Kabal of the Poisoned Tongue

Aqui

In either case, I like the look of the model, so I'm going to a local GW in a bit (I'm lucky in that there are about 10 within 50 miles, including Warhammer World :laugh.: ) get an Von Carstein model and butcher it give it a head swap operation. Still not sure what to use for her fan however...

I think a card or plasticard piece wouldn't be too much trouble for the fan of death. Got any idea what head you're going to use? I think a head with the longest, fullest mane will get you the farthest.

I was going to use a standard Dark Eldar Wych head, but now, thinking about it, long hair would look good...

I beat you by about 13 hours, so maybe psychic.

Then I think I'm going to be greeted by castigators soon.

:lol:

A bat wing?

I'm not sure where I'd go about getting one, but that's a good idea.

It's an idea, certainly. Not sure where I'd get one. Ultimately I could just get a few knife pieces and glue them together to look like a fan.

Edited by Aqui
Multi quoting on a mobile device. Not easy.

Just made a new list. Hopefully is far more effective. I'm still learning what most weapons are in fact, so bear with me :laugh.:

Hidden Content
++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (Aeldari - Drukhari) [1000pts, 58 PL] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Court of the Archon [120pts, 8 PL]: Lhamean, Sslyth, Sslyth

+ HQ +

Archon [67pts, 4 PL]: Huskblade, Phantasm Grenade Launcher, Splinter pistol

Lelith Hesperax [125pts, 7 PL]: Penetrating blade

+ Troops +

Wyches [107pts, 6 PL]

. Hekatrix: Blast Pistol, Hekatarii blade, Phantasm Grenade Launcher

. 8x Wych

. Wych with Wych Weapon: Razorflails

Wyches [120pts, 8 PL]

. Hekatrix: Agoniser, Blast Pistol, Phantasm Grenade Launcher

. 9x Wych

. Wych with Wych Weapon: Hydra gauntlets

+ Elites +

Hekatrix Bloodbrides [151pts, 7 PL]

. 8x Hekatrix Bloodbride

. Hekatrix Bloodbride with Wych Weapon: Hydra gauntlets

. Syren: Agoniser, Blast Pistol, Phantasm Grenade Launcher

+ Fast Attack +

Reavers [10 PL, 124pts]

. Arena Champion: Agoniser

. 2x Reaver

. Reaver with special weapon (up to 1 for 3 models)

+ Heavy Support +

Ravager [8 PL, 186pts]: Disintegrator cannon, Disintegrator cannon, Disintegrator cannon, Shock Prow

++ Total: [1000pts, 58 PL] [/url]

Again, I think you need to put a raider or two in for the Heketarii, they're going to be ​shredded​ running into CC unprotected, but it looks more optimized. While I'm definitely not a reputable source on these things, I think this will perform decently against heavy infantry lists, or anything you can outnumber with the wyches, while the bloodbrides and lelith do their bloody work.

I think a card or plasticard piece wouldn't be too much trouble for the fan of death. Got any idea what head you're going to use? I think a head with the longest, fullest mane will get you the farthest.

I was going to use a standard Dark Eldar Wych head, but now, thinking about it, long hair would look good...

Then I think I'm going to be greeted by castigators soon.

:laugh.:

It's an idea, certainly. Not sure where I'd get one. Ultimately I could just get a few knife pieces and glue them together to look like a fan.

Oh, you've got to give her a luscious head of hair, she was once Vect's #1 girl :whistling: 

Just made a new list. Hopefully is far more effective. I'm still learning what most weapons are in fact, so bear with me :laugh.:

Hidden Content

+ No Force Org Slot +

+ HQ +

+ Troops +

Wyches [107pts, 6 PL]

. 8x Wych

Wyches [120pts, 8 PL]

. 9x Wych

+ Elites +

. 8x Hekatrix Bloodbride

+ Fast Attack +

Reavers [10 PL, 124pts]

. 2x Reaver

+ Heavy Support +

Ravager [8 PL, 186pts]: Disintegrator cannon, Disintegrator cannon, Disintegrator cannon, Shock Prow

Again, I think you need to put a raider or two in for the Heketarii, they're going to be ​shredded​ running into CC unprotected, but it looks more optimized. While I'm definitely not a reputable source on these things, I think this will perform decently against heavy infantry lists, or anything you can outnumber with the wyches, while the bloodbrides and lelith do their bloody work.

