Shroud of Night

She doesn't have to appear everywhere but you are right. She's going to get nerf'd everywhere, haha. Even though she will no doubt mow down dozens of baddies in what ever novel she appears in she's still going to get killed by someone "special" to prove a point in a novel.

I know she's meant to be seen as an angel and part of the Emperor but is she meant to be what Humanity is meant to be evolving towards? A shamanic type being that can resurrect SAFELY after every death?

Someone may have said this already, but what time period is Shroud of Night set in? I'm reading Dark Imperium right now and am hoping to pick up something after that is also post-Gathering Storm.

So if Shroud of Night is set after Guilliman's return I might give it a go. (Same goes for Horusian: Resurrection, but that seems even less likely to be post-GS).

Wait...so this almost does for the AL what ADB's Soul Hunter did for NL?

Not even close, lol. There is a gap in range of an abyss between them.

Shroud of Night is a new story aboud 'bad' guys set into the new Noctis Aeterna setting. It showed prowess and strategy on the side of the 'bad' guys - but does not make them likeable.

Soul Hunter - did make NL (rapists, murderers, maniacs) LIKEABLE.

So nope - not even close. :wink:

• 2 weeks later...

Enjoyed it quite well. Definitely hope there will be more of these doubting, struggling Alpha Legionnaires. And i also want to see Ganshor the Iron Fist (as an old Iron Warrior fan, and you just don't name drop like that without having something planned! grr.) and more of Excrucias.

Ahhh - have you seen the tendency lately that all the EC stuff are amazing - Fabius, Lucius, Excrucias part in 'SoN' :)

Also - it would be nice to see Excrucias revenge on Kassar in book 2 :)

Ahhh - have you seen the tendency lately that all the EC stuff are amazing - Fabius, Lucius, Excrucias part in 'SoN' :smile.:

Also - it would be nice to see Excrucias revenge on Kassar in book 2 :smile.:

No, not really, have been taking it easy with my warhammer books since the decision to delay all Mass paperbacks. ;)

But it is nice to hear that Excrucias shows up elsewhere.

I extremely rarely buy Hardbacks, bought this one because of Alpha Legion and Dark Imperium because of "new defining lore".

I believe it is new defining lore.

It was nice to see Alpha Legion as actual Astartes rather than just automatons saying "I'm Alpharius" all the time whilst doing super secret 007 missions.

Hope not - cause the lore so far (and I mean Gathering Storm) is horrible and childish. Old vets will drop that circus for sure. And the future of W40K would be the same shining rainbows as world of fething warcraft

• 2 weeks later...

Finished this a few days after it came out. It was a good read and I enjoyed it (mostly the beginning) but it's going to be awhile till I pick it up again for another read through.

If they continue this I would most definitely pick up the sequel.

I've finally finished reading this one.

Nice to see the Imperial Fists being destroyed in a Novel. That's never happened before!

Not sure why they kept going on about doing things "for Dorn". He's been dead for millennia!

I didn't realise Celestine could be killed only to be reborn somewhere else in the Galaxy.

It has happened before. I hate to ruin the surprise but...
Storm of Iron. Read it, you won't regret it.

Wait...so this almost does for the AL what ADB's Soul Hunter did for NL?

It's a good start but it's not an iconic novel so much as setting the stage- more Lord of the Night than Soul Hunter.

True. But right now we have a list of TWO novels set during/after times mentioned in the new lore of the Gathering storm. Lol

I am quite pleased with all the novels set post gathering storm that I have read.

You mean novel 1 and novel 2? :teehee:

What he said is not factually incorrect, one can enjoy x set after y even if x still is of a low count. What is your point?

I am quite pleased with all the novels set post gathering storm that I have read.

You mean novel 1 and novel 2? :teehee:

What he said is not factually incorrect, one can enjoy x set after y even if x still is of a low count. What is your point?

If it is written by a good author or with love and not just to write something