may get different relic rules.

Edited by Ciler

Wow I totally overlooked Lieutenants as that "Tactical Precision" is nice and with the helm gives it a solid boost.  Depending on the cost he maybe great to have near Helbrecht to synergize the re-roll to hit and the plus +1S.  You could go with axes to get S6 so you get a straight re-roll to wound vs T3 but even with a sword that is still re-roll 50% of your failed to wounds.  

Hmmm I guess I never even looked at the Lieutenant as all we had in the index was the preimaris version.  Thank you for pointing this out.