Kabal of the Poisoned Tongue

Aqui

Hello!

This is the start of what I hope will be a completely new army for me. I've never played Dark Eldar before, and I've been idly looking over their background. I know a little of their Lore, and I decided to go with the Kabal of the Poisoned Tongue. I want my Archon to be Lady Malys herself and I'm considering using the Yvraine model as a base, but I don't want the huge train she has trailing behind her. My green stuff skills are non existent, so I'm not sure what to do about that. Leith Hesperax will of course be part of my army, but I'm not sure what else to add to the list outside of Wyches. I'll be using both Dark Aelves and their 40k counterparts to mix and match.

Any ideas, both for modelling Lady Malys and for bulking the list (I'm aiming for 1k for now) will be most gratefully received! ^_^

Hello!

This is the start of what I hope will be a completely new army for me. I've never played Dark Eldar before, and I've been idly looking over their background. I know a little of their Lore, and I decided to go with the Kabal of the Poisoned Tongue. I want my Archon to be Lady Malys herself and I'm considering using the Yvraine model as a base, but I don't want the huge train she has trailing behind her. My green stuff skills are non existent, so I'm not sure what to do about that. Leith Hesperax will of course be part of my army, but I'm not sure what else to add to the list outside of Wyches. I'll be using both Dark Aelves and their 40k counterparts to mix and match.

Any ideas, both for modelling Lady Malys and for bulking the list (I'm aiming for 1k for now) will be most gratefully received! :happy.:

Of all people, I think Lady Malys would be the best with the huge train behind her. 

Also, I could be remembering wrong, but Lady Malys wargear included a Warfan, so it's pretty perfect.

Ran

Her model is perfect, its just I wanted to avoid using a model that has a 100mm base :lol: That and the fact that the model is has a different name and rules. I'd just be using the standard Archon rules for her and it'd clear things up from the get go as to what she she has weapon wise. The fan has no rules any longer, which is a pity as a combat fan sounds very fun! ^_^

Would I be able to use Yvraine in a Druhkari army and just call her Lady Malys instead?

If you want ideas on what to fill the rest of your army with, we've got the Dark Eldar tactica to check out.

That is my next stop, Slips :) just wanted a few ideas or opinions generally first. Thanks :)

Well, I'm VERY much partial to Wychs/Bloodbrides as the basic bodies. Wyches kept as cheap as possible so that they can basically just be bulletcatchers for your meatier stuff and Bloodbrides as your middle-of-the-road killy unit (they have a TON of attacks with the +1A drug).

For rides, the Tantaulus is actually a good proposition now.

Otherwise, if its a Wych Cult, then Hellions, Reavers and Scourges all fit in pretty well and will help you fill in the missing links alongside Raiders, Ravagers, Venoms, Razorwings and Void Ravens.

Malys being your Archon and Lelith being in, I'd still try to take a Succubus if your list is big enough to accomodate one for another reroll bubble so that you can spread out the buffs more.

Well, I'm VERY much partial to Wychs/Bloodbrides as the basic bodies. Wyches kept as cheap as possible so that they can basically just be bulletcatchers for your meatier stuff and Bloodbrides as your middle-of-the-road killy unit (they have a TON of attacks with the +1A drug).

Yes, I have both units in mind for my list :)

For rides, the Tantaulus is actually a good proposition now.

I read the comments in the topic you recommended me read and it looks to be a very good choice, both from a looks point of view and how well it works. The monetary cost is an issue right now as is the fact I'm just starting with a 1K list for now.

Otherwise, if its a Wych Cult, then Hellions, Reavers and Scourges all fit in pretty well and will help you fill in the missing links alongside Raiders, Ravagers, Venoms, Razorwings and Void Ravens.

Malys being your Archon and Lelith being in, I'd still try to take a Succubus if your list is big enough to accomodate one for another reroll bubble so that you can spread out the buffs more.

I hadn't considered Hellions, Reavers and Scourges, but I might as the Cult gets bigger. I definitely intend on getting Lelith as she's an iconic character to me. I'd also get a Succubus too, but only once the list get bigger, or, I take a few things out of the list I worked out on Battlescribe.

Hidden Content
++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (Aeldari - Ynnari) [55 PL, 997pts] ++

+ HQ +

Lelith Hesperax [125pts, 7 PL]: Penetrating blade

Yvraine [7 PL, 132pts]: Ancestors' Grace, Gaze of Ynnead

+ Troops +

Wyches [97pts, 6 PL]

. Hekatrix: Hekatarii blade, Phantasm Grenade Launcher, Splinter pistol

. 8x Wych

. Wych with Wych Weapon: Hydra gauntlets

Wyches [97pts, 6 PL]

. 8x Wych

Wyches [97pts, 6 PL]

. 8x Wych

+ Elites +

Hekatrix Bloodbrides [137pts, 7 PL]

. 8x Hekatrix Bloodbride

. Hekatrix Bloodbride with Wych Weapon: Razorflails

. Syren: Hekatarii blade, Phantasm Grenade Launcher, Splinter pistol

+ Heavy Support +

Ravager [8 PL, 156pts]: Dark Lance, Dark Lance, Dark Lance, Shock Prow

Ravager [8 PL, 156pts]: Dark Lance, Dark Lance, Dark Lance, Shock Prow

++ Total: [55 PL, 997pts] ++

Thanks for the pointers :)

I'd also strongly consider Blast Pistols in Wych Squads. Since you get to choose casualties and challenges aren't a thing coupled with being able to shoot pistols into CC, for 2 Meltabombs, they have some potential if used properly and can give the Wyches some much needed punch.