Perhaps I should aim for a 1500pts list then, as its quite difficult to get the balance between body count and transport to move them around. That way I could either add more bodies to the Wyches or Heketarii or add a heavy to it.

Hidden Content

+ No Force Org Slot +

+ HQ +

+ Troops +

Wyches [107pts, 6 PL]

. 8x Wych

Wyches [120pts, 8 PL]

. 9x Wych

+ Elites +

. 8x Hekatrix Bloodbride

+ Fast Attack +

Reavers [10 PL, 124pts]

. 2x Reaver

+ Heavy Support +

Again, I think you need to put a raider or two in for the Heketarii, they're going to be ​shredded​ running into CC unprotected, but it looks more optimized. While I'm definitely not a reputable source on these things, I think this will perform decently against heavy infantry lists, or anything you can outnumber with the wyches, while the bloodbrides and lelith do their bloody work.

Perhaps I should aim for a 1500pts list then, as its quite difficult to get the balance between body count and transport to move them around. That way I could either add more bodies to the Wyches or Heketarii or add a heavy to it.

That may be the best thing to do, and it's all theoretical at this stage anyway. I would aim for a venom or raider for lelith and the court, and a raider for each wych squad. I think if you try to do 5 man wych squads with venoms the cost is going to go through the roof.

Lilith, Archon & court, plus 5 Brides in a Raider

2x5 Wyches in a Raider

Is the cheapest way I can think of.

And keep your Ravagers Dark Lanced, because you don't have any AT otherwise.

2x5 Wyches in a raider makes them a bit more sturdy against massive piles of dice once they drop out of the raiders.

I agree with the 1500 points idea. That was what I was going to suggest as well. You can tinker with ideas like splitting squads or you can keep them as they are at your leisure, but your fragile space aelfs need transports or you will have some very boring games on your hands. 

You should probably employ some dark lances either on the transports-to-be or the ravager, as those blast pistols can only do so much against multiwound targets and vehicles - and range will be a serious issue. The basic structure of your list will absolutely murder-shred any kind of infantry, so that shouldn't be too much of an issue.

Other than that, I have to say I really enjoy the theme and will be looking forward to seeing where you take this. Both thumbs up.

Thanks everyone for the help and encouragement. I went to my nearest GW earlier and got a box of Wyches. I forgot that both Lelith and the Lhamean are Webstore only, except for Warhammer World. So guess where I am now? :lol: I'm waiting for a Lhamean to be delivered from the warehouse. I also got a Succubus and Raider. I forgot to see if they have a Isabell Von Carstein, so I'll check in a bit.

Am glad the Raider has Poisoned Tongue decals, although to be honest, I'm sorely in need of practice at free hand. Haven't done any since my Sisters HQ Rhino.

Edited by Aqui

Thanks everyone for the help and encouragement. I went to my nearest GW earlier and got a box of Wyches. I forgot that both Lelith and the Lhamean are Webstore only, except for Warhammer World. So guess where I am now? :lol: I'm waiting for a Lhamean to be delivered from the warehouse. I also got a Succubus and Raider. I forgot to see if they have a Isabell Von Carstein, so I'll check in a bit.

Am glad the Raider has Poisoned Tongue decals, although to be honest, I'm sorely in need of practice at free hand. Haven't done any since my Sisters HQ Rhino.

Do you have any test figures on how you will do the paint scheme?

Thanks everyone for the help and encouragement. I went to my nearest GW earlier and got a box of Wyches. I forgot that both Lelith and the Lhamean are Webstore only, except for Warhammer World. So guess where I am now? :laugh.: I'm waiting for a Lhamean to be delivered from the warehouse. I also got a Succubus and Raider. I forgot to see if they have a Isabell Von Carstein, so I'll check in a bit.

Not yet. Having seen a few examples online, I quite like the look of one scheme that is basically black with highlights of a dark blue with edge highlights of a lighter blue. I'm still looking for examples, but that's how I think mine will turn out (if I can get the highlights steady enough. It's been a while...). Also just need to work out which blues to use :smile.:

Thanks everyone for the help and encouragement. I went to my nearest GW earlier and got a box of Wyches. I forgot that both Lelith and the Lhamean are Webstore only, except for Warhammer World. So guess where I am now? :lol: I'm waiting for a Lhamean to be delivered from the warehouse. I also got a Succubus and Raider. I forgot to see if they have a Isabell Von Carstein, so I'll check in a bit.Am glad the Raider has Poisoned Tongue decals, although to be honest, I'm sorely in need of practice at free hand. Haven't done any since my Sisters HQ Rhino.

