Best Allies for Sisters

Beams

They sure do. Of course the other side of the coin is that in the dark grim dark dark of the grimtimes, they can and will work with Imperium factions they dislike, because the grim grimmy grims of Chaos are grimmin' about. So grim. 

I have used them a few times in place of Crusaders. They need the Null-Maiden Rhino to make it across the board; ask yourself if 260+ points of SoS is better than, say, 150 points of Crusaders who have a 3++ and are thus more survivable, can make use of AoF, and have Zealot. The better chance to wound on T3-T7 targets, one total extra attack at full strength, and D3 damage are all excellent arguments. And of course if the enemy is a Psyker...  

Edited by CaptainMarsh

I kinda want a Sisters of Silence army, because they look fun to play and I like pariahs (and topknots), but I'm not going to use them with my Sisters since they're mutants (sanctioned mutants, but still).

Yeah, but their mutation is not being witches. I'd figure you could classify that as a blessing instead of a mutation. 

I'll see to finding a borrowable squad of SoS to try them out, with the big steak knives, but in the meantime I'll stick with the experiment on inquisitors and friends.

A lot of those options might change too when Codex: IG hits the shops because Celestine can be an asset in allying them.

And of course when/if we get a codex too. I'd like a combined ministorum/inquisition codex for gaming purposes if some keywords help synergy (with storm troopers ), while maintaining the possibility of pure sisters.

For now I find a knight opens up possibilities in freeing up retributors and exorcists points for other options. I'm curious as to deathwatch since the fluff synergy is to my liking

When it comes to allies I've had quite a bit of success by adding a Knight Crusader with AGC, RFBC, 2xStubber and HF. It brings the long-ranged firepower that Sisters lack and forces opponents to do something besides shoot girls. Mine is painted a lighter gray than my Sisters (as it normally runs with my Space Wolves) but it does have a purple Fleur di Lis on the cockpit door...

However, for maximum cheese/tournament play, there's my Celestine Less-Than-3 Bobby G list. Celestine and flamer doms and SB doms all in Repressors, Bobby G 3xDev (1 las, 1 PC, 1 ML) with a libby on a bike (yes, Dante, I know you're not going to like that). Sisters roll up, burninate/shoot then Repressors assault, Bobby G & The Boys in Blue just blast the crap out of anything that moves (or doesn't move, it doesn't matter) and the Librarian snakes around dealing out mortal wounds with Smite/Psychic Scourge, or for those special moments, Null Zone to remove those pesky invulnerable saves.

It's a brutal, brutal, brutal list and it's strictly for competitive play. The first time I played it my friend was so butthurt he wouldn't talk to me for 30 minutes, the second time the game was basically over after my turn 1. I'm busily building and painting the Repressors and still need to figure out a way to make SB doms...but...yeah. I'm going to bring this list to Iron Halo and see what happens.

Has anyone tried allying SoB with Astra Militarum heavy support vehicles like the Hydra, Manticore, Wyvern or Basilisk? Or really, even the Hellhounds, Leman Russes and Baneblades?

The only problem is the HG choice if you want to get a whole Battleforged Army out of it. But it seems like those vehicles could give the Sisters a good set of ranged options that they are lacking with just the Exorcist right now.

I haven't seen anyone talking about this and I haven't tried it myself, but it seems like a valid option from the index.

Would a lord of war like a baneblade work? Something like that would look cool in a churchey theme. Shame that they can't carry sisters :) would adding one affect if the army is battleforged or not? Edited by Matt_149

would adding one affect if the army is battleforged or not?

I was thinking in the sense of creating an ally that was a whole battleforged Astra Militarum Spearhead detachment, with three of their heavy support vehicles in it.