Also, try and pre-plan your Drug Choices if you aren't rolling for them; you can basically build 1 wych squad around having the +2" move drug and being able to run around with M10"

Once the list starts growing, also look into the Agonizer vs Power Sword choices for your squad sarges. There isnt a clear winner and both have their uses whilst not jacking up the price of the unit too much. That said, I'd probably limit them to Bloodbride sarges.

Edited by Slips

I will also recommend transports for your people. They wont last much on foot I'm afraid. As your list is right now, you'll need 4 Raiders, which is 500 points each with a Disintegrator, which in a 1k list, is too much, and by the cost of buying them and the wyches if you don't have them, you could as well buy a Tantalus. Maybe something like this?

Yvvie

Lilith

7 Brides

7 Wyches

Tantalus

Ravager

That leaves you with ~80 points for upgrades. The upside is that you're going first almost guaranteed (only two deployments placing 6 units), the downside is that you don't have much bodies to work with.

Also true is that you have too much points in special HQ -for me at least- at that low point army. One naked Succubus is more than enough -yes, I know that you follow a theme, see below- and will free you 185 points to field more bodies. This can be Mandrakes (a unit of 9) or MSU Scourges (with 4 blasters are 130 pts, this also will leave you points for upgrades -aka blast pistols) or even better as they also have the <Cult> keyword 2x5 Hellions, which is 170 points.

Re: The Theme

For Lady Malys you can proxy her as a Succubus for synergy with the rest of the army and the nice aura buffs. Modeling her using Yvvie wouldn't have to be an issue from what I've seen from the sprue; the large train-dress is separate from the body. I wanted to do something similar for her being Bêlit and the Visarch being Amra.

Personally I'd rather wait until you can deploy a 2k army list to actually include both Yvvie and Lilith, as they're both somewhat expensive (even if awesome) and bite a substantial part of a small army.

Cheers!

Thanks for the reply!

The list I made was a preliminary one and by no means set in stone. Whilst I really love Yvraine's model, I would have preferred to use the Archon rules and made a kitbash. I'd still consider using Yvraine as a base and work on making a smaller train, but as i mentioned, I have no skill with green stuff at all :(

Totally agree with the points used up by two high cost HQ's. I'll make a new list in a bit and take out Yvraine for now.

Whilst I'd prefer to use have an all Wych army, I'm not averse to having other units in it. Mandrakes seem to be unavailable on GW UK's site (and Finecast, see below). I'd definitely like to get the Tantalus, I don't have the money for it at the moment. I suppose I could start a 750 point army or even a Kill Team and add units later. My main question regarding getting models is, is Lelith a risk seeing as she is Finecast? I bought a Lhamaean way back when I first went to Warhammer World for an Ultrameet. Very nice cast, but it was brittle as hell. Her head decorations came off as soon as i got it out of the packet :( I looked on eBay for the metal version of Lelith, but the cheapest I could find is 3 times her GW price :(

If it comes to it, I could get a Succubus or two, convert her as best I can to Lady Malys and then devote more time further down the lineto a "proper" one.

Thanks again for the help ^_^

I know nothing about finecast, but the internet strongly advises against it.

For base models conversions, until you can get your hands on Yvraine maybe this one?

99070212001_SorceressNEW01.jpg

https://www.games-workshop.com/es-ES/Hechicera-Elfa-Oscura

Its plastic multicomponent, so it can be more or less easily done and is only 12€ or you can scavenge bit sites and try to find a suitable dressed lower legs and add a wych/dark elf/Yvraine one. You wont need GS at all.

Cheers!

I actually have that model! I forgot I had it until your post! :lol: I saw some fan art of Malys that showed her wearing that kind of outfit, so I'd just need to replace her weapon with something more 40k-like.

https://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/thedarkcity/images/3/3e/Dark_eldar_by_muju-d4bnlbf.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20130115224644

I think footslogging wyches sounds like a disaster, as cool as it would look. Venoms or raiders are necessary I think. At a 1000 points I really would think hard about spending 300 of it on situational HQ choices. You could ditch one and buy some boats! 

Incidentally, you can take an additional hydra gauntlet in your wych squads.

Two ravagers look very solid. 

I agree with dumping some stuff for transports.

Anyways, as for lady malys, I've got a couple of ideas for you. There is this coversion that I know we have all seen:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-MpJBctQ1Fdg/UW0IaKQ804I/AAAAAAAAB6A/VXAelc0cG_A/s1600/lady_malys_by_thispendentworld-d4wyxc1.png

It's based off of GWs vampire lord model, and looks easy to make, just replace the head, arms, and shoulders. I think she is supposed to have a mane of pure midnight for hair, but whatever, that conversion is perfect for her.