Not yet. Having seen a few examples online, I quite like the look of one scheme that is basically black with highlights of a dark blue with edge highlights of a lighter blue. I'm still looking for examples, but that's how I think mine will turn out (if I can get the highlights steady enough. It's been a while...). Also just need to work out which blues to use :)

I tried to do that when I was going to do the poisoned tongue, it's the poisoned tongue scheme in the seventh edition codex, I believe. A clean coat of black with 1-3 lightening highlights of turquoise or cyan. In the end I wanted to try doing metallic dark eldar, so I scrapped the idea, but it should be straightfoward. If you're nervous about getting crisp highlights done, From the Warp has an article on getting the edge highlights done with drybrushing.

I tried to do that when I was going to do the poisoned tongue, it's the poisoned tongue scheme in the seventh edition codex, I believe. A clean coat of black with 1-3 lightening highlights of turquoise or cyan. In the end I wanted to try doing metallic dark eldar, so I scrapped the idea, but it should be straightfoward. If you're nervous about getting crisp highlights done, From the Warp has an article on getting the edge highlights done with drybrushing.

I can edge highlight after a fashion (my Sisters mostly), but still, I'm quite out of practice. I do have a few of the old monopose Marines that came as a pack of three knocking around somewhere. I'll practice on them :smile.:

I'd recommend doing some kind of mix tone for the initial black, something like P3 Coal Black - with pure black glazed or washed into recesses. Helps with the transitions to the highlights a lot.

I've never used P3 paints before, only GW. I've heard a lot of good things about them, so I might have to try a few :smile.:

Thanks both! :happy.:

I'm not necessarily suggesting you start using P3 (although I strongly recommend them), I just couldn't think as a GW equivalent since I don't own anything darker than Astronomican Grey from their range. 

I see someone on Dakka Dakka listed Dark Reaper as the Citadel paint of choice to match Coal Black, but you could also make your own mix from, say, your highlight colors and pure black. I find mixing colors a bit iffy personally and tend to avoid it.

Alright, here's the Poisoned Tongue scheme I think we are both talking about. It looks great, defining all the details fully.

http://i.imgur.com/hTbHcGe.png

http://i.imgur.com/1tyPbuY.png

http://i.imgur.com/jBNMriE.png

Alright, here's the Poisoned Tongue scheme I think we are both talking about. It looks great, defining all the details fully.

http://i.imgur.com/hTbHcGe.png

http://i.imgur.com/1tyPbuY.png

http://i.imgur.com/jBNMriE.png

Yes, that's the one :lol: I need to get some practice in edge highlighting that for sure!

Edited by Aqui

http://i.imgur.com/hTbHcGe.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/1tyPbuY.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/jBNMriE.png

Yes, that's the one :lol: I need to get some practice in edge highlighting that for sure!

On the bright side, if any highlights end up looking sloppy, just paint over the errors with black and do it again. :)

So, I actually have WIP pics, although not of painting...yet :laugh.:

Introducing my take on Lady Malys:

med_gallery_51296_13541_103706.jpg

med_gallery_51296_13541_205503.jpg

med_gallery_51296_13541_123745.jpg

I had intended to have her in a more restrained pose, just how she is portrayed in some artwork. However, she is a Archon and a Dark Eldar first and foremost. Blood lust is in their nature!

I'm now looking at my Wyches and trying to work out the loadout for two of three eventual units (I have one box of ten at the moment, so I'm mulling over the idea of either making one unit of ten or two units of five for now)

Let me know what you think of her! :happy.:

For Wych Loadouts, The Shardnet and Impaler, imo, is the better combo due to the higher damage it deals. Which might be more useful than the rerolls to hit and to wound that the Razor Flails and Hydra Gauntlets give in the long run.

I think it depends on how you use your Wyches. Rerolls to wound should edge out the rest in most straight up infantry fights, whereas Shardnet and Impaler would be the best if you want to tarpit an expensive unit or vehicle, since a lucky roll might actually do something.