And I suppose you could also tear up a Lhamean, as seen here:

http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g480/sadratgoboom/251.jpg

I would try to replace the head on her, but it's good enough.

Anyways, as for lady malys, I've got a couple of ideas for you. There is this coversion that I know we have all seen:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-MpJBctQ1Fdg/UW0IaKQ804I/AAAAAAAAB6A/VXAelc0cG_A/s1600/lady_malys_by_thispendentworld-d4wyxc1.png

It's based off of GWs vampire lord model, and looks easy to make, just replace the head, arms, and shoulders. I think she is supposed to have a mane of pure midnight for hair, but whatever, that conversion is perfect for her.

They're both good conversions :smile.: I'm leaning towards the first one. I'm sure I have a spare Wych head from when I was mulling over a Craft World DIY I was doing ages ago, and I wanted a Female Farseer.

Why is she blue? I don't remember that being cannon.

Ran

Anyways, as for lady malys, I've got a couple of ideas for you. There is this coversion that I know we have all seen:http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-MpJBctQ1Fdg/UW0IaKQ804I/AAAAAAAAB6A/VXAelc0cG_A/s1600/lady_malys_by_thispendentworld-d4wyxc1.png

And I suppose you could also tear up a Lhamean, as seen here:http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g480/sadratgoboom/251.jpg

Why is she blue? I don't remember that being cannon.

Ran

Shouldn't the armor be the same color as the rest of the poisoned tongue? or do you mean the skin? I think he just painted the skin in a blue tone since it's a dark eldar thing, I guess?

I always thought of Dark Eldar as being very pale skinned, but then, like humans, there are plenty of variation in skin tone :smile.:

I found the Dark Eldar Wych heads, but the Lhamean is nowhere to be found :laugh.: I have no doubt that as soon as I buy a new one, she'll turn up! :laugh.:

I always thought of Dark Eldar as being very pale skinned, but then, like humans, there are plenty of variation in skin tone :)I found the Dark Eldar Wych heads, but the Lhamean is nowhere to be found :lol: I have no doubt that as soon as I buy a new one, she'll turn up! :lol:

That's when I always find lost paints and bitz, right after I buy new ones. Anyways, I don't think there's too much of a problem with Dark Eldar having skin in different colors, afterall, faces can be changed in Commorragh for the price of a hot meal.

Anyways, as for lady malys, I've got a couple of ideas for you. 

I sent him the exact same two pictures. Weird. GET OUT MY HEAD, CHARLES!

Did I beat you to it? Or am I psychic?

In either case, I like the look of the model, so I'm going to a local GW in a bit (I'm lucky in that there are about 10 within 50 miles, including Warhammer World :lol: ) get an Von Carstein model and butcher it give it a head swap operation. Still not sure what to use for her fan however...

In either case, I like the look of the model, so I'm going to a local GW in a bit (I'm lucky in that there are about 10 within 50 miles, including Warhammer World :laugh.: ) get an Von Carstein model and butcher it give it a head swap operation. Still not sure what to use for her fan however...

I think a card or plasticard piece wouldn't be too much trouble for the fan of death. Got any idea what head you're going to use? I think a head with the longest, fullest mane will get you the farthest.

I beat you by about 13 hours, so maybe psychic. 

Then I think I'm going to be greeted by castigators soon.

A bat wing?

I'm not sure where I'd go about getting one, but that's a good idea.

Just made a new list. Hopefully is far more effective. I'm still learning what most weapons are in fact, so bear with me :lol:

Hidden Content
++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (Aeldari - Drukhari) [1000pts, 58 PL] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Court of the Archon [120pts, 8 PL]: Lhamean, Sslyth, Sslyth

+ HQ +

Archon [67pts, 4 PL]: Huskblade, Phantasm Grenade Launcher, Splinter pistol

Lelith Hesperax [125pts, 7 PL]: Penetrating blade

+ Troops +

Wyches [107pts, 6 PL]

. Hekatrix: Blast Pistol, Hekatarii blade, Phantasm Grenade Launcher

. 8x Wych

. Wych with Wych Weapon: Razorflails

Wyches [120pts, 8 PL]

. Hekatrix: Agoniser, Blast Pistol, Phantasm Grenade Launcher

. 9x Wych

+ Elites +

Hekatrix Bloodbrides [151pts, 7 PL]

. 8x Hekatrix Bloodbride

. Hekatrix Bloodbride with Wych Weapon: Hydra gauntlets

. Syren: Agoniser, Blast Pistol, Phantasm Grenade Launcher

+ Fast Attack +

Reavers [10 PL, 124pts]

. Arena Champion: Agoniser

. 2x Reaver

. Reaver with special weapon (up to 1 for 3 models)

+ Heavy Support +

Ravager [8 PL, 186pts]: Disintegrator cannon, Disintegrator cannon, Disintegrator cannon, Shock Prow

++ Total: [1000pts, 58 PL] [/url]